AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-06, 08:44   Link #581
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Little bit over two and a half hours. My body is ready.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 10:44   Link #582
Yuna Amakura

My body has been ready since forever!
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 11:09   Link #583
tsunade666

20+ minutes and counting!!!! It's been a long wait but it's finally NEAR hear.
Old 2011-10-06, 11:41   Link #584
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Come on! For those who don't need subs, find a stream - it's on now.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 11:50   Link #585
AleX_MytH

First OP song is "Pursuing My True Self". It's kinda dissapointing. Anime is very close to original, but first dinner and first breakfast with Nanako were cut.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 12:11   Link #586
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleX_MytH View Post
First OP song is "Pursuing My True Self". It's kinda dissapointing. Anime is very close to original, but first dinner and first breakfast with Nanako were cut.
No Sky's the Limit as OP yet? Interesting.

Considering that the anime is clearly trying to be as faithful as it can to the game though (trailers + admittance from the adapters), I'm not as surprised that Pursuing My True Self is the OP for EP 1. Think about it - it's pretty much the first thing we see and hear in the game. Not really a disappointment to me - it works

Also may mean we see a full version of that song, finally. Please let it happen, Shoji Meguro!
Old 2011-10-06, 12:24   Link #587
AleX_MytH

I guess you have a point. Sky's the Limit was the ending song. It probably means that Pursuing My True Self was an opening song only in the first ep.
AleX_MytH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 12:46   Link #588
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Come on! For those who don't need subs, find a stream - it's on now.
I can't find the raws yet even in the net or maybe I'm just unlucky but the site I visit always to watch raw hasn't uploaded it yet.
Old 2011-10-06, 13:00   Link #589
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I can't find the raws yet even in the net or maybe I'm just unlucky but the site I visit always to watch raw hasn't uploaded it yet.
It's been an hour and a half since Episode 1 was started in Japan - is that site really that quick!?

Think I'll wait until subs come out
Old 2011-10-06, 14:18   Link #590
Sides

Buh, have to wait ~24h until Anime on Demand streams it in the UK. I always thought that simulcast means it happens at the same time or something.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:34   Link #591
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As someone who didn't play any of the persona games, I didn't get the references or anything, but it was obvious the staff behind it put a lot of efforts regarding details from the games (even the calendar).

Now, I personally think this pilot episode was a tad slow: the directing was sort of bland and straightfoward, so it was a tad lacking in term of intriguing or intensity aspects, even with the whole TV stuff the first time. The other fault I would point out is the sheer "rpg"ish impression... yes it is the actual genre of the games (sorta), but the directing made it a bit too conventional (a bit how Tales of the Abyss anime went), so it doesn't really have complete "anime" vibes imho.
That said, rather good production value in general. I guess it will need few episodes to really take off.
Old 2011-10-06, 14:39   Link #592
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

any action scene

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 14:41   Link #593
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes there is, although it is rather short, and pretty one sided. Your usual "awakening" moment.
Old 2011-10-06, 15:36   Link #594
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Not too bad, but it really shows that this is a game adaptation. The pacing was too quick and not enough time was spent on creating an atmosphere. Hopefully, that changes soon.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 15:40   Link #595
LKK

Interesting start. I know nothing about the game, so I'm going to treat this as if it were an anime original show.*

First impression: The gradient coloring on the faces made me think of five o'clock shadows. Which is fine for the guys. But not so much for the girls.

*I hope this thread will stay game-spoiler free for the people like me who are new to the storyline.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 16:06   Link #596
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Now, I personally think this pilot episode was a tad slow: the directing was sort of bland and straightfoward, so it was a tad lacking in term of intriguing or intensity aspects, even with the whole TV stuff the first time. The other fault I would point out is the sheer "rpg"ish impression... yes it is the actual genre of the games (sorta), but the directing made it a bit too conventional (a bit how Tales of the Abyss anime went), so it doesn't really have complete "anime" vibes imho.
That said, rather good production value in general. I guess it will need few episodes to really take off.
I felt it was the opposite actually: it was too fast. They neither build up the mystery nor introduce the characters properly. They just rushed as fast as they could to reach the awakening of Izanagi (which they even moved forward). Hopefully, the pace of the next episode will be a bit more laid-back. That doesn't really seem to be the case looking at the preview though.

The art during the first part of the episode was a bit off, but it thankfully got better over the course of the episode. Still not as impressive as the PV made it out to be overall.

Nonetheless, it was still pretty good for video game adaptation. I think my expectations were simply too high. It's fun that they kept things from the game like the calendar and the protagonist's stats (I bet his courage stat has increased at the end of the ep - he suddenly turned into a total badass as soon as he summoned his persona, hard to believe it he couldn't even move his legs a few seconds before ).

It'll make me some time to get used to the japanese voices, Yousuke's in particular. And I can already tell Kuma's Kumas are going to annoy me to no end. On the other hand, Hocchan's Chie is as perfect as I imagined, I already like her more than I ever liked english Chie (it's most likely going to be the opposite for Rise... I'm bracing myself).
Old 2011-10-06, 16:26   Link #597
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Must... not... fanboy....

Aw, hell with it.

Spoiler for Ep01:
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 16:29   Link #598
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I felt it was the opposite actually: it was too fast. They neither build up the mystery nor introduce the characters properly. They just rushed as fast as they could to reach the awakening of Izanagi (which they even moved forward). Hopefully, the pace of the next episode will be a bit more laid-back. That doesn't really seem to be the case looking at the preview though.
That's actually another way to say my impressions: I never stated it was slow, to the contrary (hence why i said "straightforward").
This is why I believe there is no intensity or intriguing aspect, since they delivered the whole stuff in a very fast matter, without building a strong mood.
Old 2011-10-06, 17:00   Link #599
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Haven't play the game but was familiar with the ost so I'm glad they're using it for the anime. Some pistes are beyond awesome, like the preview BGM.

Very good first episode. Liking the main character and his classmates, intriguing setting, good production value, so definitely following it this season!
And somehow the last part reminded me of Dennou Coil :
Spoiler for P4 - DC:

Would have been perfect if not for Yuu the last sentence. Came off like a bad shounen catch phrase 'orz...
Old 2011-10-06, 17:04   Link #600
Metalsnakezero
Trio Finale!

Yo, the anime was pretty good. I would say that the pacing was a bit too fast but overall it was well done and hope they keep it up. Wrote some impressions here: http://www.animevice.com/profile/met...de-1/107-8332/ and here http://www.giantbomb.com/shin-megami...e-1/35-518038/
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic176117_1.gif
Metalsnakezero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy