Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-01-28, 23:34   Link #1181
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Doesn't hurt that both the Virgo mobile doll lines and the GN-X series lines are both based on technology used by that series' Gundams.
Hm, well that would settle which grunt would be the best.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 00:45   Link #1182
monster

Quote:
Doesn't hurt that both the Virgo mobile doll lines and the GN-X series lines are both based on technology used by that series' Gundams.
Doesn't that apply to other mass productions suits? The line between what is a gundam and what isn't is not not always all that clear. And many technologies first introduced in a gundam could be found in other mass produced mobile suits (other than newtype and zero system technologies, probably). Gundam is more a promotional gimmick than anything else for me.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 00:51   Link #1183
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Doesn't that apply to other mass productions suits? The line between what is a gundam and what isn't is not not always all that clear. And many technologies first introduced in a gundam could be found in other mass produced mobile suits (other than newtype and zero system technologies, probably). Gundam is more a promotional gimmick than anything else for me.
Not really...

Zakus, Doms, Goufs, Leos, Aries, and Tragos aren't buit from Gundams.

But it does apply to Gelgoogs and GMs.
Old 2010-01-29, 00:54   Link #1184
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I can't say for U.C., which I'm certain you're talking about here, but we should keep in mind that in Wing and 00, there are several marked differences between regular mobile suits and Gundams, especially in 00.

Mainly, for Wing, the Virgo was designed after the Mercurius and Vayeate mobile suits, which are created directly by the same minds who created the Gundams, and utilize the same technologies and materials--including Gundanium alloy, which made the Gundams in Wing so insanely strong in the first place. Structurally speaking, they're on par with the first set of Gundams and almost on par with the second set. Add to their better reaction times than humans... before that, mobile suits used weaker armor and didn't have the same kind of weapon technology (hell, even the beam melee weaponry was different; the Deathscythe could use its beam scythe underwater whereas a Leo cannot perform the same feat using a beam saber).

And for 00, its the same technology being used by the Gundams. The machines are directly stated to be on par with the Gundams, and are piloted by people who are just as skilled as the Gundam Meisters, if not more so.
Old 2010-01-29, 01:28   Link #1185
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Not really...

Zakus, Doms, Goufs, Leos, Aries, and Tragos aren't buit from Gundams.

But it does apply to Gelgoogs and GMs.
Quote:
I can't say for U.C., which I'm certain you're talking about here, but we should keep in mind that in Wing and 00, there are several marked differences between regular mobile suits and Gundams, especially in 00.

Mainly, for Wing, the Virgo was designed after the Mercurius and Vayeate mobile suits, which are created directly by the same minds who created the Gundams, and utilize the same technologies and materials--including Gundanium alloy, which made the Gundams in Wing so insanely strong in the first place. Structurally speaking, they're on par with the first set of Gundams and almost on par with the second set. Add to their better reaction times than humans... before that, mobile suits used weaker armor and didn't have the same kind of weapon technology (hell, even the beam melee weaponry was different; the Deathscythe could use its beam scythe underwater whereas a Leo cannot perform the same feat using a beam saber).

And for 00, its the same technology being used by the Gundams. The machines are directly stated to be on par with the Gundams, and are piloted by people who are just as skilled as the Gundam Meisters, if not more so.
I should probably clarify that I meant mass produced mobile suits that were built after the introduction of the gundams. Of course Zaku wouldn't be built with gundam technology. But beam technology, for example, is often (but not always) introduced with gundams, and later used in mass produced mobile suits.

Anyways, my point is that Virgo and GN-X are not the only ones built with gundam technologies. Wing and 00 are just more obvious because they put more emphasis on their gundam's defining technology.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 16:44   Link #1186
GundamFan

Quote:
I should probably clarify that I meant mass produced mobile suits that were built after the introduction of the gundams. Of course Zaku wouldn't be built with gundam technology. But beam technology, for example, is often (but not always) introduced with gundams, and later used in mass produced mobile suits.

Anyways, my point is that Virgo and GN-X are not the only ones built with gundam technologies. Wing and 00 are just more obvious because they put more emphasis on their gundam's defining technology.
Actualy it's pretty obvious in Seed too look at the links I have below the first is of the Aile Windam a mass production suit, the second is the Aile Strike Gundam.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gat-04-aqme-x01.jpg

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gat-x105-aqme-x01.jpg
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 02:49   Link #1187
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

What was the farthest Space Colony from Earth in the UC series?

I assume, that the Jupiter Empire would fall under this?
Old 2010-01-31, 04:44   Link #1188
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:

In U.C. 0079 it was Side 3, I think.
Old 2010-01-31, 15:22   Link #1189
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

Quote:

Yeah its probably the Jupiter Empire...

If the mass-produced f-91's entered the federation service, why aren't there any in victory =/
Kirbyeggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 17:08   Link #1190
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post
If the mass-produced f-91's entered the federation service, why aren't there any in victory =/
F91 is standard unit in the Earth Federation portrayed in the Crossbone Gundam manga. It is interesting, indeed, that 30 years later they're not used anymore.
Old 2010-01-31, 17:48   Link #1191
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
In U.C. 0079 it was Side 3, I think.
Oh yeah.........
Old 2010-02-01, 06:39   Link #1192
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
F91 is standard unit in the Earth Federation portrayed in the Crossbone Gundam manga. It is interesting, indeed, that 30 years later they're not used anymore.
Weren't they limited to a few aces only?
Old 2010-02-01, 08:23   Link #1193
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Weren't they limited to a few aces only?
You're right, I think. According to MAHQ: "Although initially developed as a prototype unit, the F91's performance during the Crossbone Vanguard conflict would later result in this Gundam being put into limited mass production. Some of these mass-produced F91s would be used by the Earth Federation Forces' in a war against the Jupiter Empire in UC 0133."
Old 2010-02-01, 13:05   Link #1194
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Didn't the F91 Gundam prove itself to be superior to one of the Crossbone Gundams?
Old 2010-02-01, 18:31   Link #1195
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Didn't the F91 Gundam prove itself to be superior to one of the Crossbone Gundams?
IIRC only when at long range. When the Crossbone get into melee, it was raped
Old 2010-02-02, 09:47   Link #1196
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
That F91 unit fought the F97 Crossbone Gundam. The F91's VSBR was very useful against the F97, it even managed to pierce two layers of beam shields, but it was blocked by the Crossbone's beam zanber in the end.

However, if you consider that

Spoiler for Crossbone spoiler:

you can say that the F91 is on a par with the F97.
Old 2010-02-05, 21:59   Link #1197
X207
Gamyūsa

does anyone know the story gehind the green frame astray. so far all i found was the pilot went up against the blue frame and lost but was that before the upgraded green frame?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:03   Link #1198
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Now is it me, or is the original Mobile Suit Gundam series the last one to only have one title Gundam?
Old 2010-02-05, 22:18   Link #1199
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Now is it me, or is the original Mobile Suit Gundam series the last one to only have one title Gundam?
Turn A Gundam.
Old 2010-02-05, 22:20   Link #1200
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Turn A Gundam.
For longest time I always though the Turn X was a Gundam too.

I guess you can say 0080 as well.