AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-12-17, 15:10   Link #1
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
CCCP Settngs question?

I already have plenty of video conversion so I do not want anymore less my computer would crash. I mostly use Any video Converter, XVID4PSP, Atube Catcher and Format Factory nowadays but as far as MKV conversion goes, what would be the ideal settings for anime subs?
Old 2013-12-18, 06:14   Link #2
Reverzer0
Sleeping

are you trying to convert mkv including the subtitle?! i did some conversion several months ago, mkv subs didn't appear on the final output?! somehow, i extracted and convert it including the subs using xilisoft.
Old 2013-12-18, 12:25   Link #3
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Are you currently using CCCP? With which player? With the correct settings, you shouldn't have to convert .mkv files at all; that's why subbers release in that filetype.

If your computer is super slow, I can understand compressing it down to something like .mp4 or .avi, but if it's competent enough, don't ruin your quality by doing so.
Old 2013-12-18, 17:33   Link #4
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I guess but what can I do to get the subs to appear in my conversions?
Old 2013-12-18, 23:16   Link #5
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Best way is to convert them with a demuxer like tsmuxer and check on the option to keep subtitle files active. Most sub groups will release their .mkv files with hardsubs (.ass or .srt) embedded directly onto the files, making it difficult to convert with the files intact.

Which is why I recommended just using the CCCP codecs with Media Player Classic. No need for conversion, waiting or loss of quality.
Old 2013-12-19, 05:31   Link #6
Reverzer0
Sleeping

I tried tsmuxer just now with different anime.mkv but this message keeps poppin out?! What exactly the use of this one?!
Old 2013-12-19, 12:22   Link #7
sneaker

tsMuxer does not support ASS/SSA subtitles, thus is useless for most anime fansubs.

What neither of you two have answered are the questions about your desired output format (avi, mp4, hard-sub or soft-sub) and playback device.

When aiming for hard-subbed mp4 I recommend HandBrake:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
HandBrake isn't all that complex. Just load the source file, go to the subtitles tab, add the subtitle and check "Burn In". No extracting or additional tools needed and it even keeps the fonts, stylings and animations. It doesn't get much simpler than that.
When aiming for soft-subbed mp4 without video-reencoding MkvToMp4 can be used, but all styles/fonts will be lost in the process. Also, most hardware players don't support 10 Bit H.264 so simply remuxing mkv to mp4 is not sufficient for fansubs using that format even if the player claims to support mp4.

Last edited by sneaker; 2013-12-19 at 16:22.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 15:43   Link #8
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I have used it with the combination of another program before, but you're right. Handbrake was the one that I had, because it was a lot easier.

From experience, I'd definitely recommend that as well. There's a way to demux then remux again, adding the subtitle file back in, but it's trickier. It was my bad remembering the wrong program, apologies.
Old 2013-12-20, 02:55   Link #9
Reverzer0
Sleeping

Ahehe that would be okey", Lemme try feedback later",

edited: Handbrake is good however when adjusting these specific output settings(Display size into 368x208 and video codec into mpeg-4) for psp video format, subtitle will disappear and video quality was so low?! but using the standard setting without adjusting, subtitle will not disappear and quality is good?!

I havent tried mkvtomp4. Not sure if this application will work on what im pointing! I just want to beat my old way using only one software. Im actually using MKVToolnix+MKVExtract Gui to separate the subtitle from mkv file and convert it using Xilisoft including the extracted subtitle(srt), the fastest software in converting I know.

I hope Guernsey san got the ideas and other ways on how to setup subs and make it visible in converting",

Last edited by Reverzer0; 2013-12-20 at 06:58.
Reverzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 09:57   Link #10
sneaker

PSP has a display size of 480x272 pixels and does support H.264. Try to set it as following:

* (Not sure about the framerate stuff)

Use mp4 container and stereo aac audio (preferably AAC passthru).
Old 2013-12-20, 10:02   Link #11
sneaker

I can't reproduce your subtitle problem, btw. Are those by chance not ASS/SSA but idx/sub or pgs subtitles? Those are picture based and maybe it doesn't resize them. Could be fixed in a nightly build, otherwise make a bug report.
Old 2013-12-20, 22:29   Link #12
Reverzer0
Sleeping

I tried the setting but my psp pop this message, "This video cannot be played". Im using 6.20 pro-b8 firmware. I think 480x272 is only for wallpaper and themes!

It was a ass subtitle. even srt dont work. i havent encountered idx and pgs subs. I tried many converters but same problem happen. Probably i think its OS problem! I remember when i convert mkv into psp video format using win xp, the subs are complete visible because the texts are so big lol",