AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-04, 10:36   Link #261
Kyuu
=^^=

Well, here's a drama CD:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17384939

Just to get a sampling on the character voices.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 15:18   Link #262
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I will definately watch this eventually. I still need to finish Saki but happy for the Crunchyroll annoucement of this.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 19:21   Link #263
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Yay for Crunchyroll getting this! It's what I kind of expected since they have Saki. Also its interesting it's world wide, at least for premium members anyway.
Old 2012-04-06, 20:09   Link #264
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

When is this one coming out?
Old 2012-04-06, 20:14   Link #265
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Sunday I believe.
Old 2012-04-06, 20:43   Link #266
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Crunchy will simulcast it 30 minutes after the first airing this Sunday. It'll be out at 09:35 PST. (First airing is from TV Tokyo at 24:05 JST)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 12:27   Link #267
Midonin
Last Engage

This is definitely in the same universe, and the show does a good job upholding the same aesthetics from the first series (apparently Nodoka's always been stacked). I still find it weird how the further away we get from the mainline series, the more sameish the hair colors become. Shizu's team doesn't have nearly the rainbow variety that Saki and friends had, but it's still pretty easy to tell them apart. They look like a fun group, and there's still two of them we've yet to meet.

Bit of a fast-paced episode, though. A lot of plot to set up in a relatively short amount of time. Things should slow down next week.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 12:32   Link #268
Dr. Casey

Nodoka's in this series also? Awesome. She was one of my favorite characters from the original aside from Saki herself, in a series already flooded with a colorful and interesting cast. I guess this sidestory is more tightly linked to the main series than I was expecting.

Going to watch in a little while, I loved Saki so this is one of the Spring shows I'm anticipating the most.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:00   Link #269
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

IMO, they managed to bring back that great nostalgic feeling from the first Saki series. Shizuno seems quite likable as a character also by her loud ways. The only downside is that we probably have little chance to see the character the series is named after.

Here is to hoping Nodoka will not be just a side character in this one, and to the appearance of the godly Saki herself.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:28   Link #270
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I really hope they start adding new material to the original manga starting next episode. Specially to the mahjong matches. The manga so far just blazes through everything.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 13:40   Link #271
Echoes

Pleasant first episode. Nodoka looks super-cute in her younger form, and as Midonin mentioned, they do a great job of matching the look of the first series, which I for one adore.

The new cast is looking pretty good. Not quite first-season level, but they might just need some time to grow on me. I didn't know Hanazawa Kana was going to be in this either, that's a pleasant surprise if I ever heard one.

I liked how they made Nodoka seem like this aloof, semi-divine figure they had to aspire to challenge. Looked pretty epic, and it is a nice concept for a spin-off series. No doubt I'll be following this one, and likely having a blast with it.
Old 2012-04-08, 13:41   Link #272
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
nice episode. Little Nadoka already had big breast when she was in elementary school. I'm guessing that this series will focus not on Nodoka though but Nodoka will their goal. Nice to see Tacos and Nadoka together again I was wishing for new material continuing from season 1 but I guess a side story of Nadoka's elementary friends would be alright too.
Old 2012-04-08, 14:02   Link #273
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Just watched the first episode and it was simply wonderful! I mean when at the end when Shizuno, Ako, and Kuro decided that they wanted to be together again, and hopefully one day be able to play with Nodoka again.

I extremely loved Saki, so I have the feeling that this show will be some thing wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I liked how they made Nodoka seem like this aloof, semi-divine figure they had to aspire to challenge. Looked pretty epic, and it is a nice concept for a spin-off series. No doubt I'll be following this one, and likely having a blast with it.
Heh, I like that part.
Old 2012-04-08, 14:09   Link #274
King-Slayer

Ahhhh very nice episode. It didn't take away anything from the manga and I really liked the voices of the characters. Seeing this reminded me of the feelings i had for the orginal Saki anime ( i want a season 2) and i can't wait for the next episode.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 15:39   Link #275
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I really like Shizuno a lot. She reminds me a lot of what I liked about Haruka. This definitely looks like it'll be as much of a blast as the original Saki would be.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 16:03   Link #276
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay. Sold.

Absolutely excellent - a faithful adaptation of the manga and I also enjoyed the VA'ing. Also, I really liked the fact that the BGM had many of the same pieces used in the Saki anime. Helped to re-create a definite sameness of feel imo.

This is also totally going on my "absolutely watching" list!

Looks like they may cover material all the way up through the current manga chapters too ... interesting.

Edit: Oh yes - I think Yuuki Aoi makes a perfect addition to the "Saki world"!

Last edited by Flower; 2012-04-08 at 16:27.
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 16:25   Link #277
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

And so, my most anticipated anime series for the past three years has finally aired, and Episode 1 Saki Achiga Hen definitely did not disappoint... ;D

Spoiler:
Good to have Saki Sundays back, I've missed them for three long years... ;_; (Even if it is a side series XD)

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~
Tu101uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 16:53   Link #278
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I'm kinda interested in watching this show, do I need to watch the previous series to enjoy this?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 17:01   Link #279
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I'm kinda interested in watching this show, do I need to watch the previous series to enjoy this?
Nah, not at all. It helps if you know basic mahjong and some references to the original is nice but completely not needed.

This anime's probably the best show I'm watching this season so far. Episode 1's flawless. 10/10.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 17:53   Link #280
Peanutbutter

I cried at the ED (season OP). Teru is this series' Koromo eh?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri