AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-10-12, 00:38   Link #1
NighT-TrippeR

Best Voice Acting In A VideoGame

Whats, in your opinion, the best voice acting you've heard in a videogame?

Personally, I liked Tidus from FFX, and Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid (series).
NighT-TrippeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 01:04   Link #2
ramune

I think Xenosaga has the best voice acting overall.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 13:17   Link #3
Hi_There

dunno about best, but I think Ray Leota(sp?) was pretty good in Vice city.
Hi_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 14:38   Link #4
DekaMaster
Banned

XenoSaga and SO3. Most of the voice cast from XS is in SO3
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 15:26   Link #5
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I go with Metal Gear Solid, Although Kingdom Hearts has all those great disney VA's.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 21:58   Link #6
Entropy
Flame warrior

Orkses + Cockney accents= win.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 02:40   Link #7
TrueKnight

The best gotta be the Metal Gear series : Solid/Twin Snakes and Sons of Liberty. David Hayter's a badass while playing Snake.

Second is a tie between Xenosaga and Shadow Hearts : Covenant. Overall Xenosaga looked wonderful, especially Albedo in the Momo scene....God he's scary...and the other VA's really fit their chars, but he's matched by the badassness of Yuri Volte Hyuga's voice actings....which is imo, the best main char voice acting besides Solid Snake. You can actually laugh yourself hard and sadly cry while hearing Yuri....at least in my case.

Third is well....Kingdom Hearts, SO 3 and Final Fantasy X series. KH had tons of budget, SO 3 had Cliff, and Final Fantasy X had Auron and Wakka.

That's my 2 cents.....
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 06:16   Link #8
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

You guys are all wrong IMHO . The best voice acting in all of video gaming is found in Soul Reaver 2/Legacy of Kainefiance. Nearly everybody in that cast is simply superb. There is a series where the emphasis is almost entirely on the story-telling, and well do the actors tell their story.

I noticed someone mention Kingdom hearts? Aaaack! I was just playing some of that tonight and decided that voice acting might not be Haley Joel Osment's strong point. Actually, I could see somebody saying KH had good voice acting if it wasn't for him- most of the Disney voices are quite classic, but Osment.....well....not so much....
Old 2004-10-13, 15:14   Link #9
NighT-TrippeR

Ah yes, forgot to mention The Legacy of Kain series. Superb voice acting.

As for SO3, I was debating on whether or not I should mention it, as alot of the VA in it is crap in my opinion... Fayt does just -ok-, Cliff, although at first I thought he sounded a little too "superhero"-esque, had a VA that grew on me alot through the game and now I'm positive that Cliff is the strongest VA in the game. Roger and Albel weren't bad either.
NighT-TrippeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 19:46   Link #10
phatcat

don't know about the best...
but I do know the worst.

Farcry's main character >_<
[comicbookguy]worst acting EVER![/comicbookguy]
phatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:01   Link #11
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
XenoSaga and SO3. Most of the voice cast from XS is in SO3
But in Xenosaga the lipsynching is really bad (I'm assuming your talking about the English version). I don't dislike the voice acting, however.

I'm none too particular about voice acting generally, unless I've heard the original or it really IS bad, though I like to see good lipsynching.

I was watching Cinematech (I was bored) when they had a cutscene from The Bouncer on, and I decided that I really liked one of the characters' voices (if that wasn't the actor for the English version of Spike from bebop, it was someone who sounded alot like him). Funny, I hadn't realized I liked Spike's voice before (I just looked at some credits, and yes, it seems it was the same guy).
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:37   Link #12
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

the seiyuu Hokuto Minami (aka Hitomi) from various lead roles in ero-games.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 21:42   Link #13
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Bastilla in KOTOR is pretty good. Aeris and Viconia have good voices in BG2. Everybody in Planescape: Torment.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 23:54   Link #14
lordwu

So the Xenosaga english voice acting was actually good? Listened to some of the sample voices on Xenosaga's site and the only feeling I had was: WTH? Maybe I was very biased since I've already heard the voice acting in japanese, but I should probably open up my copy of US version of Xenosaga and try it out. :P
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 05:03   Link #15
Ending

Castlevania: The Symphony of the Night -the english voice-cast has been the best I have ever heard.

I would like to vote for one of my favorite games, Baldur's Gate 2, but due of the fact that there aren't too much of spoken dialog I have to skip. Out of several, equally good games, I only remember Thief 2 having a pretty good voice-actor for the protagonist (Garret).
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 09:04   Link #16
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Monkey island series
"Ahoy there im Guybrush Threepwood , a mighty pirate!"
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 15:18   Link #17
Remian

jeez, you guys video game range only consists of games from japan.....how typical...
The best voice acting comes from licensed games like Alias and Spiderman
Japanese games actually have the WORST voice acting of all games.
Remian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 19:18   Link #18
Entropy
Flame warrior

For the record,my choice is from a developer located in western Canada with the license holder in the UK,unless there's a Japanese game that has a race called "Orks" that have kick ass cockney accents somewhere .

Besides...this is an anime forum,wouldn't this be expected?I mean I play all kinds of games,I don't care if they're American,Canadian,Japanese,Korean or Antartican unless they're good.However if I'm going to a forum about stuff from Japan,and since Japan has game developers too,I would expect most of the picks to be from that country as well due to the focus.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 19:36   Link #19
Calca
Expressionless

Conker's Bad Fur Day was good IMO

Tales of Symphonia had good acting
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 01:17   Link #20
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy
For the record,my choice is from a developer located in western Canada with the license holder in the UK,unless there's a Japanese game that has a race called "Orks" that have kick ass cockney accents somewhere .

Besides...this is an anime forum,wouldn't this be expected?I mean I play all kinds of games,I don't care if they're American,Canadian,Japanese,Korean or Antartican unless they're good.However if I'm going to a forum about stuff from Japan,and since Japan has game developers too,I would expect most of the picks to be from that country as well due to the focus.
I suppose you're talking about Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War?
If so, then I have to agree that it's pretty good ^_^

But for best voice acting I have to go for Fallout (2). There's not a whole lot of voice acting in it, but the small bits that are in it are amazingly good.
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote