AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-13, 15:37   Link #1
Hellraizer0

Hokage Next (possible spoilers)

I mean, it's pretty obvious Naruto will be the next, or next next Hokage. But from the point where we're at in the manga, does it ever seem like Naruto will advance to Chuunin level? Yes, Naruto is pretty smart in individual fights, but does anyone think he can EVER lead a team and give orders? He's more of a follower than a leader.

I guess once he advances to Chuunin, it shouldn't be too hard to advance to Jounin level, he obviously already has the strength, and if he advanced to Chuunin level (by miracle of course), he must have the smarts, all he needs is more skill and more jutsu's.

So back to my original topic, how will Naruto ever become Hokage? I guess it leads to the theory that he will eventually die for the village and he will be named honorary hokage. Any thoughts/opinions on this?
Hellraizer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 15:46   Link #2
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraizer0
I mean, it's pretty obvious Naruto will be the next, or next next Hokage. But from the point where we're at in the manga, does it ever seem like Naruto will advance to Chuunin level? Yes, Naruto is pretty smart in individual fights, but does anyone think he can EVER lead a team and give orders? He's more of a follower than a leader.

I guess once he advances to Chuunin, it shouldn't be too hard to advance to Jounin level, he obviously already has the strength, and if he advanced to Chuunin level (by miracle of course), he must have the smarts, all he needs is more skill and more jutsu's.

So back to my original topic, how will Naruto ever become Hokage? I guess it leads to the theory that he will eventually die for the village and he will be named honorary hokage. Any thoughts/opinions on this?
Naruto will never be Hokage unless there is a time-jump.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 15:56   Link #3
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
the end of the series will most likely be naruto becoming hokage, because that is naruto's ultimate goal.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 18:10   Link #4
raikage
日本語を食べません!

From Genin to Chuunin - that's one heck of a jump. Remember, there are only a finite amount of ninjas per tournament (at least 8, possibly more) that can advance in the rankings.

From Chuunin to Jounin - who knows how that happens? Personally, I think that each individual village crowns its own Jounin, selected from the ranks of Chuunin. There's no group test in the same way that the Chuunins have it.

I'm gonna go with the time-jump theory, unless Naruto becomes the first 15-year old Kage in history.

My old post may have been on the old forum, so I'll reiterate here:

Naruto may not even WANT to become Hokage in three years' time. His goals might change and he decides to do something else. It's similar to how kids want to become the best President ever; how are they going to do that? Naruto's statement to surpass the Hokage name, how does one do that? As he matures, he may decide he wants to do something else with his life, and the series ends in a completely different place than anyone expected.

The show might be interesting (or some doujinshi may cover this later) if Naruto becomes Hokage. What next? How does he lead his country into the future? What sort of challenges will he face during his reign?
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 18:24   Link #5
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Naruto may not even WANT to become Hokage in three years' time. His goals might change and he decides to do something else. It's similar to how kids want to become the best President ever; how are they going to do that? Naruto's statement to surpass the Hokage name, how does one do that? As he matures, he may decide he wants to do something else with his life, and the series ends in a completely different place than anyone expected.
I'm pretty sure Naruto wants to be hokage... he keeps sayin it over and over again... that's his dream....
Old 2004-01-13, 20:09   Link #6
Izlude
Sharingan!

i think he's saying that even though it is his dream now, his aspirations might change. although i doubt they will.

dreams change in reality because there are limitless possibilities on what direction you can take with your life.

in the naruto world, there's pretty much just one which we are exposed to (ninja) and naturally you'd want to be the best possible. granted he could be the best ninja without being hokage, and maybe he will find another alternative to have people recognize him (his reasoning behind wanting to be hokage), but from the first episode i think it's pretty clear where naruto will end up.
Izlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 21:25   Link #7
eLstar
(^_^)v

Naruto wants to be Hokage because his true goal is to be acknowledged by all the people in the village. Sure it'd be better if he became Hokage but if he died at the end saving the village, I'd be happy with that too.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 21:32   Link #8
Hellraizer0

Ok then, so to change my question up a bit, does anyone think Naruto has the ability to become a Chuunin?
Hellraizer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 21:38   Link #9
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
naruto can never become a leader to anyone....

if he lead a mission, the mission is a successful but whole team wiped out, he survives just because he has kyubi.

imagine the team that naruto lead is like Naruto + Konohamaru the trio
ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 21:40   Link #10
Izlude
Sharingan!

i wonder if the chuunin exam is the only way to obtain chuunin status. maybe hokage can bestow the title upon someone for outstanding bravery/heroism/etc. in a mission.
Izlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 21:43   Link #11
Stickels
Just passing by

yeah I think he does, he's smart, he works well in a team. I think he's more than capable of it, just let him grow up a little bit.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 21:49   Link #12
eLstar
(^_^)v

Yeah of course. But I prefer him as a genin, he seems more impressive that way.
Old 2004-01-13, 21:51   Link #13
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraizer0
Ok then, so to change my question up a bit, does anyone think Naruto has the ability to become a Chuunin?
He's strong enough, but Naruto lacks leadership skills. If he can develop some before the next chuunin exam, he should pass. I expect a jump to the next one after the current story finishes, however I think the leaf genin will have other things on their minds besides passing the exam...
Old 2004-01-13, 22:11   Link #14
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
a time jump and then flashbacks to explaing everything ^_^

better than having 2000000 chapters rite?

will chapter 200 be like a double issue also like the 1 hour special???? off topic but it just poped up

naruto becoming a chuunin will be something we can all look forward to ^_^
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 22:13   Link #15
raikage
日本語を食べません!

If the Alliance falls apart (which looks pretty likely), then there may be no more Chuunin exams and the 'replacement for war' will be replaced by war, and Naruto will become a Chuunin the way Kakashi, Gai, and everyone else did - battlefield promotion.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 22:34   Link #16
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Actually, it's not Naruto true dream to become Hokage.

His true dream is have everyone acknowledge him. He just saw in the Hokage the "easiest" way of having everyone acknowledge him.

He'll discover later (hopefully) that it's not really important being acknowledged by all people, but only by those by are really important to him.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 22:50   Link #17
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
Actually, it's not Naruto true dream to become Hokage.

His true dream is have everyone acknowledge him. He just saw in the Hokage the "easiest" way of having everyone acknowledge him.

He'll discover later (hopefully) that it's not really important being acknowledged by all people, but only by those by are really important to him.
I believe I just said something like that.

Quote:
Naruto wants to be Hokage because his true goal is to be acknowledged by all the people in the village. Sure it'd be better if he became Hokage but if he died at the end saving the village, I'd be happy with that too.
Old 2004-01-13, 22:56   Link #18
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
I believe I just said something like that
I saw, Dranz-san
I just reinforced your statement ^^''

Well, actually I didn't see your post but... well, I reinforced your statement after all, did I not?
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 22:57   Link #19
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious
I saw, Dranz-san
I just reinforced your statement ^^''
Repetition is the key, as they always say. Or not.
Old 2004-01-13, 23:26   Link #20
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Or he will mature and turn out like ero-sennin and has to many girls on the mind to think about then to think about being a hokage
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote