AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-02, 15:41   Link #4541
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
What about the time-looping idea? Is that valid, too? I just want to see Touma jumping around with razor wires.
Honestly? I don't think that's such a good idea. Leaving aside the question on just how the holder of the Imagine Breaker got stuck in a time loop, unless your Time Loop is on an extended period like two weeks, it could quickly become redundant, or people could expect what happens next (few Time Loop stories are actually anything new, and in fanfics, it's always just an excuse to force a powerup on the MC of whatever franchise used). While the idea of a cynical Touma is not exactly bad, the method used is...well, kinda forced.

Also, some people might feel it as..well, a Archer ripoff.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:47   Link #4542
omega253

Actually.... I read something on TV Tropes that I find interesting about the character, Thor. Here's the excerpt.

Quote:
Not So Different/Birds of a Feather: Take away the humility from misfortune along with the block on developing supernatural abilities and add the childishly extremist nature the magicians of Index verse tend to develop, he's basically Touma if he never had the Imagine Breaker.
Interesting, eh?

Thor is the one who comes into the time loops and gets excited about the possibilities. He can go challenge stronger people, win or die, over and over again. If he dies, then just wait for the next loop. He's even more ecstatic when Kamijou has been in them.

Kamijou promptly kicks the crap out of him and tells him one thing in response to Thor's rant about the possibilities of time loops.

'Been there, done that, got and sold the t-shirt. You're late to the party, sparky.'

Their interaction with other people would be like the young idealistic recruit cop (Thor) and the jaded experienced highly-decorated cop (Kamijou). Or just good-crazy cop (Thor) and just-crazy cop (Kamijou).

How's that for a time-looping companion?
Old 2013-09-02, 15:57   Link #4543
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
Actually.... I read something on TV Tropes that I find interesting about the character, Thor. Here's the excerpt.

Interesting, eh?

Thor is the one who comes into the time loops and gets excited about the possibilities. He can go challenge stronger people, win or die, over and over again. If he dies, then just wait for the next loop. He's even more ecstatic when Kamijou has been in them.

Kamijou promptly kicks the crap out of him and tells him one thing in response to Thor's rant about the possibilities of time loops.

'Been there, done that, got and sold the t-shirt. You're late to the party, sparky.'

Their interaction with other people would be like the young idealistic recruit cop (Thor) and the jaded experienced highly-decorated cop (Kamijou). Or just good-crazy cop (Thor) and just-crazy cop (Kamijou).

How's that for a time-looping companion?
please....please make this fan fiction i beg of you.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 17:25   Link #4544
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exthiel View Post
There's also the fact that if IB is still about negation, then shouldn't he delete himself? Like how Hyouka pointed out that if IB is an esper power she would have been instantly deleted(dat paradox)?
the method of negaaton is different. It breaks down the code and equations that make up or support a phenomenon. Touma would be an AIM form made differently from Kazakiri due to being something that exists outside the scope of calculations which exempts him from negation. This means that this version of Touma is an existence beyond human scope of understanding beit the system of science or magic

wait, let me retcon that last paragraph

How it works is that Touma is part of the negation system. He is an exception because the negation requires him to exist. So to speak, a computer virus' purpose is to disrupt or destroy computer systems. But the virus itself is a system as well, but why doesn't it destroy itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
I suggest you read about Objective Alice from Kamachi's novel A Simple Monitoring, or at least re-read about chraracters such as Aiwass or Fraulein Kreutune before proceeding further because, as it is, your concept is good, but only in accordance with AC, not the TAMNI universe as a whole.

And actually, IB is not that special, it may just be Earth's Reset Button, it's on which principle it works that is interesting.
Holy crap, I thought survey was a different LN altogether! I'll check it out.

True, but just calling it a reset button has this sense of finality which is why it overwhelms me when I try to think of an upgraded version. It would become like everything is meanngless before imaginebreaker.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-09-02 at 17:41.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 20:27   Link #4545
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Hey guys, I actually found something that is actually quite enjoyable to read for some reason. Well, enjoyable is not the correct term to use here; more like 'interesting' than enjoyable. But still, if anyone's interested, check this out; if for nothing else it's at least worth reading regardless of its choice of subject.

Kageryushin’s Infamous Sermon Upon Yanderekology

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 20:51   Link #4546
Exthiel
A Romaticist

Oh I remember this one. This is actually quite old but an an interesting read. Basically everything you need to know about yanderes and how to keep and happy. And most importantly, how to stay alive.

Last edited by Exthiel; 2013-09-02 at 21:03.
Exthiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 21:05   Link #4547
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I never knew of its existence until recently; and it was a decent read honestly.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-02, 21:09   Link #4548
omega253

..... Damn. I mean.... Just.... Damn. I never knew someone could analyze a Yandere that deep.

Y'know, I have a strange idea in my head involving a genderbent Tsuchimikado. What she thinks of Touma getting a harem is.... Just like Momo from TLRD.

She doesn't care how many Kami-yan gets as long as she gets some attention herself. And it would make more sense if she was actually bi.....

Augh, this is as strange as the female Fiamma of the Right idea I have.

Or I could just go with the whole time-looping idea of Touma and Thor being bros and screwing everybody's plans over. It's basically a bigger version of what they did in NT 5, anyway.

Or I just want to see Touma with Charles Atlas Superpower and Razor Wire working with Thor who has his Arc Fusion Blades.

Badass Image, isn't it?
Old 2013-09-02, 21:44   Link #4549
Exthiel
A Romaticist

Every time I picture a genbend Tsuchimikado, I always imagine someone like Oriana, only younger, a bit of a perv, always touching people especially Fukiyose, as well as having Mikasa grade abs.

On the other note, I personally ship ToumaxThor. Even if you ignore Thor's fangirlism towards Touma, the chemistry they have together was just too good compared to Misaka's, especially their climatic fight at the end of NT volume 6. If Thor was a girl, Misaka won't have anymore chance to be with Touma.
Old 2013-09-02, 21:57   Link #4550
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exthiel View Post
Every time I picture a genbend Tsuchimikado, I always imagine someone like Oriana, only younger, a bit of a perv, always touching people especially Fukiyose, as well as having Mikasa grade abs.

On the other note, I personally ship ToumaxThor. Even if you ignore Thor's fangirlism towards Touma, the chemistry they have together was just too good compared to Misaka's, especially their climatic fight at the end of NT volume 6. If Thor was a girl, Misaka won't have anymore chance to be with Touma.
.... Only a bit of a perv? This is Tsuchimikado we're talking about. He/she doesn't half-ass his/her perverse desires. I don't picture fem!Tsuchimikado as having abs. Maybe a toned body, but not Mikasa-grade abs. She still has the Hawaiian button-up, but it's tied up and showing massive cleavage.

I can see Touma and Thor being bros in all but blood. Also, fem!Thor would need a name change.... Freya? Oh man.... The one who has the most chemistry with Touma would be the goddess of fertility.

.... Now I really want to write this. Unfortunately, I already have To Ascend to look after. Maybe after that's finished I'll do something else.....

Quick note: To Ascend will cover over the expanse of the first 22 Light Novels in the To Aru series. Right now, I have finished my equivalent of Volume 1, completely skimped over Volume 2, and started Volume 3. But Volume 3 is the Sisters Arc and contains Accelerator so.... Well, the Arc would end fast with Accelerator going down in a punch to the abdomen and a pimp-style backhand to the face.
Old 2013-09-02, 22:57   Link #4551
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Kinda sad for the strongest esper in AC
Old 2013-09-02, 23:01   Link #4552
omega253

He went down after several punches in the canon fight. That's better than a lot of the magicians that Touma punched. And well, you have to remember that my version of Touma has more than enough strength to wreck buildings.

Accelerator should be lucky that he's not getting turned into red mist like that soldier in Man of Steel.

And I want to see Accelerator get backhanded pimp-style by Touma. Tell me that you don't want to see that. I dare you.
Old 2013-09-02, 23:07   Link #4553
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I wanted to see Touma take the plasma dama head-on, more so than pimpslapping accel
Old 2013-09-02, 23:15   Link #4554
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Okay, so, I got really bored for a bit and started performing a little hobby of mine. Said hobby is looking for random songs I find on Youtube that are fitting for my OC's. I made a lot of them when I was RPing in the Naruto Forums on FF.net; so I have been doing this for a while.

My findings led me to locating Kurou's theme....well, not so much theme as opposed to the song that fits him best. Here, check it out for yourself.

Now I just need one for Chouka and my two current OC's have their songs.

Don't know why I'm bringing this up, but I just felt the need to share.

Plus, I'm kinda getting the urge to do a spin-off story based on the aftermath of the ORDER arc. You know, just a chapter or two depicting what happens to these two and such.

Any thoughts on this or should I just leave them be?

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-02, 23:17   Link #4555
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You are becoming Kamachi like
Old 2013-09-02, 23:19   Link #4556
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I wanted to see Touma take the plasma dama head-on, more so than pimpslapping accel
Y'know what, I might as well give some spoilers on my version of what the Accelerator fight might go like.

Spoiler for To Ascend: Accelerator Fight:

How's that? Sufficient enough to satisfy your curiosity?
Old 2013-09-02, 23:21   Link #4557
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

LOL, yeah kinda.

It just doesn't sit well with me to have OC's, have them done with their arc. then just toss them aside until a much later date. All that time between when they first appeared and when they appear again just bugs me.

Leaves many to question what happened to them; Chouka being favored between the two of them though. People want to see her again, and I just don't want to have her and Kurou vanish off the face of the earth then, out of nowhere, Chouka shows up to help.

Yeah, that kinda thinking doesn't sit with me very well.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-09-02, 23:25   Link #4558
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Relax. No need to throw spoilers man chill.

Sound cool.
Old 2013-09-02, 23:27   Link #4559
omega253

Meh, I'm not pissed. And an awesome fight was what I was aiming for.
Old 2013-09-02, 23:34   Link #4560
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Telling someone to relax cam also apply to over excited people.

Remember that AIM Touma? What if Touma had to fight it... But IB is ineffective?

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction