AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2007-11-14, 20:53   Link #301
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

I cried during that movie more than I did than when scar died (he was my fav char) but it was very good and I think a great end to a great anime.

and concidering that I nearly threw my T.V. remote out my window when the series ended and ed was alive in the other world and my head started to hurt trying to figure it out.
High_Lord_Demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 17:36   Link #302
Animecentred

I liked the movie when i watched it, but afterwards i felt a little cheated, i think they could have made the film into another series they could have improved on the new characters and made the final battle longer
Old 2007-11-24, 03:43   Link #303
Sogoro
Desu

I just watched the movie. I just about shed tears. I hope they make a second movie about getting that Uranium bomb or something. x.x I dont like the fact that their not back in their world
Sogoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 11:44   Link #304
arkxkra
全力全開

I just finish watch also. Not say the movie not nice and not the ending not nice, it just i dont like the ending, yes in the end with his bro, it good, but didnt go back to their own world. Winry left behind

i was sad is because of winry, she wait so hard for the reunion with Ad but awhile then separate again, although she already know Ad won't let her wait anymore, but she already wait quite long time. I know everything wont have perfect, but still ...

Another thing, I like the growth winry

But overall the movie is good!

Last edited by arkxkra; 2007-12-06 at 02:58.
arkxkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 20:54   Link #305
Aden Sickle
The Adept Alchemist

Send a message via MSN to Aden Sickle
The movie ended perfectly....for another FMA series! What the h*** are those idots thinking? Poor Winry, I bet it was like losing her parents all over again, Ed and Al where basicaly family to her.
Spoiler for FMA OVA:

If that OVA is meant to be a kind of epilouge, then I guess we can kiss any hope of them going home, good bye.
Aden Sickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 11:13   Link #306
katara1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
Actually...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
katara1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-08, 12:11   Link #307
katara1337

Seriously, how can Ed and Al stand leaving their own world? Think of everyone, for crying outloud. What about the military, what about Winry, what about their childhood, what about ALCHEMY!?
Old 2008-01-09, 02:59   Link #308
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katara1337 View Post
Seriously, how can Ed and Al stand leaving their own world? Think of everyone, for crying outloud. What about the military, what about Winry, what about their childhood, what about ALCHEMY!?
Well, to be honest, it was all about the two brothers. When you think about it, everything else comes second if it means that they can be together again.
Old 2008-01-09, 07:50   Link #309
katara1337

maybe, but its just so damn sad that they left their world...and winry...and all the other guys...and that their old man died...and wrath...
sure fine, the ending was good, but its really not a happy ending.
Old 2008-01-09, 10:58   Link #310
katara1337

The movie was really good, to be honest, but it's just so sad that this is the end of Full Metal Alchemist. I hate the fact that they left everyone from the series and remained in our world. It's so damn sad that they left Winry, it's so incredibly empty. I really can't see Winry moving on. She waited for Edward to come back for a damn long time, then she end up completely alone instead. They gave up on alchemy, they gave up on all their friends, they gave up everything. Yeah, they got eachother, but the story wasn't about them alone, every character played their role and made FMA as it is. It's so damn sad that Wrath had to die, although he was reunited with his mother, and same goes for their old man, their story, their existence just got erased. And there is nothing but a shallow memory of them left, atleast for Wrath, who will ever remember that little fellow? The only persons that seemed to acknowledge him in the movie were Ed and Al....and maybe winry too, and they would remain in an alternate universe (except winry). And when I come to think of it, no one will really remember Hoenheim either, since Edward really didn't care too much for him, and he sort of was the only viable witness:/.

And yeah, I think every character from the FMA should be given more screentime, and the additional new ones should also receive some too.

I just feel very sad after watching the FMA movie. I don't know why, maybe it's because the series ended
I also just found out about Hughes death....it was so sad to see him go....same with Greed, best damn Homonculi there was:/ I felt the Anime died a bit when those two passed

But I think its the only way that the FMA plot actually could develop, people eventually need to pass away.....and I think that was a "coup de grace" of the movie when everyone died sacrifcing themselves, as well throughout as the series...the FMA characters pretty much made the whole anime. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept with alchemy and all, and the adorable brotherlove intentions as well, but it's really heartbreaking to see all those wonderfull characters fall one by one So they really impaled that coffin for good, and even though I'm very late watching the series and the movie, I kinda just felt it was going to end there, as a really sad closure...

And yeah, of course a anime need some minor characters and some major ones, both villains and heroes, some will perish, some won't. But I totally fell for FMA as a whole, with all the characters. Not only the two brothers, who finally got what they wanted. I just found that part very sad, the separation from all the wonderfull people back in their world, and all those terrible deaths. This was a very sad closure/end for me.

Finally, I think the FMA series is too good, I would just get sad if it involved an "end" in the first place. I really fell in love with the anime, and I've found myself very messed up now that it's over.

Thanks for reading, hope I didn't make you as sad as my current emotional state But the movie rocked, cant argue with that

Last edited by katara1337; 2008-01-13 at 13:24.
Old 2008-01-18, 19:24   Link #311
X10A_Freedom

That was a good movie, and yes it's a very bittersweet ending. I feel very sorry for Winry indeed...

Now, I have to wait until this summer until I get to read free manga (my sister collects it) again.
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 05:52   Link #312
CitizenGeek
State Alchemist

Send a message via MSN to CitizenGeek
I watched the movie a while ago and I absolutely loved it. It was a fitting end to a great series, IMO. Plus, there could be another sequel or two on the way!
CitizenGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 13:42   Link #313
BritishBearBoy
♥Osaka's Admirer♥

I have bought this Movie but am yet to watch it. But from what I have seen it looks really good. I bought the two boxsets (Eps 1-51), So I thought it would be fitting to buy the movie too. ^_^
Also it looks good with my collection. XD
BritishBearBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 22:24   Link #314
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenGeek View Post
I watched the movie a while ago and I absolutely loved it. It was a fitting end to a great series, IMO. Plus, there could be another sequel or two on the way!
I never heard about that. Where did you get this information, if I may ask?
Old 2008-02-23, 17:44   Link #315
Amray

Absolutely Amazing. Although I did like the ending I disagreed with it.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 12:08   Link #316
Kikio
It Exploded..

god..i hated the conquer of shambala movie..too much World War II..
Kikio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 08:43   Link #317
Metal_Ed

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Ed
lol! I've already seen him for about .. erh.. 8 times ! and still I love it!!
Metal_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 18:44   Link #318
Amray

I watched it again last night, it's so awesome!
Although, some Jewish people may find that Movie a tad offensive. But it was set just after the war so it fits in with the story.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 09:56   Link #319
Metal_Ed

Send a message via MSN to Metal_Ed
that's so true!
Metal_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 02:24   Link #320
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikio View Post
god..i hated the conquer of shambala movie..too much World War II..
There was no WWII whatsoever, actually. They were in the 1930's. It might have been on the horizon, but not for another 5-10 years, by my reckoning. It was just after WWI, and had some influence from the obvious happenings in Germany around the time of their depression. I found it fascinating, personally.

And don't just flame the movie. At least give some reason(s).