AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-01, 21:28   Link #41
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Now I'm down to Mile High Club........guess I'm going in deep, and I'm going in hard.
Old 2008-02-01, 22:05   Link #42
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Prepare for a whole load of pain, sweat, blood, tears and multiple controllers(After you throw the first one at the TV in exasperation), it's one hell of a difficult level.

On a side note of advice, pick up a P90, throw flashes in these points, the hallway, the area where the SAS say "Hull Breach" , the floor directly above the hull breach area, and the hallway directly following that. Also, reloading your gun while it has SOME ammo left saves you a few secs of reload time.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 00:52   Link #43
matt4212

i just got mile high club yeterday. first time i was back on in 2 weeks. I was afraid i wasnt gonna make it too since i got stuck on two guys blocking my way with only 5 seconds left. it was hard, but at least i only had to use one controller. now i wonder if cod4's gonna have more achievements in an update later on...
matt4212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 11:54   Link #44
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4212 View Post
i just got mile high club yeterday. first time i was back on in 2 weeks. I was afraid i wasnt gonna make it too since i got stuck on two guys blocking my way with only 5 seconds left. it was hard, but at least i only had to use one controller. now i wonder if cod4's gonna have more achievements in an update later on...
as I know of it atm achievements is a Xbox thing, unless ur on about the online challenges which then I don't think we'll see anything new there(some of them online challenges are a real pain to get, especially my C4 ones)
New weapons would most likely go down a storm but then when do they ever introduce any thing remotely close to something as good as that

Instead I would like to have them work on sorting out there servers or whatever they are using, had way too many games recently where host has ended game far too early
Also to work on a better clan/friend support, the current one is way too plain and well pretty much useless. Never had soo much trouble trying to join up with friends before

anyone else think prestige mode is really just a waste of time?!
Only thing I find useful is it forces you to use guns again without the RDSs which in turn can make improve your aim I find but that isn't something I want from something that takes away all your hard work
Old 2008-02-02, 13:38   Link #45
matt4212

i think prestige mode is a good thing if you want an extra challenge. I also found out that Infinity Ward is having a map modding contest, but you need the pc version of the game to use the tools they have.
Old 2008-02-03, 02:31   Link #46
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt4212 View Post
i think prestige mode is a good thing if you want an extra challenge. I also found out that Infinity Ward is having a map modding contest, but you need the pc version of the game to use the tools they have.
Practically, Prestige mode is a tad useless, unless you really want to lengthen the life of your online experience by constantly working your way up and unlocking challenges.
Old 2008-02-04, 23:57   Link #47
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Looks like their gonna be some new maps wooot

www.psu.com/Infinity-Ward-says-downloadable-maps-coming-for-COD4-News--a0002631-p0.php
Activision has given a semi-formal announcement that you can expect to see new maps brought to you for Call of Duty 4 throughout the year in form of downloadable content. These new maps are both in development for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 console. Call of Duty 4 lead all games in units sold worldwide according to NPD and it comes as no surprise that Activision plans to continue the playing experience in this fashion.

With the recently announced user-created content contest revolving around COD4 and its map availability, it is nice to see that the development team isn’t leaving everything up to the fans. These new maps are going to be launching players into new global warfare zones all around the world.

“We’ve demonstrated our commitment to delivering the best multiplayer experience in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and that continues with our plans for new downloadable content,” explains Infinity Ward’s Community Manager, Robert Bowling. “We’re excited about the new maps, and the added gameplay variety, and we can’t wait to wrap things up and get online with everyone.”

There is no official date as to when to expect these additions to one of the better games released in 2007, however, PSU.com will keep you up to date as more info is given regarding release.
Old 2008-02-05, 01:41   Link #48
Tabris

There's not really much challenge to it though, other than losing a few guns, which to be honest, didn't really make a big difference. It has been fun though, playing through again, I haven't had one bad game since going prestige. I don't know why.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 23:19   Link #49
King Lycan
*IT Support

WOOOT PS3 COD4 news

The most popular game on the PlayStation Network, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, is set to receive its next patch in the near future. The Community Relations Manager over at Infinity Ward gave us the lowdown on their official forums.

"Just wanted to you guys to know what's happening on the PS3 side not just the 360.

"The Xbox 360 feature patch got through test a bit faster than the PS3 one, so it was sent off to Microsoft for certification today, but I wanted to let you know the PS3 feature patch isn't far behind in terms of going to Sony."

He noted some of the features that are set to make an appearance in this latest update.

"Some good news is that the patch will include among the other things, a new quick mute option so you can easily mute players as quickly as you can call in an airstrike, by pulling up the scoreboard and choosing the player you want to mute whether in-game or in-lobby.

"As well as the Recently Met Players, and all other features (New Kill Cams, Improved Sniper Accuracy, etc.)"

We're eagerly awaiting this newest patch, as is the entire Call of Duty community. The patch should be available soon on a PlayStation 3 near you.
Old 2008-03-31, 23:18   Link #50
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Don't wanna revive age-old threads, but this is really worth a share to me:

Credit to Serpento

Last edited by Fynal_Fyre; 2008-04-02 at 08:36.
Old 2008-04-01, 20:23   Link #51
King Lycan
*IT Support

not working for me
Old 2008-04-01, 21:04   Link #52
Eviltape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Fixed the tags. I love that song.
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 17:07   Link #53
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Wow that was amazing! I loved the part with the silenced pistols.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 17:13   Link #54
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
Wow that was amazing! I loved the part with the silenced pistols.
Except they used the WRONG sound. They were using the "suppressed rifle" sound rather than the "suppressed pistol" sound. But I think it was intentional.
Old 2008-04-03, 15:27   Link #55
SkoolRumble4Ya

My PSN ID is NoEffect86. Add me if any of ya'll wanna battle or play together .
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-03, 21:00   Link #56
King Lycan
*IT Support

ill add you
Old 2008-04-03, 21:29   Link #57
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Don't wanna revive age-old threads, but this is really worth a share to me:

Credit to Serpento
I forgot to mention, I showed it to one of my friends on AIM.....and I ended up giving him an idea for a Nanoha AMV.
Old 2008-04-03, 23:40   Link #58
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

That's...Good?

Speaking of which, Hashiriya, the new COD 4 maps are incoming.

NEWS HERE
Old 2008-04-03, 23:57   Link #59
matt4212

Quote:
That's...Good?

Speaking of which, Hashiriya, the new COD 4 maps are incoming.

NEWS HERE
yay for new maps.... but im not gonna pay 800 ms points for 4 maps. maybe 600 but thats it.
Old 2008-04-04, 13:37   Link #60
V-Slasher

I've just bought the maps, they are ok, but team slayer and team objective only?
V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote