AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-09-10, 15:27   Link #5321
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I think that Diana is an impostor.
Old 2011-09-10, 16:14   Link #5322
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Wow! I love Ayumi even more now. That she'd set aside her own interest in order to support that of her friend's when they have a common object of affection just makes her the best character this series had seen so far for me. Reading the conversation with Mercury within the context of the development, it undoubtedly points to Ayumi as the one in whom Mercury dwells.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 16:25   Link #5323
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Ah a nice early chapter.~

Hrrrrn, Wakaki's doing a pretty good job at keeping Mercury's host a secret, but what seems even more interesting is the fact that whoever her host is, she's fully aware of Mercury's presence.

Oh and it's a good thing that jar Fiore is in is Ryou-proofed.

So it's time to gather the current goddesses eh? Hopefully it's time to save Kanon and Apollo.~
Old 2011-09-10, 16:27   Link #5324
Solafighter
Hige

I didnt expect that to turn out.

I wonder, where Ayumi's spirit went. Looks like she prefers a good realitionship with Chihiro over an relationship with Keima.
Old 2011-09-10, 17:12   Link #5325
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ah a nice early chapter.~

Hrrrrn, Wakaki's doing a pretty good job at keeping Mercury's host a secret, but what seems even more interesting is the fact that whoever her host is, she's fully aware of Mercury's presence.

Oh and it's a good thing that jar Fiore is in is Ryou-proofed.

So it's time to gather the current goddesses eh? Hopefully it's time to save Kanon and Apollo.~
I don't think it's so much a secret anymore.

Said to Mercury, "You always sound so detached!! When I'm so upset!!"

The response is full of revelations. Between the two, Ayumi knows more about the situation than does Chihiro, and would be the one to have a stronger reason for being upset about the development in which her own close friend confessed her feelings to the very same guy she feels affectionate towards, her knowledge of which is unbeknownst to her friend, and being the one who has that dilemma carries the burden of making some tough choices to either pursue her own self-interest or surrender it in support of her friend's with respect to dealing with Keima.

With how the conversation reveals that the character had already been relating with Mercury, I'm also more inclined to attributing that familiar relationship with the candidate who has been conquered earlier as such a familiarity presupposes some sufficient time to develop it. And Ayumi is of course the very first conquest.
Old 2011-09-10, 19:15   Link #5326
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The scan is pretty early...I thought Negima was going to be released first before ch 157 of this series appeared on RHS >_>;

Anyway, who do you think have Mercury? I've heard that people think that it's Chihiro, but Mercury quote made me think that it's actually Ayumi who has the goddess.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:22   Link #5327
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I am personally hoping for Ayumi, but that is solely b/c I personally like her character more than Chihiro.

I honestly don't know anymore who has Mercury ... I would not be surprised if it was neither of them....
Old 2011-09-10, 19:25   Link #5328
Shadow5YA

Either way this works out, one of them has natural feelings for Keima without influence from the past capture.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 19:52   Link #5329
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Either way this works out, one of them has natural feelings for Keima without influence from the past capture.
The feelings of those who have the goddesses would be no less real. They've remained indeed because they remember the capture events. What has happened in the case of the girl who doesn't have the goddess would simply have been the development of feelings independent of the original capture event.

Though it seems to me that things point to Ayumi as having Mercury, it has been my own hope that Ayumi would be the one to come to like Keima independent of her original capture event. I wouldn't mind at all if Chihiro had Mercury. That would make Ayumi all the more admirable that she is giving him to her friend despite herself being interested in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I am personally hoping for Ayumi, but that is solely b/c I personally like her character more than Chihiro.

I honestly don't know anymore who has Mercury ... I would not be surprised if it was neither of them....
I suppose it's possible that the Mercury conversation was a diversion having nothing to do with these developments, a scene inserted that breaks the flow and occurring with a different girl altogether. But that would then force the idea that Keima had made a calculative error in identifying the candidates as he did. Developing this arc would have been a red herring?
Old 2011-09-10, 20:02   Link #5330
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Not necessarily! I have ever faith in the ability of the mangaka to pull something completely unexpected out of his hat and tie it in brilliantly with what has been presented thus far.
Old 2011-09-10, 20:21   Link #5331
Somnus
Eh?

I'm loving the setup for the last goddess. I think this is brilliant, and I can't remember the last time I've truly felt that I couldn't wait for the next chapter.

That being said, sad Ayumi makes me sad. What a heroine, indeed.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 21:05   Link #5332
Miraluka
Banned

Giving up for her friend sake is the best hint which proves Ayumi is the host.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 23:09   Link #5333
Divini
Senpai!

Based on that chapter, I believe there's a 97% chance it is Ayumi, and a 100% chance it is not Chihiro.

...that leaves a 3% chance of something unexpected.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 00:08   Link #5334
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
The feelings of those who have the goddesses would be no less real. They've remained indeed because they remember the capture events. What has happened in the case of the girl who doesn't have the goddess would simply have been the development of feelings independent of the original capture event.
Developing feelings independent of the original capture event has a lot of merit to me, because it means the girl developed feelings for Keima when he wasn't aggressively pursuing her. If the girl has a Weiss or goddess, then Keima has no choice but to be nice to her.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 01:12   Link #5335
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

The actual conversation hints Ayumi, while the background hints Chihiro. The only conclusion I can draw is that Wakaki is keeping up his good ol' trolling.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 01:38   Link #5336
Xenosnake
Badass

Could be both. Ayumi and Chihiro do the fusion dance and turn into the Goddess.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 02:19   Link #5337
Westlo
Lets be reality

As a fan of either of these girls wouldn't it be better for you/them if they didn't have a goddess? Wouldn't being the girl who naturally falls in love with Keima be of more significance than being 1 of 6 goddess hosts?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 03:32   Link #5338
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
The actual conversation hints Ayumi, while the background hints Chihiro.
More than that. Look at the first panel on page 12. Ayumi is look at the sea too. It's interesting to wonder how this scene would be animated. It'd be impossible to hide who the goddess is if both the host and the goddess are voiced by the same person. But the manga would have revealed the answer long before that, so it would be more like the Yui/Mars reveal for the audience I suppose.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 03:37   Link #5339
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
The actual conversation hints Ayumi, while the background hints Chihiro. The only conclusion I can draw is that Wakaki is keeping up his good ol' trolling.
If you look at the landscape through the glass of the bus, you can see that there's a sight of the sea. So, background hints also Ayumi.

I copy and past what I wrote on Mangafox forum:

Quote:
Both Ayumi and Chihiro have a sight of the sea.
Both of them have a peculiar hint (the glass for Ayumi, the boat for Chihiro).

Anyway, I think that Ayumi's hint is stronger than Chihiro's one. Why?

My answer is that the idea that Chihiro has gone to the boat because that is the place where Keima kissed her could be wrong. What if that boat is simply the place where she goes when she is afraid for something and wants to be alone?

The fact that she is gone there isn't a strong evidence that she remembers, because she was gone there also in her arc, after she had quarrelled with Keima, when that place wasn't a special memory for her yet, so probably she simply could love that place.
P.S. I like both Ayumi and Chihiro, but I guess to be one of the few people who prefer Chihiro. She was so sweet when she admitted she lost her mind! xD
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 04:20   Link #5340
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
As a fan of either of these girls wouldn't it be better for you/them if they didn't have a goddess? Wouldn't being the girl who naturally falls in love with Keima be of more significance than being 1 of 6 goddess hosts?
That really depends on how much we really like Keima being w/any girl or think that he is deserving of their affection. Despite the softening of his heart to some degree, he still generally treats "real" girls badly in his normal persona in which the girl is not an object of conquest.

Keima is awesome in his own right, and I wouldn't diminish his admirable bravery facing some real challenges in trying to save each and every girl he's saved. But the girl that I would support being with him isn't just simply one who likes him that I also like, but also one whom he himself likes and works hard to secure her well-being and happiness. And Yokkyun doesn't qualify.

Vessel to Mercury or not, Ayumi had always been my favorite of the captured girls. Maybe it's because it was episode one of the anime that really got me into this series and she was the capture object then. But rather than analyzing why she's my favorite, I'd just rather enjoy the character and her awesome development as this very mature, self-sacrificing, lovable, cheerful, bright girl.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen