AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-27, 09:59   Link #5641
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
That is what I am saying, I remember that part. Still, he has that part of wanting to be normal which at times is really ridicules. Godou, aside from Campiones and those who done him wrong, he doesn't want conflict with normal people. Aside from killing her, the Nobles has other means to deal with Yuri, there is her family which they can target.

I think vol 14 is the volume that Godou will finally acknowledges himself that the only part that is human is his appearance and his train of thought and finally realize he is something much more extraordinary than a normal being.
I don't think he will stray in the part of his thinking that he is a peaceful and normal human even if other denied his thoughts.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 10:47   Link #5642
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I don't think he will stray in the part of his thinking that he is a peaceful and normal human even if other denied his thoughts.
I would really really (sarcastic) like to see he maintain that thinking of being a normal peaceful human when Nobles are destroying Yuir's family or life. A normal and peaceful human can't do anything in that situation, a normal human wouldn't be allowed to even touch a Noble compound itself. A normal and peaceful human can't tell what Nobles can or can not do.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 11:10   Link #5643
nfsac

When did this problem with Yuri being GOdou's wife started? VOlume 13?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 12:42   Link #5644
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
When did this problem with Yuri being GOdou's wife started? VOlume 13?
Yeah at the end of vol 13, which is center around Yuri as well. Yuri is catching up quickly to Erica, all that is left is for Yuri to embrace him while being naked like Erica did in vol 11.
Old 2012-12-27, 12:51   Link #5645
chrono25

I havent read or heard about vol 13 or 14 does anyone have any other info on them ? I know part of vol 12 but not much !
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 13:05   Link #5646
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrono25 View Post
I havent read or heard about vol 13 or 14 does anyone have any other info on them ? I know part of vol 12 but not much !
You could read darthfanta's volume 13 summaries at around the 220-240 page range (can't be bothered to find exactly where the posts are), but I'd take him with a grain of salt though...

But let me suggest a better idea, just wait for the translations, they already update very fast already.
Old 2012-12-27, 13:13   Link #5647
erdii

actually Godou should just make his own organisation like Alec. taking over an organisation that lasted for a long time will restrict his movements. there would be traditions people would want to keep and Godou will feel he has to respect these traditions.

And when did a girl of the harem become the wife ? Erica and Ena was saying these. did Yuri also join them stating herself as Godou's wife ?
Old 2012-12-27, 14:00   Link #5648
chrono25

they made the vow to stay beside him so in that spirit they are his wives! not to mention they prepare food for him they have taken care of him all of these are things a wife would do plus in his way he shows he cares for them.
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 20:19   Link #5649
GundamFan

Quote:
They can't do anything to Godou, but they can do something about Yuri. Godou already stated he will do something about the Nobles. I don't doubt him, but considering that even when the toughest of times in battles and before fights he always remarks about the laws of Japan or normal laws one may think otherwise. Godou have no qualms about fighting and killing Gods and Divine Beasts, but in this case we have humans. I don't know how much of an influences of Japanese Nobles have on the country, but there is a considerable amount. I hope Godou puts the Nobles in their place, but I fear his ties to wanting to being normal will make him timid to take action.
That's the thing though about Godou though he likes to think of himself as being normal and peaceful but it's really the furtherest thing from the truth. Also let's not forget Hikari Mariya trying out that job at the shrine was unreasonable request that Kuhoustsuka clan as one of 4 noble families would never consider doing but they had no choice because there Campione Godou asked them too. You're right that the 4 noble house holds do seem to have quite a bit of political power however they also have far to much fear and respect for the Campiones to oppose Godou in any sort of signifcant manner.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 23:19   Link #5650
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
That's the thing though about Godou though he likes to think of himself as being normal and peaceful but it's really the furtherest thing from the truth. Also let's not forget Hikari Mariya trying out that job at the shrine was unreasonable request that Kuhoustsuka clan as one of 4 noble families would never consider doing but they had no choice because there Campione Godou asked them too. You're right that the 4 noble house holds do seem to have quite a bit of political power however they also have far to much fear and respect for the Campiones to oppose Godou in any sort of signifcant manner.
They might fear Godou and other Campione however they don't their organization in Godou's term his harem. Furthermore Godou woudn't act unless provoke. Do you think Godou will sit idly by as they harass Yuri?. Just look at Vol 11. Godou even went to confront the organization that held Erica captive.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 23:40   Link #5651
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
They might fear Godou and other Campione however they don't their organization in Godou's term his harem. Furthermore Godou woudn't act unless provoke. Do you think Godou will sit idly by as they harass Yuri?. Just look at Vol 11. Godou even went to confront the organization that held Erica captive.
Actaully I would expect Godou to respond differently based off what the situation is see we don't even what's going on it could be anything from rumors that Yuris is sleeping way to the top, a move to remove her as Hime-Miko or taking her life. I do believe Godou will take apprioate action to stop it if it's more then gossip.
Old 2012-12-27, 23:50   Link #5652
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Actaully I would expect Godou to respond differently based off what the situation is see we don't even what's going on it could be anything from rumors that Yuris is sleeping way to the top, a move to remove her as Hime-Miko or taking her life. I do believe Godou will take apprioate action to stop it if it's more then gossip.
In what way is appropriate, even if Godou tell them to stop with the harassment do you truly think Nobles will not go behind his back and do away with Yuri anyway. Remember in vol 11, Erica said even herself could be assassinated if it meant to gain favor for Godou and there are ways they would clean up her death to be an accident. The stereotype or depiction of Nobles in many anime, manga, and light novels make it appear that Nobles seems like they can do whatever they like. I wouldn't be surprise if they try to financially bankrupt the Mariya household, some sort of intimidation attacks, or even poisoning Yuri. They will make it look like an accident.
Old 2012-12-28, 03:23   Link #5653
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

