AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 2 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 31.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 18.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-11, 00:16   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 19 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 19!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for pondering:
Old 2007-02-11, 17:24   Link #2
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Screenshots of episode 19 courtesy of Random Curiosity. LOOK AT IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!.
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-02-14, 21:28   Link #3
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well not a bad episode. Schultz actually made himself look like a better guy in my view. He really was able to see how Alice felt better than a lot of people at that party. I wonder what that Leonir is up to exactly. I mean sure he's evil and maybe working with that Silver Wheel group but anything else is a guess.

Figures that someone is behind having the food being given to the poor right near a party going on for the rich. They knew that'd cause some problems, and adding in the information they got it's not going to be a fun party anymore.

I just can't figure out one thing. Oland can take on tanks, flamethrowers, etc but gets beaten by a shovel? Yeah that works....guess he'll wake up in time though to save alice if the preview means anything.
Old 2007-02-14, 21:52   Link #4
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A Sweet Trap

This was a beautiful episode, and the perfect setup to the start of the newest arc. However, I wonder with so few episodes left how the animation staff is going to handle the development to make for a decent conclusion.

The last things I know is that the manga currently has five volumes to now and with all the cram plethora of fillers that were sticked at the beginning of the show, I feel that lots of stuff for storytelling and plot development are going to be left out.

Regardless of that, this episode had a nice atmosphere that is juxtaposed with the turn of tides at the end, which we see it coming all along. Throw a ballroom party for nobles, which the location happens to be a few blocks away from the park where food is distributed to the people, bad idea.

Spoiler:

Definitely, Schultz displayed a dramatic growth on character that enabled him to understand Alice's feelings.
Spoiler:

I could have bestowed a 100 to this episode, but I cannot due that my only complain is that the ED song reverted to the first one. A shame because the new song by Stekkin was cute.
Old 2007-02-14, 22:55   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Completely forgot about Alice not being the heir of her family for much longer. Who knew she had a younger brother they were hiding from us. I also miss the ending song from the last episode, it was pretty funny and cute.

Wonder why they put so many fillers into the show if they were going to be left to scramble to find a way to get through the rest of the manga.

Good for Schultz though. Going out into the world and interacting with those that are suffering in that post-war period will be tough. But I think it'll be good for him and it's too bad that most nobles can't see things the way Alice and now Schultz do.
Old 2007-02-14, 22:56   Link #6
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
chibi Alice is cute as always ^^

and she were able to read that book(fill with text) in such a young age, i'm impressive, most kid in her age read comic usually and get bored with book fill with text, etc

Lord Leonir seems sneaky and he has evil eyes >.< , I would trust Lord Schultz a lot more since he is sincerely .

also "the masses" is very ungrateful :/ . Our section III is doing charity works and people put their anger on them :/ ... baka people

and poor Mel-kun :P, heads will roll when mel-kun is hungry :P
Old 2007-02-14, 23:05   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I suppose when people are hungry and upset they will blaim pretty much anyone. Probably not against Section III specifically but the army, and from what we've seen they have a right to be angry at the army...just not section III .

Clear that Leonir is an enemy, but just what his goal and who he's working for/leading is the question. Schultz is a good guy, he's clear and easy to read.

And OMG Acorns! That horrible cook feeding people acorns. "That's what animals eat". Seriously I don't feel bad about these guys dealing with a riot. Hard to believe how removed these people are from what's going on just outside.
Old 2007-02-15, 05:41   Link #8
Trax
Rock beats scissors

This episode was pretty decent, and a good way to forget the horrors of the previous one. So I for one am grateful they left out the temporary ED.

Didn't like how those people suddenly got angry with Oreld, they should have just shut down the food supply.

The food complaint by the slob (and apparently other snobs agreed with him) was kinda silly... What's the problem with acorns, and what is usually used for those snacks instead then?

I also found it a bit odd that Orland got knocked out so easily, even if he wasn't in wisp mode.

How many episodes will PS run for anyway? If it's something like 26 it seems it might be too rushed at the end, which would be ridicilous if you consider the time wasted on filler episodes.
Old 2007-02-15, 12:19   Link #9
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yea its been a while since we had a good ep like this ~ it was pretty deep with alice giving her theory on "why you dont ever give up" ~

i never knew she had such big assets (really the army uniform doesnt show that >.<)

i hope that snobby guy with the pizza hand dies and burn in hell T_T

funny bits ~
~ alice's sisters and Schultz about to knock that guy out
~ oreld giving his sweet talk to the cook XD

such a cliff hanger ep ~ im hoping alice gets to kick ass next week

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-02-15, 18:53   Link #10
Dop
Mmmm....

Ah! Character development!

Good to see that Schultz, who'd always come across as a bit pathetic in his earlier apperances, has Got It.
This episode he showed a much greater understanding of Alice's work than Leonir could ever do, and showed his true nobility.

Looking forward to next week, and hoping cheesy-fingered Paul gets what's coming to him!
Old 2007-02-16, 12:43   Link #11
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
I also found it a bit odd that Orland got knocked out so easily, even if he wasn't in wisp mode.
I thought the same thing. He's taken on tanks and had half his body burned off, but he can't handle a shovel to the head...
Old 2007-02-16, 13:10   Link #12
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Yes, if the concussion from a tank shell being fired next to his head can't knock him out, how can a measly shovel whack do him in? Or are we going to be treated to some bait and switch tactics in the next episode?
Old 2007-02-16, 19:51   Link #13
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I must say Alice looked might fine in that dress she looked better than her sisters. Does anyone hear the drums of a rebellion starting? Schultz earned a couple of points in my book he really noticed Alices feelings and we can tell that he truly cares for her. In the end he came out looking better than Leonir who i am still convinced is a bad guy.

I did not expect that Alice would lose her right to be the head of the family, hell i didnt even know she had a brother. But this might be the best for her, her thinking is not at all geared towards nobility. With out a title should could pretty much do what she wants. Im not sure why Leonir is after Alice but im sure its not for honorable motives. In noble houses marrying is all about improving your position and station marrying alice wold get him nothing, so what gives?

Im not sure what i think about Olands reaction to Alice getting married. I dont know if its admiration or a genuine feeling of love or like for him. I mean how many woman do you think Ollands had contact with over the years? I didnt really understand what Orlend meant when he was talking to Machs about it but it sounds like it was gray area. Things will be reveled soon im sure the next episode will be fun to watch. I do have 3 things though.

1. I hope Mer-Kun gets a hold of Leonir's crotch

2. Who wants to bet at the end of the next episode Alices dress will be runined

3. Whats up with Oland going down like a bitch from shovel to the head. This man has taken on tanks. been shot, stabbed. poked prodded, burnt and been subjected to embarrassing moments involving his manhood at the hospital. But one little shovel hit and hes down on his back like a $1 whore.
Old 2007-02-16, 22:56   Link #14
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
2. Who wants to bet at the end of the next episode Alices dress will be runined
Oh dear. The fanservice possibilities are endless (well, actually they're fairly predictable. In these situations, dresses always seem to rip in the same places...) But Pumpkin Scissors is definitely cheap enough to cash in on the opportunity.
Old 2007-02-17, 03:55   Link #15
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Er... Even without her position as next head of the Malvin family, Alice is still a high ranking noble. She shouldn't lack for suitors, even if Leonir could arguably get better (in terms of rank).

As for what interests him... the simplest explanation is that he plans to marry her and have her inherit the head position anyway. Somehow. (By killing her father before the brother is officially made heir? By killing her brother? Both?)
Old 2007-02-17, 13:55   Link #16
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Er... Even without her position as next head of the Malvin family, Alice is still a high ranking noble. She shouldn't lack for suitors, even if Leonir could arguably get better (in terms of rank).

As for what interests him... the simplest explanation is that he plans to marry her and have her inherit the head position anyway. Somehow. (By killing her father before the brother is officially made heir? By killing her brother? Both?)
That scenario is very plausible. For all his good looks and charm its very obvious that hes very intelligent. I would not put killing off the Alices father and brother above him. He looks at Alice like she a possession or a wild horse that would be fun to break, I can not see this person have genuine feels for Alice
Old 2007-02-17, 14:18   Link #17
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Looks too simple to me, though. I said it was the simplest, but I don't really believe in it. I think anime needs something more convoluted, and/or involving handwavium of some sort.
Old 2007-02-17, 15:25   Link #18
Kalimari

some image from Episode 20

Spoiler for image episode20:
Old 2007-02-18, 00:16   Link #19
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
I thought the same thing. He's taken on tanks and had half his body burned off, but he can't handle a shovel to the head...
*sigh*

Its the plot device, you just have to accept nothing consistent in this series, so its best to not think too hard about it, and just sit back and enjoy it.

Old 2007-02-18, 04:02   Link #20
sevenheaven7

so does orland have a crush on alice?
Closed Thread