AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2012-02-21, 10:47   Link #661
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I really wonder why many people want Kazumi to die while using the Giralda without considering that Pheles might actually be testing Kazumi's resolve (i.e. trolling her).
Yes. I read the LN chapter (volume XXII, ch. 1) and that's what Pheles describes: she wanted a miracle to happen, since humans are always afraid to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Yep, J.C. Staff has been surprisingly loyal to the novels with the author supervising them. Not a good moment to break it even though they did make the Yoshida sacrifice episode into a complete comedy.
Not a complete comedy, but it was quite funny It was refreshing to have such light moments to smooth the mood...

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 12:13   Link #662
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Yeah, so Psalm of Grand Order is like an input code in programming (also Eat not it )
Spoiler:

Quote:
(also Eat not it )
And that's what I get for posting at 2am....
Old 2012-02-26, 05:40   Link #663
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Spoiler:
Wasn't that Yuji's and the snake of creation's plan?

And first they are all about how they need to stop Xanadu and now they want it to happen?
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 11:43   Link #664
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
Wasn't that Yuji's and the snake of creation's plan?

And first they are all about how they need to stop Xanadu and now they want it to happen?
They wanted to mod it. That was Shana's plan all along.

The Snake making Xanadu an infinite Existence source would remove any need for eating humans but Shana's plan is to ensure that

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-02-26 at 19:42.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 21:19   Link #665
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Also

Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-01, 14:47   Link #666
reaper_unique

lol seriously? So all this fighting is just because they refuse to listen to each other?

But I remember that they stated that they cannot let the snake go through with his plan. Wasn't that battle in the snow all about that?

Ah, after that failed they wanted to stop the creation but they got info from that old dude or who ever provided them with info and decided to change it.

But didn't the snake let that all happen? Didn't that old dude work with the snake as well?
Old 2012-03-01, 20:02   Link #667
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
lol seriously? So all this fighting is just because they refuse to listen to each other?

But I remember that they stated that they cannot let the snake go through with his plan. Wasn't that battle in the snow all about that?

Ah, after that failed they wanted to stop the creation but they got info from that old dude or who ever provided them with info and decided to change it.

But didn't the snake let that all happen? Didn't that old dude work with the snake as well?
Remember, the battle in the rain, was by one of the Four Gods, who ultimately, is a Flame Haze and was acting on his own fears and doubts like all the rest.

He's not an omniscient character who understands everything.

Lea works for her/his own goals...not the Snake's and the Snake understands that too.

First and foremost, the Snake himself is actually quite a nice person. He lives to fulfil others' wishes after all....
Old 2012-03-03, 09:51   Link #668
reaper_unique

Thus it baffles me even more that they don't try and talk things through.... Oh well we are nearing the end.
Old 2012-03-03, 10:19   Link #669
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Thus it baffles me even more that they don't try and talk things through.... Oh well we are nearing the end.
If everything could be solved by talking, the impetus to fight wouldn't exist in the first place and wars would be ann alien concept...
Old 2012-03-05, 12:49   Link #670
reaper_unique

I never said that everything could be solved that way but if it's true that SoC just wants to help people and fulfill their dreams and the flame hazes want to protect the people, doesn't that mean they have some kind of common ground?
Old 2012-03-05, 12:54   Link #671
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I never said that everything could be solved that way but if it's true that SoC just wants to help people and fulfill their dreams and the flame hazes want to protect the people, doesn't that mean they have some kind of common ground?
But Flame Hazes DON'T want to help people. It was never about fighting for humanity with them.

The Snake receives the prayers of the Tomogara. Humanity is represented within the Snake by Yuji.
Old 2012-03-30, 06:50   Link #672
zero7090

What happen to Yuji in the end of ss2 and the beginning of ss3? How did he meet SnH?
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 07:43   Link #673
virox

Which one is more canon to the first volume? The first six episodes of the series or the movie? Did Alastor really get summoned by Friagne?
The summary at Baka-tsuki is not even done yet, so I don't know...
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 09:02   Link #674
OmniDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Which one is more canon to the first volume? The first six episodes of the series or the movie? Did Alastor really get summoned by Friagne?
The movie Shana gets shot by trigger happy and Alastor gets summoned.
OmniDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 12:32   Link #675
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

What's the significance of no 'Misaki' city in the new world? Because of that there is no conflict or something?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 14:53   Link #676
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
What's the significance of no 'Misaki' city in the new world? Because of that there is no conflict or something?
The city was so damaged during the copying process that they couldn't even make a copy of it. Quoting tsunade666...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
When Yuuji uses Misaki city as the place to summon the gate. He expands the already crack up holes in the city. Resulting in it completely destroyed and cease to exist. And it goes along with his original plan of restoring it. He completely sacrifice Misaki city to open up the gate then with the left over power of existence he completely repairs it and even the ones that got eaten by the tomogara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
You know has been a long time since someone asked this so I'll his repost my old explanation. Also note that the Snake had always been sleeping inside Yuji watching everything going on around him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
You see there had been a few times when Yuji would have dreams where he is talking to a mirror version of himself (which was the snake) and they would have all these deep philosophical conversations about life etc. and grow to become kinda like friends.

Well after the battle with Sabrac. Yuji started to worry about how he was still unable to really protect Shana that was when the snake appeared before Yuji and told him the only way to save Shana is to stop all the fighting and the best way to do that was to "Change The Truth of The World" i.e. Rewrite Reality.

By doing this Humans would no longer be needed for food so the flame haze would no longer be needed which meant that Shana could go back to being a normal girl and wouldn't have to fight anymore. So Yuji fuses with the snake to become a new being capable of caring out this plan.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-03-30 at 17:01.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 20:10   Link #677
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
In addition to the in-universe explanation already given, the metastory significance of Xanadu lacking its own Misaki City is so that there's a convenient way to prevent a duplication of known Misaki City characters--no extra Yujis, no extra Kazumis, no extra Satous, etc.

Assuming that Xanadu copied the world's population as well. I don't know about that; haven't seen the last two episodes yet due to lack of computer that my anime's stored on.
Old 2012-03-31, 17:31   Link #678
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

Shakugan no Shana english?

so will Shakugan no Shana 2 and 3 be in english dub? i keep hearing its been liesended so i guess so cause i jsut saw the 1st season and i wanna see more but i cant find english dub videos so im just wondering if it exists yet
MEGADANANIMEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 17:58   Link #679
Mad_Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGADANANIMEFAN View Post
so will Shakugan no Shana 2 and 3 be in english dub? i keep hearing its been liesended so i guess so cause i jsut saw the 1st season and i wanna see more but i cant find english dub videos so im just wondering if it exists yet
It doesn't exist yet. The second season isn't even out in subs (officially), though the third season is. I'm not totally sure what is going on with the licensing of the show, but I expect that eventually the second and third seasons will be available dubbed from Funimation.

Whether they will have the same voice cast as the first season is a different question. I hope at the very least they manage to get the person who did Shana's voice in English.
Mad_Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 18:02   Link #680
MEGADANANIMEFAN
Banned

dang i hate waiting.
MEGADANANIMEFAN is offline   Reply With Quote