Old 2009-01-27, 15:39   Link #1421
viperx116

April?

/cries
viperx116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 21:25   Link #1422
rebel one
Do the Monkey

I was finally able to catch up! I stopped reading during Hoshino's last big hiatus and kinda forgot to go back.

I really hope that she gets better soon. So, um, what's the reason this time?
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 13:22   Link #1423
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
She has an illness called Norovirus and the second being an injury in her neck.

Still im a little concerned about her illness with Norovirus. Because the number of deaths from norovirus in the US is estimated to be around 300 each year, with most of these occurring in the very young, elderly and persons with weakened immune systems.
that answers your question..
I'll wait patiently for her return and I really hope she gets well without getting sick again several months after
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 13:27   Link #1424
AjayLikesGaming

I just finished reading volume one of this, it is quite interesting, i was wondering what you guys thought of it and whether it gets a lot better, im undecided as to whether im going to continue with it.
AjayLikesGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 13:46   Link #1425
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami-kun View Post
I just finished reading volume one of this, it is quite interesting, i was wondering what you guys thought of it and whether it gets a lot better, im undecided as to whether im going to continue with it.
Why not? just read to the latests one out, and when the author gets back on her feets you will be up to date on the chapter.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 08:32   Link #1426
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
that answers your question..
I'll wait patiently for her return and I really hope she gets well without getting sick again several months after
Completely agree with you. I really hope she won't have to suffer anymore(as well as us fan of DGM).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami-kun View Post
Just as Wargumm1i stated,you should continue if you think the 1st volume is interesting(same as I). Hope you enjoy it.
Old 2009-02-03, 10:18   Link #1427
Kafriel
Senior Guest

At some point you may think the story is going downwards but don't worry, the result is amazing in the end.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 00:12   Link #1428
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
At some point you may think the story is going downwards but don't worry, the result is amazing in the end.
I totally enjoy reading it though. I don't feel there's downward moment. The result is no doubt amazing in the end which I agree.
Old 2009-02-13, 17:10   Link #1429
GDB

It's been confirmed in this week's WSJ that D.Gray-man will return the second week of March (the 9th I think, maybe 11th, I forget what day of the week WSJ comes out).

Courtesy of MangaHelpers:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 17:23   Link #1430
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's been confirmed in this week's WSJ that D.Gray-man will return the second week of March (the 9th I think, maybe 11th, I forget what day of the week WSJ comes out).

Courtesy of MangaHelpers:
Is this confirmed? I mean i dont see it on Anime news network. And this is the type of news that would be on Anime news network.
Old 2009-02-13, 17:29   Link #1431
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Animenewsnetwork doesn't read WSJ as soon as the RAW gets released
News that is published in a magazine like that is read quicker by those who read it weekly and usually hits news sites later on

BTW scan is official and it does say 15th of March =D hooray!
Old 2009-02-13, 17:42   Link #1432
Cinocard

I'm glad for the return of D.gray man. But thinking that it's still one month more to go pains me

Need to reread the last 10 chapters...
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-13, 20:31   Link #1433
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
I'm glad for the return of D.gray man. But thinking that it's still one month more to go pains me

Need to reread the last 10 chapters...
Better one month than two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
BTW scan is official and it does say 15th of March =D hooray!
Isn't it saying issue 15, not March 15th? The kanji after the 9 is for the day, so it would be March 9th.

Last edited by GDB; 2009-02-14 at 00:38.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 03:40   Link #1434
andrewsch5658
*Author

Yeepie. Finally, D gray Man manga is coming back. Can't wait till then.
Old 2009-02-14, 05:39   Link #1435
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Isn't it saying issue 15, not March 15th? The kanji after the 9 is for the day, so it would be March 9th.
*face palm* Issue 15.. ISSUE 15!
Old 2009-02-14, 07:02   Link #1436
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Even though I don't know how to promounce kanji, the snapshot has "WJ Issue 15 (9th March)" written in it. Even those who know Chinese can get it.
Old 2009-02-14, 20:35   Link #1437
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Well atleast im glad she is okei because this author did not only create D. Gray man the kick ass manga, but ones D. Gray man is done, who knows what awesome manga she might pull out of her head.
Old 2009-02-15, 03:34   Link #1438
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Well atleast im glad she is okei because this author did not only create D. Gray man the kick ass manga, but ones D. Gray man is done, who knows what awesome manga she might pull out of her head.
Agreed. Hope to see more of her future work instead of only D Gray Man(which is currently my top 1 must read list).

Issue 15(9/3/2009). Does that mean we got read D Gray Man in the 1st week of March or the 2nd week,because 9 of March is Monday so I'm a little confused? Anyway,still can't wait for it.
Old 2009-02-16, 12:12   Link #1439
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
Agreed. Hope to see more of her future work instead of only D Gray Man(which is currently my top 1 must read list).
Hoshino-sensei explained at the end of the first tankoubon for the manga, that shortly before she started D.Gray-man she was already writing another story.

The title of that other work of hers is Bookman, which has the character of Lavi as the protagonist, of course.
Bookman, supposedly, follows Lavi and the bookmens' exploits searching for the secret history of the world, according to what Hoshino-sensei replied in an interview for Jump.

When Hoshino-sensei began the creation for D.Gray-man manga, she liked very much the characters for both Bookman and Lavi that decided to move and placed them inside the D.Gray-man storyline.

Moreover, before those mangas Hoshino-sensei wrote her first work which was titled as Zone.
This is a one-shot manga which serves as both the template and the basis for the creation of D.Gray-man. In fact, Hoshino-sensei explained as well that many of the characters (including the Earl and Allen) in D.Gray-man first appeared in Zone.

Zone unofficially establishes and introduces for the first time the D.Gray-man universe with the Akuma & their creation, the Earl, and the characters of the Order.
A curious aspect of Zone is that the main protagonist is a teenaged-girl.

Hoshino-sensei further went to explain that for D.Gray-man she took that main female lead and put her inside the storyline but changed many of her traits and characteristics to make her look more boyish, which at the end resulted with the conception and birth of Allen Walker's character.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-16, 14:48   Link #1440
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That sounds very intriguing, I hope that she will managa to balance out and connect the three stories with each other, kind of like cardcaptor sakura,xxxHOLIC and Tsubasa chronicles are connected.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural