AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-10-20, 18:31   Link #1181
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Episode 3 continue to follow closely the LN, and I'm quite satisfied how they kept the fine details with Sena, and how Kodaka isn't passive (I was afraid they would make the fanservice even more fullthrottle due to obvious reasons).
Meanwhile, Kobato's introduction sort of lacked of "something" (I guess few non chuuni quirks were absent here), but it was all good either way.

Of course, the special mention was how Sacred Blackstar remained unchanged... I wonder if Itou really didn't feel awkward with Sena's ero liners

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-10-21 at 10:29.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 19:15   Link #1182
ion475
にこにこにー

Well, this finish (for the most part) Vol. 1, with the exception of introduction of Yukimura. Now we're finally moving onto Vol. 2, where the fun finally begin. At the end, though, the most important part of the episode is the last few minutes (before the ED) anyway...

On the voice part, HanaKana still haven't quite adjust back to Kuroneko mode, yet. But then, I can't really judged her when all she got to say is a bunch of one-liner this episode...

Quote:
I am so not getting what the weirdness in the male lead is suppose to be. Aside from his attire he looks more normal then the so called normal people.
He's the tsukkomi of the series, which means he's actually quite normal with the exception of people fearing his look. So, it's quite normal that you don't find weirdness in him, b/c, he's not...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 19:36   Link #1183
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i think his weirdness is how kodaka stays normal/optimistic even after beign treated so roughly and many failures to have friends.
Old 2011-10-20, 22:52   Link #1184
Dahak86
Classics never age

oh, an episode that actually caters to my tastes?

Spoiler for I must be dreaming...:
Old 2011-10-20, 22:52   Link #1185
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol at Sena playing an eroge. Kobato is now my favorite! Nice o see Kodaka teach Sena how to swim. He also looked bad-ass and got rid of those guys. Nice to see he had a true friend in the past. Oh man his friend was Yozara! Did she know it was Kodaka when he got into the school or did she just figure out it was him?
Old 2011-10-20, 23:13   Link #1186
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A nice episode. Liked how Kodoka had some good moments. It wasn't a cliche of not being able to do anything and just looking tough, though his looks helped drive them off. But he stepped in, handled the first guy, and even got on Sena's case about picking a fight when they were already leaving. Definitely if she isn't careful could end up in a very dangerous situation. While you can't avoid everything no reason to outright start something.

Pretty easy swimming lessons for Kodoka to give. Sena's natural talents allow her to quickly pick things up. Nearly as fast as he is after a short amount of time. But not like she went into the water and started breaking Olympic records . Some progress for Kodoka and Sena though. She has a guy around that will get angry with her if she does something stupid, but is also willing to step in and protect her.

The second we saw this 'old friend' I pretty much knew it was Yozora. Just seemed too easy. Guess the question is if she realized right away. Certainly hid things pretty well in that first encounter (not to mention the time they've been in the same class) if she knew all along.

Well there's a little sister that requires a bit of patience . Certainly a lot worse out there though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
oh, an episode that actually caters to my tastes?

Spoiler for I must be dreaming...:
That's BlackStar for you, can end up in the title of a game he's not at all connected to . Though have to say I was thinking "oh so she's playing a Sacred Blacksmith eroge."
Old 2011-10-20, 23:40   Link #1187
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Is Kobato naturally heterochromic? I'm assuming it's just a colored contact lens but I'm curious anyway. She's also kind of wimpy despite her facade. Just cold bath water making her panic and cry like that? Well I guess some folks like the vulnerable type.

They didn't miss an opportunity to show off Sena's body when it got to the pool scene. This series really likes the suggestive view angles. It's kind of forced, but at least it's tame.

And yeah, it's pretty easy to come to the conclusion the the kid Kodaka knew when he was younger is Yozora judging from her reaction. Just wondering why she liked dressing and acting as a boy when she was younger.

Anyway, this episode really increased the relationship these characters have with one another, both in the friend, family AND romance fields.~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
http://sadpanda.us/images/707938-7LY7SQB.gif <= lolwut? ... is this some kind of "new fanservice" I wasn't aware of?
I actually gave a double-take when I saw that. What the hell?

I assume she was holding in her gut for some reason. Or maybe they were doing a satire of Gainaxing. Either way I wouldn't say it's actual fanservice unless people have a stomach fetish.
Old 2011-10-20, 23:48   Link #1188
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

This is definitely shaping up to be a very good series. Not as much comedy, but definitely some good development. Like how he has pretty normal reactions to stuff, not the usual MC scared of everything disease.....