if they pull a move like that .. and he finds out .. hell will rise .. xD ( more like a boar WILL RISE .. :P xD )
also i don't think kaoru will let them do it so easily =/ since she likes cute girls and all ..
i don't think she will allow herself to get into godou's bad side by letting the other family's do something like that ..
just think about it .. if godou's finds out she knew about an attack to one of the girls and let it happen she will not escape the punishment and she will lose everything she has been planning (scheming)with Ericka

Last edited by Phoenix221186; 2012-12-28 at 04:22.
Phoenix221186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 09:40   Link #5654
zeroknight03

Godou calling himself normal and a pacifist is a facade that he repeatedly makes excuses for when everything is peaceful. The moment something serious happens, he throws it away without a second thought and only tries to rationalize it later.

Asuka noticed that he changes his mind way too easily as if his "convictions" about being a pacifist/normal doesn't mean anything. Erica called him out on him making exceptions about fighting and a real pacifist won't make exceptions. Him lying that he was mind controlled after getting hit by Lancelot's berserk curse and apologizing when they see through his lie is another indication. Even the author himself in the afterword says to not trust Godou's thoughts about himself.

So I don't see how Godou being a "pacifist" can hinder him taking action for Yuri. He'll summon the Boar and rampage around the moment he finds out his harem is in danger. He crossed the ocean and did it for Erica, he'll do it for Yuri without hesitation. He'll just make excuses afterwards (which the girls somehow play along with because it makes Godou happy).
zeroknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 12:33   Link #5655
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Pacifist my ass! Godou is definitely no pacifist. He's someone who'll immediately resist if provoked. The true pacifist is someone like Ghandhi.

All Campione have terrible attitude. The two that try to deny their personality like Alec and Godou always lost in arguing about their personal traits. Alec is a troublemaker who causes the problem himself (although I'd like him not to do anything, then when the crisis comes, just say it the others that this shit happens because they don't want him to take action), while Godou always act like it's none of his business (ignore to study about the occult, unlike Alec) until the problem starts, then comes to help.

While I think that both have bad attitude, I think that it'd suck so hard if they have to live the life following the basic principle that people only need you when you're needed (then casted aside).

Thus, in my opinion, I believe that the organizations that try to control campione for their own gain (whether it's public interest or not) are horrible too. Because, fuck public interest and world peace, the campione is needed when people are in troubles from gods anyway!

Sadly, this LN's protagonist is Godou, someone who'll lose to his girls' request anyway. I don't think Godou is someone who's good at manipulating others, it's just that he's a natural charmer, and I don't particularly like that. I want him to be of an ass like Alec, or at least being cruel enough to play mind game against those surrounded him and put them into their place.

Seriously, the situation that Godou has to face is like a country being invaded asking for help from another country, then making many demand and condition like not bombing the enemy bases in their land despite the fact that it'll make victory more difficult to obtain.

While in Alec's case, it's like planning to destroy the terrorist at once since he knows about the terrorist best, but the plan can also fail, but if left, the terrorist will do something terrible in the future.

They simply ask too much.

And I can hardly call millennium old artifacts to truly belong to someone. The Holy Grail should belong to the Celts, not Brits.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 12:39   Link #5656
florza
一日之计在于晨

Pacifism just means you are opposed to using violence to settle a dispute, doesn't mean you're a wimp who doesn't retaliate when people are trying to beat you up.
florza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 12:43   Link #5657
Mars Mode

You do know I like that part of him, that sees himself as human. He has that relationship of friendship with others, something like you scratch my back I scratch yours. I think when he becomes strong enough he will abandon his facade, but he will still be more laidback, unless he wins some kind of personal goal. Other than fighting Gods or Campiones, otherwise I like him.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 17:58   Link #5658
GundamFan

Quote:
In what way is appropriate, even if Godou tell them to stop with the harassment do you truly think Nobles will not go behind his back and do away with Yuri anyway. Remember in vol 11, Erica said even herself could be assassinated if it meant to gain favor for Godou and there are ways they would clean up her death to be an accident. The stereotype or depiction of Nobles in many anime, manga, and light novels make it appear that Nobles seems like they can do whatever they like. I wouldn't be surprise if they try to financially bankrupt the Mariya household, some sort of intimidation attacks, or even poisoning Yuri. They will make it look like an accident.
I think they probably would because there terrified of Godou, he'd be aware they were up to something and as a Campione he really doesn't have to account himself to anyone so he doesn't need proof to act against them so it doesn't really matter how good they cover up there involvement at this point.
Old 2012-12-28, 18:22   Link #5659
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I think they probably would because there terrified of Godou, he'd be aware they were up to something and as a Campione he really doesn't have to account himself to anyone so he doesn't need proof to act against them so it doesn't really matter how good they cover up there involvement at this point.
Well for now its all speculation. Godou been increasingly moving away from the pacifism facade and being normal, he even accept his daily troubles of his harem as a simple daily activity.

The thing is we'll have to see what happens when the volume comes out. Like the endings of vol 3 and 6, both leads to another volume story line. The ending of vol 13 seems like its pointing out that vol 14 is about Godou dealing with Japanese Nobles from what it looked like. If Godou could say stop to the Nobles and they follow through, there isn't much to vol 14 is there? Unless a God or a Divine weapon or a Divine beast is mix in, there has to be something in the story line to provide entertainment.
Old 2012-12-28, 20:48   Link #5660
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Pacifist my ass! Godou is definitely no pacifist. He's someone who'll immediately resist if provoked. The true pacifist is someone like Ghandhi.

All Campione have terrible attitude. The two that try to deny their personality like Alec and Godou always lost in arguing about their personal traits. Alec is a troublemaker who causes the problem himself (although I'd like him not to do anything, then when the crisis comes, just say it the others that this shit happens because they don't want him to take action), while Godou always act like it's none of his business (ignore to study about the occult, unlike Alec) until the problem starts, then comes to help.

While I think that both have bad attitude, I think that it'd suck so hard if they have to live the life following the basic principle that people only need you when you're needed (then casted aside).

Thus, in my opinion, I believe that the organizations that try to control campione for their own gain (whether it's public interest or not) are horrible too. Because, fuck public interest and world peace, the campione is needed when people are in troubles from gods anyway!

Sadly, this LN's protagonist is Godou, someone who'll lose to his girls' request anyway. I don't think Godou is someone who's good at manipulating others, it's just that he's a natural charmer, and I don't particularly like that. I want him to be of an ass like Alec, or at least being cruel enough to play mind game against those surrounded him and put them into their place.

Seriously, the situation that Godou has to face is like a country being invaded asking for help from another country, then making many demand and condition like not bombing the enemy bases in their land despite the fact that it'll make victory more difficult to obtain.

While in Alec's case, it's like planning to destroy the terrorist at once since he knows about the terrorist best, but the plan can also fail, but if left, the terrorist will do something terrible in the future.

They simply ask too much.

And I can hardly call millennium old artifacts to truly belong to someone. The Holy Grail should belong to the Celts, not Brits.
In Godou's defense, if he decide to go get a PHD on deity history, the girls will lose their hold over him (No need for Instructions anymore). . I am surprised the harem don't go around burning all the history books Godou might get his hands on for that purpose.

As for magic instruction, it is already shown Godou + Amateur magic = danger....so.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem