AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-30, 01:00   Link #821
larethian

Not having checked my twitter for months, I've missed some important news.
http://ameblo.jp/takayakagami/entry-11269259210.html
It seems like Kagami is going to write for a manga in Jump SQ.

What is especially strange is this:
Quote:
六月 堕ちた黒い勇者の伝説7
七月 紅月光の生徒会室5
九月 大伝説の勇者の伝説の新刊
It says in September, a "new release of Daiden". Ochiden is numbered, Itsuten Seitokai is numbered, but why is Daiden not numbered 12? Why is it not "大伝説の勇者の伝説 12" but instead "大伝説の勇者の伝説の新刊 (new release of Daiden)"? Kagami, are you seriously going to make the fifth series of Denyuuden world? Got to check 2ch's speculations when I got time.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 04:05   Link #822
sarofski

Don't tell me we have to wait another 11 vol to see the end?
sarofski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 04:02   Link #823
ShiroiRyu

Want to know.
If i understand, the LN is now finished at his second season but where this second season going ?
Ryner and Ferris are lovely lovely ? **
Old 2012-08-28, 18:47   Link #824
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Ok, I've made a research for this series, some friends will give me their takôbon, and I get the BDrips (or DVD?), so I have two questions:

1) Do I watch anime first?
2) Will we get a finish soon?

I didn't read DYD's Wikipedia. Some page sent me there, but another sent me to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Wiki (such nice explanations btw).

Edit:

Also, will there be 2nd season?

I've found this about 5min ago: 26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3nm67868G1qjerlko1_1280.jpg

Last edited by Syokool; 2012-08-28 at 19:02. Reason: 2nd season?
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 20:17   Link #825
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Ok, I've made a research for this series, some friends will give me their takôbon, and I get the BDrips (or DVD?), so I have two questions:

I didn't read DYD's Wikipedia. Some page sent me there, but another sent me to Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Wiki (such nice explanations btw).

Edit:

I've found this about 5min ago: 26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3nm67868G1qjerlko1_1280.jpg
1)In my Opinion yeah.
2)What do you mean ? Do you mean is the LN going to finish soon then I think no.
3)There is nothing so far on a second season of the Anime yet and from what I heard DVD/Blu Ray sales were not that good. There is a lot material for a season 2 though.
Old 2012-08-28, 21:48   Link #826
larethian

Quote:

Edit:

If you already reading the books, there's no need for you to watch the anime at all. In fact, after reading, you might rage at some episodes of the anime. Seriously speaking, the butchering by Zexcs is on a different level compared to other studios.

You should first read DYD followed by Dai DYD. If you have time to read the side stories then check out the DYD + Toriden reading order here:
http://www.kagamitakaya.com/dendenyomikatagaid.html

You can read Ochiden any time you want, though for volumes after 3 or 4, preferably as you read Dai DYD, because it fleshes out certain characters that are more heavily involved there.

If you manage to get hold of the supplementaries from the BD, they will be good reads after finishing Dai DYD (or as you read along Dai DYD) since it offers good background info on the history of some entities.

As to whether there will be a second season, one can only hope.

After reading the stories, I suggest to read Kagami's profile on his blog, and you will understand why he wrote such a story.

And let me repeat, since you already can read the raws (Haruhi bless you), do not read the Wiki no matter how tempted you are or you will be massively spoiled!

And welcome to the club. Hope you join TL ranks for this series LOL (It's a million times easier to TL than Mahouka)

After reading this series, check out Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi by the same author (which I've TLed to v5), the theme is basically the same (overcoming SHIT) but the execution and setting different. After v6 of Itsuten, you will get mindgasms of astronomical proportions with every volume.

Oh yeah, guys, side note, there will be no new Denyuuden series as speculated but Daiden v12 in September instead (T_T, ^_^)

Last edited by larethian; 2012-08-28 at 21:59.
Old 2012-08-29, 12:33   Link #827
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

I haven't read the books yet. One of my friends teased me with the prologue of Volume 1 (a bit shocking btw), but he said I should watch the anime first, or I will hate it

I'm just waiting for my downloads to finish, but if I can't read them in 2 days, I will start with anime.

I think there are more than one series regard to DYD (Dai Den, and the others you commented), so I will follow your advices
Old 2012-08-29, 23:00   Link #828
larethian

^ If you are as lazy as me and tend to skim through and gloss over parts that seemed to be covered by the anime, then don't watch the anime first. There are several significant alterations and stitch-ups in the anime.
DYD is 11 volumes of Prologue. In between, 11 volumes of Toriden covers side stories and background stories, and some of them are really good.
After DYD, it's Daiden, which starts the main story, and up till now it's at 11 volumes (12th volume this Sep). Ochiden (now 7 volumes) covers essentially the revolution arc after DYD v1, and has some important information about certain individuals. And of course, there's Sion's notes as the supplements with the BDs that talk about the history of the 'Powers' and how the world came to be. This puts the entire series at 40 volumes now (all cannon). On average, Kagami writes about 6 volumes' worth of stories in a year, if we include Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi as well (currently at 15 volumes, including side stories).
Old 2012-08-30, 01:47   Link #829
cormetoman

does anybody know whether lucile eris dies or not? thanks
cormetoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 07:39   Link #830
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Just to know, how many volumes the anime covers up?

I will read up to those before watch anime (I usually don't care about anime adaptations).

Also, 11 volumes of prologue??? Wtf, honestly

I read chapter 1 yesterday, and I like the MC (?) Ryner. Seems to be a lazy ass. Also, I think this novel deals with political and another themes also, right?
And Sion... I think he's a bit... gay?

Btw, I'd dropped Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi after watch its anime. It wasn't that amusing for me.
Old 2012-08-31, 08:43   Link #831
larethian

Quote:
Just to know, how many volumes the anime covers up?

I will read up to those before watch anime (I usually don't care about anime adaptations).

Also, 11 volumes of prologue??? Wtf, honestly

I read chapter 1 yesterday, and I like the MC (?) Ryner. Seems to be a lazy ass. Also, I think this novel deals with political and another themes also, right?
And Sion... I think he's a bit... gay?

Btw, I'd dropped Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi after watch its anime. It wasn't that amusing for me.
25 episodes covered 11 volumes.

For Itsuten, it's a right decision to drop the anime (but not the novel) because 10 out of 12 episodes were like original scripts? Only the first 2 episodes were faithful to the source and 2 episodes covered an entire volume. Every episode after episode 3 randomly gets some content and plot devices from volumes 2 to 5 (and conveniently omitting the 470-page volume 4) mixed in with a bunch of original content and stitch them up to make a poor excuse of a story. When you see Zexcs as the animation studio, don't judge the source (I'll curse Zexcs to the end of hell after ruining 3 of my favorite series, especially Itsuten). Moreover, Itsuten only gives you mind orgasms after volume 6, more so than Denyuuden, since it has really wicked twists each volume after 6. Though Denyuuden is still my favorite due to the scale of the world and characters. Oh, and did I mention that Itsuten has more shocking revelations? Oh, did I mention that Denyuuden has freaking awesome side characters and plot? Oh... errh... what else haven't I mentioned?

EDIT: btw, for Itsuten, take a look at its first PV which has no animation at all. Pay attention to all the text. 1:06 and 1:09 puts out some crazy terms that should give an idea that the story has pretty dark elements and encompasses some major scale and shit (which the anime hardly touched on). Here's the link to the first PV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LfI2sNKxjxk It's such a moving PV (to me) but Zexcs had to f**k it up even more than Denyuuden and Fortune Arterial. At least Denyuuden had a few good fight scenes.

Last edited by larethian; 2012-08-31 at 09:05.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:00   Link #832
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

The PV has some interesting words I remember from anime as: Error Spell, Breaker Spell, Magic, Demon Messenger, Curse, Outside of the Moon's God, etc.

I will give it a try... after read DYD and the next volume of MKnR.

Last edited by Syokool; 2012-08-31 at 18:11.
Old 2012-10-08, 09:17   Link #833
xiionsd

hello, sorry for the bad english im new in the forum, i want to ask if somebody knows what happen in the daiden vol 11 and wath happen to ryner and ferris in the last illustration when they seems to be holding each other while they sheed tears. Xp
xiionsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 00:00   Link #834
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

So, it's been awhile since I've visited here...life kind of carried me away for a bit.

Anyway, so, Kagami has plans to start a whole new arch of the series? Oh my! O.O Last I knew of the story was ライナ being
Spoiler for plot:
. I'm probably really behind! xD

But, there has been so much posted at BT! I plan on setting down one fine rainy day and going through it all. ^_^

わたしはにほんごをべんきょします。(<----formally)

So, maybe one of these days I'll join the ranks of you translators... I have a long way to go though. ;_;
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 06:56   Link #835
jakeslogan

Has anyone translated the part where Ryner lost his Alpha Stigma yet? I really want to read it but on B-T they only has the part after that event where Ryner used his SoAE.

Yay, cat fight. DDYD needs more of those.
Spoiler:

Last edited by jakeslogan; 2013-01-19 at 03:05.
jakeslogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 14:43   Link #836
lokoxDZz

Want to know,in the novels ferris and ryner has some kind of romance?

They stay together something like that?

Also from spoilers i saw that it ended but ryner could'nt stop the mad hero prophecy so the light still ongoing,and if its not much what happened that he failed to stop the prophecy

Thank you in advance and sorry if already asked in the topic
lokoxDZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 18:53   Link #837
endarion88

@larethian

i just seen raws for vol 13 but wasnt this supposed to end at vol 12? the main story i mean, i haven't read this thread in a long time so sorry for making confusion but so at vol 13 this as ended or is still ongoing?

Last edited by endarion88; 2013-03-03 at 21:13.
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 06:04   Link #838
Oppaidragon

So i watched the anime and now i want to continue with the light novel, but the thing is i dont know where to start reading or even.where to.read it. Can you help me out?

Oh and does ryner ever take ferris or kiefer as a gf?
Oppaidragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 18:28   Link #839
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppaidragon View Post
So i watched the anime and now i want to continue with the light novel, but the thing is i dont know where to start reading or even.where to.read it. Can you help me out?

Oh and does ryner ever take ferris or kiefer as a gf?
Ok, you can (assuming you want too) start reading the Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu light novel, which is what the anime is based on. Or can choose to start with the Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu light novel, which takes place right after the Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu light novel and the anime based on it ended.
As to where you can go to read it, you can go to Baka Tsuki to read what has been translated so far into english Here is link to the site Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu, enjoy.
Old 2013-03-18, 03:56   Link #840
Oppaidragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Ok, you can (assuming you want too) start reading the Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu light novel, which is what the anime is based on. Or can choose to start with the Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu light novel, which takes place right after the Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu light novel and the anime based on it ended.
As to where you can go to read it, you can go to Baka Tsuki to read what has been translated so far into english Here is link to the site Dai Densetsu no Yūsha no Densetsu, enjoy.
Thanks
Btw, is toriezu, the before dyd short stories parts important to understsnd the strory?
Oppaidragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen