AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-10-22, 22:39   Link #1
ShuLi

Guys help. i am going to die if this keeps up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guys please help. (something to do with the Codecs)

I just ran a NAV 2004 scan and found a Download.Trojan. so i went to Norton site and did what it told me.
i disable the system restore and boot the computer in safe mode and scan it with NAV 2004 agian. and it found nothing, the trojan is fix.

the problem started after i reboot the system after the safe Mode. when ever i left click on a animation foulder an Windows EXPLORER.EXE error appeared. (it says windows explorer has encountered a prolem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience.) RIght afther this error an other pops up and it is Drwatson Postmortem Debugger (it says Drwatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a prolem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience) after that the screen just froze (use to be that it just restart my Explorer) So what i did is go in to the Windows task Manager-Processes-EXPLORER.EXE and i end the process tree. and start it up agian.

I have Matroska_Pack_Full_v1.0.3 and Real Alternative 1.23 codes installed in my computer.

I remember reading about the same problem somewere. they said this error is cause by Divx or Xvid codecs. (like the computer is trying to show the first frame of the video file when i left click the foulder, but it can't so the error comes up) but i didn't know how to fix it.

does anyone know how to fix this? please

Please do not direct me to that post about the same problem. i sow it and try to do what it says but it did not work. the words that he or she said to put on the RUN did not work. I think it is because he has W98 and my is XP. the words use for RUN may be different.

I uninstalled the codecs and it is still the same.

does anyone know how to fix this? please

I just noticed one thing. when i disable the NIS and NAV 2004 i don't have any problems.

i had this problem 3 times before. all i did was just reinstall the computer. (back than the explorer just restarts it self not like now.)
I don't want to do that now since i have about 104GB of animations that i donwnloaded on the harddrive

Last edited by ShuLi; 2004-10-22 at 23:21.
ShuLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 00:18   Link #2
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Do you have SP2 installed?

Does this fit your bill?

If explorer crashes everytime you right click, you are probably seeing the incompatibility between the current version of divx (5.x) and SP2. This is being reported by multiple people.

Solution:
Add/Remove Divx from your system.
Add/remove all codecs (I would recommend removing Matroska_Pack_Full_v1.0.3 and Real Alternative 1.23 right now - you will install it again later)

Install matroska full edition (this includes ffdshow)

Try opening file in the directory in question. If it works, then install real-alternative.

That should solve your problem.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote