Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-15, 00:47   Link #761
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I doubt we'll get much beyond her name and her connection with Marianne. And that can be covered in one episode.
I strongly disagree. It'd be absolutely asinine for them NOT to delve into the history of the Geass/C.C.. I think we'll get C.C.'s real name, her connection to Marianne, the origins of the Geass, and C.C.'s role in that history.

It would be poor, poor storytelling to leave that kind of stuff out.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 00:55   Link #762
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't think it would take very long to do all that really and to go into her entire history might take too long.

Of course, her name apparently is so important that to reveal it would cause the staff to half to rewrite all the character relationships. I can't see why that would be really.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 01:15   Link #763
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
I don't think it would take very long to do all that really and to go into her entire history might take too long.

Of course, her name apparently is so important that to reveal it would cause the staff to half to rewrite all the character relationships. I can't see why that would be really.
Well, you're also of the opinion that C.C.'s story doesn't have much of an impact on the main Code Geass storyline.

I'm of the opinion that it's very much intertwined and as a result, revealing one aspect of C.C. will drastically alter any given character's perspective/role/opinion/etc. For example, if it's explained that C.C. had any sort of relationship with Charles, it will dramatically affect Lelouch. Or if a tidbit is revealed about C.C.'s past, it could, say, give Lelouch a huge advantage over Charles.
Old 2008-06-15, 01:17   Link #764
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't think her personal history matters much at all really. The Geass and Marianne have some impact, but that's about it.

I just don't see why a name alone would do that much. It would certainly tell us something, but I can't think of why it would have such an impact.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-15, 01:20   Link #765
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
I don't think her personal history matters much at all really. The Geass and Marianne have some impact, but that's about it.

I just don't see why a name alone would do that much. It would certainly tell us something, but I can't think of why it would have such an impact.
You don't think that if C.C.'s personal history entailed her having a heavy hand in the creation of the Britannian Empire, it would matter? I think it's silly to discredit something we know nothing about.

And the name thing... honestly, I kind of think they're simply building hype for the big reveal of her name. Unless it really is that jaw-droppingly awesome. I fear it being a let down, myself.
Old 2008-06-15, 01:24   Link #766
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

If it did, then perhaps. No signs that it did though.

I would hope it is hype since I can't imagine why a name would cause such things to happen even if it was C.C.'s name. Lelouch didn't seem that troubled by it. I wonder if we'll ever hear him say her name again.

Old 2008-06-15, 01:43   Link #767
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
If it did, then perhaps. No signs that it did though.

I would hope it is hype since I can't imagine why a name would cause such things to happen even if it was C.C.'s name. Lelouch didn't seem that troubled by it. I wonder if we'll ever hear him say her name again.
I was just giving one of the like, infinite examples that can be given that could lend importance on C.C.'s personal history.

And you mean not hear him say her name again, right?
Old 2008-06-15, 01:50   Link #768
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I know, I was just saying that I haven't seen much to suggest that. Since C.C. was supposed to be a normal human being originally, I wouldn't really be surprised if she was just a normal girl. Of course, she may have been involved with that Cult so I suppose she may not have been that normal. Seeing her before she was detached and practically emotionless would be interesting to see though.

Right, I should have said that I wonder if we'll ever have him say her name and not have them mute it.

Old 2008-06-15, 02:01   Link #769
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
I know, I was just saying that I haven't seen much to suggest that. Since C.C. was supposed to be a normal human being originally, I wouldn't really be surprised if she was just a normal girl. Of course, she may have been involved with that Cult so I suppose she may not have been that normal. Seeing her before she was detached and practically emotionless would be interesting to see though.

Right, I should have said that I wonder if we'll ever have him say her name and not have them mute it.
You've been throwing around this "emotionless" thing all over the place and I can't say I've seen you give any real credibility towards it.

And I was just teasin', dude. Hence the smiley face with the tongue sticking out.
Old 2008-06-15, 02:05   Link #770
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

She practically is though. It's the primary part of her character and the part that seems to dominate her. I think she has forgotten and I don't see much reason for her to regain that.

Well, you were right since we never actually heard him say her name. The only instance I can imagine though were for him to say it if she was dying.

Old 2008-06-15, 03:23   Link #771
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
She practically is though. It's the primary part of her character and the part that seems to dominate her. I think she has forgotten and I don't see much reason for her to regain that.

Well, you were right since we never actually heard him say her name. The only instance I can imagine though were for him to say it if she was dying.
I dunno, Dann. I mean, I kind of see what you're saying that it doesn't seem like she's got your standard "human emotion kit" (which when I bought mine, came with a coupon for a free Coke!), but I don't know if I'd label her "emotionless". If anything, I can't help but laugh at how many people here challenge you on that, though. It seems like every time you mention it, there's someone there to ask you where you come up with that. That could be some indicator that perhaps you should rethink things? Either way, you always stick to your guns and I can't help but admire that.

I think there are numerous reasons for Lelouch to say it to her. One of them is because she's dying and another could be that she regains her mortality back and he calls her by her name as a symbolic gesture towards her newly regained humanity. Personally, I like the latter more than the former.
Old 2008-06-15, 03:30   Link #772
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't see any reason to think she has emotions or that they'll actually mean anything in the end of things.

I like the latter, but that seems very unlikely.

Old 2008-06-15, 03:44   Link #773
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
I don't see any reason to think she has emotions or that they'll actually mean anything in the end of things.

I like the latter, but that seems very unlikely.
Too much negativity for me to comment.

I'm sorry, what? How is that "very unlikely"? Dude, if you're getting like, insider tips from someone, you really should say. You constantly say things are "unlikely" and you talk in definitives, but it makes no sense! Just 'cause you think it, doesn't make it true. If that was the case, I would totally think you into being a chair or something awesome. If you were standing beside me, I'd think you into a Slurpee. A pina colada Slurpee. A summer drink worth thinking someone into, I say.
Old 2008-06-15, 03:46   Link #774
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It simply doesn't seem very likely at all. It's simply too nice a thing to happen for C.C. after everything else that has happened with her. I mean really, do you honestly believe the that could possibly happen?

Old 2008-06-15, 04:36   Link #775
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
It simply doesn't seem very likely at all. It's simply too nice a thing to happen for C.C. after everything else that has happened with her. I mean really, do you honestly believe the that could possibly happen?
Absolutely! Didn't you ever see Pinocchio as a child? I mean, there's a great parallel between Pinocchio and C.C.! Pinocchio was a wooden toy who just wanted to be a real boy while C.C. is an immortal shell who just wants to be a real girl again...or, at the least, end her misery.

I've seen other people (and by that, I mean lots of people) label you "emo" and, seriously, I think it's your "emo" personality that causes your aversion to "happy" endings.

I look forward to when other people, besides us, come into this thread and read through this little side conversation we've been having all night. I think there will be some interesting replies.

Hell, Dann, can't you see an ending where Lelouch sacrifices himself to defeat Britannia and, in turn, somehow gives C.C. back her mortality and right before he dies, he calls her by her real name and then dies in her arms?

You're so closed minded all the time and, dude, seriously, you frakking OOZE negativity. How in the hell do you live day to day without wanting to like, throw yourself in front of a bus?! I seriously think this conversation has gone as far as it can. You're just such a downer, man.
Old 2008-06-15, 04:42   Link #776
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, like that is going to happen. I love happy endings to be honest, but they never happen because there always has to be some tragedy with things. And the show is doing such a good job of making me depressed and such since they have reduced C.C. so much and made it clear she won't be the LI which was something I cared about.

Her living and him dying? No, don't see it as possible. And he would die in Kallen's arms not C.C.'s.

I've thought about it, but that's too messy of a death and chances are I could live. For me it would have to be very quick and practically foolproof. A gun is the only option and my family is too worried to allow me anywhere near one at this point. Makes it hard when it's constantly on you mind and you can barely think of a reason to bother getting up in the morning.

Old 2008-06-15, 11:33   Link #777
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
I dunno, Dann. I mean, I kind of see what you're saying that it doesn't seem like she's got your standard "human emotion kit" (which when I bought mine, came with a coupon for a free Coke!), but I don't know if I'd label her "emotionless". If anything, I can't help but laugh at how many people here challenge you on that, though. It seems like every time you mention it, there's someone there to ask you where you come up with that. That could be some indicator that perhaps you should rethink things? Either way, you always stick to your guns and I can't help but admire that.

I think there are numerous reasons for Lelouch to say it to her. One of them is because she's dying and another could be that she regains her mortality back and he calls her by her name as a symbolic gesture towards her newly regained humanity. Personally, I like the latter more than the former.
oooooooh I like the way you think! I mean she did say the name was the only reminder of her past (mortal past perhaps) so her going back to being mortal and using her real name seems logical to me
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 12:00   Link #778
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Why the hell would she want to be mortal? She has nothing to live for and nothing keeping her in this world except that contract along with the fact that there were hints she intended to die and join Mao and others.

Old 2008-06-15, 12:07   Link #779
Asleep

Quote:
Why the hell would she want to be mortal? She has nothing to live for and nothing keeping her in this world except that contract along with the fact that there were hints she intended to die and join Mao and others.
Because unlike you, I haven't given up on a C.C.xLelouch ending!
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-15, 12:09   Link #780
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
to be with lelouch of course (CC X lelouch)