The girls are also very likable in their own ways.
Old 2011-10-20, 23:50   Link #1189
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I actually gave a double-take when I saw that. What the hell?

I assume she was holding in her gut for some reason. Or maybe they were doing a satire of Gainaxing. Either way I wouldn't say it's actual fanservice unless people have a stomach fetish.
Think they were trying to play on the fact that Sena doesn't lack meat with that one.

This episode was a god damn goldmine. Awesome stuff all around.

Reading out those eroge lines - especially with the focus being on the fact that they are downright impossible to read out aloud without being embarrassed must have been hella embarrassing

The best part about the episode was definitely Kodaka man-ing it up though. Not only does he know how to use his looks to his advantage if needed - he actually can hold up to the image too. Cool.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:52   Link #1190
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If last week was a taste of the two main heroine's eccentricity, this week has a more 'serious' tone with Kodaka reminiscing the past and that one quote that stuck with him since then, but that's not really as important as seeing the flag raised for both girls this episode And unlike last episode, I think this week's did justice to both Light Novel and Manga imo though the blackstar scene was strangely more explicit in those two previous media

For some reason even though I knew it was Hanazawa voicing Kobato, I really wanted to hear Ayana Taketatsu doing her role I think it would had been awesome when she goes up against Maria later

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-10-21 at 00:52.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:31   Link #1191
Utsuro no Hako

I've been worried about how they're going to handle some of the raunchier material, but this puts me at ease. While they did town down Sacred Blackstar a bit, they made up for it with Yozora's insults.

The episode was a bit rushed (they fit in at least three chapters as reckoned by the manga), but that's okay because it means we'll finally see the rest of the cast next week.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:42   Link #1192
lightsenshi
Author

I love this series, I haven't laughed so hard in months.
Old 2011-10-21, 00:44   Link #1193
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Yeah same here. Seriously loved the Monster Hunter scene they showed in episode two. That had me rewatching the scene over and over again just to scrutinize every single detail.

That said, I can't wait to see the next episode (well, I'm still waiting for it to get translated and get to a place that actually allows me to use the internet wit little restrictions...).
Old 2011-10-21, 00:46   Link #1194
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Been enjoying this quite a bit more than I expected so far. Episode 3 provided some really nice character building that I wasn't quite expecting. I really love seeing Kodoka as a male lead in this type of show, someone who isn't useless and actually is more like an actual guy. The character interactions have all been quite fun and there isn't a character I've hated so far.

As of episode 3 I can definitely say this is a keeper for the season.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:48   Link #1195
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
they made up for it with Yozora's insults.
Tell me about it. I think it was the first time in my life I heard "Real Dutch Wife" or "You'll make me pregnant" being used, moreover at a girl
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 00:49   Link #1196
TakezoMusashi

I really liked the third episode.
Finally got to see the first loli for real, now they just need to introduce the nun loli and I'll be happy.

Yozara was pretty nice as a kid.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 01:27   Link #1197
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Another interesting and funny episode. I finally see Index again... well... maybe not.

^
^
^
Heck... Yozora is nice... even as a teen. She's very interesting.
Old 2011-10-21, 01:29   Link #1198
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't know why, but that shot of the monkey riding the pig was just hilarious to me. I couldn't stop laughing.

This show has a very weird, off-center, funhouse mirror sensibility. It's funny when it should be serious, serious when it should be funny and everything - even the fanservice - is just slightly odd. I like it a lot but I certainly haven't figured it out yet.

Judging by the preview it looks as if next episode we finally get the ensemble show I thought we were getting. Has AIC laid a trap for next week?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 01:49   Link #1199
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Good fanservice episode, except with his sister. Now that was completely unneeded. Though is it because of the same VA that Kobato used Kuroneko's lines.

So Sena needs to swim-- why? Her meatbags can float her.

So anyhow we weren't wasting our time, as we learned that Kodoka's actually a badass, and Sena found someone that won't just bow down to her, and that friendship speeches can be cool!

Also, lol @ the eroge readings. Yea, that's pretty much an accurate depiction.

And Yozora is that boy. lololol

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-10-21 at 02:18.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 02:03   Link #1200
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't know why, but that shot of the monkey riding the pig was just hilarious to me. I couldn't stop laughing.
Oh yeah, completely forgot to post about it. I watched it like ten times and couldn't stop laughing either. I still don't get what the idea was with that one. Just for kicks or was it actually serving some higher purpose, unthinkable as it is?

@Archon_Wing: You got a typo Yozora isn't meat and she already knew very well how to swim
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen