AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-08-25, 07:32   Link #61
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Batman is a better detective than Superman. He's better at James Bond-esque stuff than Superman is. And Lex Luthor is like a Bond villain on loads and loads of steroids.

So if the script is well-written, I'm sure they can believably have Batman bring something of value to the table.
I'd be really amaze if they could do something like the one that you've said. haha. I'll be watching this for sure anyway as I do love movies and do watch almost 3 times or 4 a week.
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 07:53   Link #62
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Why batman? Should have been Ironman instead. I dunno, but there seems to be a great mismatch with the powers both have. Batman will turnout to be just his sidekick if this happens.
Marvel/Disney would really frown on something like that.

Though keep in mind. Superman is overpowered by ALL standards. This is a guy who measures up (if not surpasses) the Hulk in terms of durability and strength...who can also competitively race with the Flash for the title of worlds fastest man. Anybody who isn't as strong or as fast as him is going to realistically end up a sidekick or mission support (which WOULD fit Batman, given his intelligence), since any threats against Superman in a stand up fight are the kinds of things that would take even less powerful super beings in the blink of an eye.

Course there's always the time honored tradition of handing Superman (and enemies in his tier) the idiot ball to allow regular humans to do badass things against them. They certainly did it in the Man of Steel movie.

Quote:
"The humans are trying to ram a cargo plane into the portal that will send us all to the Phantom zone!
"
"I shall intercept it!"

"By flying into it's cockpit at mach 10, catastrophically tearing the front half of the plane apart, and sending it crashing to the ground?"

"Of course not. I shall board the aircraft and attend to it's crew one at a time, moving through the interior at a brisk pace. I won't speedblitz them inside the plane, in order to give them plenty of time to heroically try to slow me down, and to continue flying the plane into the portal.

"...sounds good to me!"
Of course Batman will be able to shine against enemies like this.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 09:06   Link #63
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Thus the Justice League film itself would only have to focus on introducing Wonderwoman, while having Superman and Batman as supporting roles.
And Flash, and Green Lantern, and whatever other two they pick (Hawkman/girl, Aquaman, Cyborg, etc). Justice League is 7 heroes. That's how it works. Can't cut corners and call it a league with only the trinity.

Quote:
Why batman? Should have been Ironman instead.
Discounting the obvious fact that Ironman is Marvel and Superman and Batman are both DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Course there's always the time honored tradition of handing Superman (and enemies in his tier) the idiot ball to allow regular humans to do badass things against them. They certainly did it in the Man of Steel movie.
Well, there's also always kryptonite.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 11:21   Link #64
SummeryDreams

I'm kind of ignorant between Marvel and DC xD. So it's impossible for this I and S. Anyway, I really do hope that this will work as this 2 characters post a really big gap in terms of powers. Well, I trust the American movie industry that they'll sort things out for this both. Sorry for my ignorance in this by the way.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:27   Link #65
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There are plenty of Batman/Superman stories out there. A few which they fight each other, but mostly it is them working together. Batman is usually the loner (he says despite having his own sidekicks) and Superman is the guy that usually doesn't need help, but is usually friendly. Superman is almost always toned down, usually by his own accord.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:29   Link #66
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There are plenty of Batman/Superman stories out there. A few which they fight each other, but mostly it is them working together. Batman is usually the loner (he says despite having his own sidekicks) and Superman is the guy that usually doesn't need help, but is usually friendly. Superman is almost always toned down, usually by his own accord.
ha? damn, what in the hell is wrong with my childhood days not knowing this one. I haven't heard them interacting with each other, just this time (except in justice league).
Old 2013-08-25, 11:55   Link #67
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Admittedly a lot of them from from the comics "World's Finest Comics" from the 1940s to the 1980s. As well as a at least one 1990s cartoon episode of the same name that crossed over Batman: the Animated Series and Superman: the Animated Series. I think the episode was a Superman episode, but Batman was very prominent in it. Though The 1990s cartoons and even into Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, they were all very heavily Batman centric as he was were that universe stated in terms of getting on television. The Timmverse I guess its called more or less started with the Batman movies by Tim Burton being very popular and a cartoon for Batman made to capitalize on that success. The animated Batman and the following series lasted for 14 years. So that Batman and other DC comics characters are very ingrained in a range of people who grew up in the 1990s and early 2000s.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:57   Link #68
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Admittedly a lot of them from from the comics "World's Finest Comics" from the 1940s to the 1980s. As well as a at least one 1990s cartoon episode of the same name that crossed over Batman: the Animated Series and Superman: the Animated Series. I think the episode was a Superman episode, but Batman was very prominent in it. Though The 1990s cartoons and even into Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, they were all very heavily Batman centric as he was were that universe stated in terms of getting on television. The Timmverse I guess its called more or less started with the Batman movies by Tim Burton being very popular and a cartoon for Batman made to capitalize on that success. The animated Batman and the following series lasted for 14 years. So that Batman and other DC comics characters are very ingrained in a range of people who grew up in the 1990s and early 2000s.
Oh pretty much this time, I'm not yet into watching tv stuffs or browsing the internet. No wonder I'm ignorant to this. And never became a really good fan of US based comics, neither any other comics, not even tv shows. I'm into movies and streaming videos. But this intrigues me for real, sort of really weird duo (for myself).
Old 2013-08-25, 11:59   Link #69
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And Flash, and Green Lantern, and whatever other two they pick (Hawkman/girl, Aquaman, Cyborg, etc). Justice League is 7 heroes. That's how it works. Can't cut corners and call it a league with only the trinity.
They don't have a choice. They can't make a film with the full list of heroes and introduce them later, it just wouldn't work. Better to have the Trinity set up shop, then start up a recruitment drive with future films. I don't see how JL would be better off having half a dozen members with most of them have no backstories yet.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:07   Link #70
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or do another set of cross over films using Superman to basically introduce us to the new heroes and then go for Justice League.

You have "Man of Steel" which give us a new Superman
Now we get "Man of Steel 2" which gives us a new Batman
You follow these with a "Man of Steel 3+" to introduces either a new Green Lantern, Flash, or Wonder Woman, before going Justice League where they pull in the likes of Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Cyborg, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, or whoever they get to fill the two remaining slots after Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash.

Though Wonder Woman might be the hardest one to introduce. She's really important, just difficult to pull off.

It would also be a different pattern than the path to the Avengers.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:14   Link #71
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The problem is that if I am not mistaken, the Justice League movie is coming out relatively soon. Soon enough that they can't squeeze in three more movies introducing heroes.

Is there really a problem to start up with only 3 primary JL members? I mean, I would watch it. Just the Trinity alone would be able to carry the film. Then we can get down to building a base and handing out flyers.

With the Avengers, they got together because of Nick Fury. But as far as I can tell the JL formed BECAUSE of the Trinity, isn't it?
Old 2013-08-25, 12:19   Link #72
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Oh pretty much this time, I'm not yet into watching tv stuffs or browsing the internet. No wonder I'm ignorant to this. And never became a really good fan of US based comics, neither any other comics, not even tv shows. I'm into movies and streaming videos. But this intrigues me for real, sort of really weird duo (for myself).
If you’re not a comic-book reader than try watching these animated movies: Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and The Dark Knight Returns. Check them out to get a glimpse of how those two interact and work together or against each other.

If you’re a comic-book reader try read the Superman/Batman series or Batman: Hush.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:19   Link #73
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I don't recall if there is a problem with starting with only three. The Avengers didn't start with everyone that is traditional either (Antman and Wasp I think were founders originally) so it is possible to just for for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and pick up the rest in a sequel or in additional other films.
Old 2013-08-25, 12:33   Link #74
GDB

Quote:
They don't have a choice. They can't make a film with the full list of heroes and introduce them later, it just wouldn't work. Better to have the Trinity set up shop, then start up a recruitment drive with future films. I don't see how JL would be better off having half a dozen members with most of them have no backstories yet.
But they do have a choice. They could do like Marvel and build up each character first, and then do the team-up movie. But no, they want the money now now now. They'd piss off a HUGE number of fans if they did a Justice League movie and only used the trinity instead of... the league.

You can say they were snake-bitten by Green Lantern, but you got to take risks. And one of those risks is not hiring big names just because they're big names when they have nothing in common with the character, and another of those risks is getting proper writers who don't shoe-horn in their own pet-project story lines that have no place in an origin movie.

Quote:
The problem is that if I am not mistaken, the Justice League movie is coming out relatively soon. Soon enough that they can't squeeze in three more movies introducing heroes.
But they chose that. They can easily push it back, but they don't want to. They just want in on that sweet, sweet team-up money.

Quote:
Is there really a problem to start up with only 3 primary JL members?
Other than it not really being a league?

Quote:
With the Avengers, they got together because of Nick Fury. But as far as I can tell the JL formed BECAUSE of the Trinity, isn't it?
It's not really any different. Introduce the characters in movies, then bring in a big threat that Superman cannot deal with alone and have them all fight together. You know, like how every iteration of Avengers and Justice League are basically formed.

Quote:
I don't recall if there is a problem with starting with only three. The Avengers didn't start with everyone that is traditional either (Antman and Wasp I think were founders originally) so it is possible to just for for Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and pick up the rest in a sequel or in additional other films.
But they still replaced it so that it's a team. Cap wasn't a founding member either. He didn't show up until issue #4. You still need more than 3 characters to be a true "team", otherwise it just feels like a standard team-up. This is even further pronounced when two of those three characters are almost identical in terms of power sets (Superman and Wonder Woman).
Old 2013-08-25, 13:40   Link #75
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, WB/DC just doesn't have the patience or success to do it the Marvel way.

In fact, this is my biggest worry about the DC movies going forward - You can just feel how desperate they are in trying to catch-up to Marvel. I'm a bit worried we might get a lot of half-baked rush-jobs for the DC superhero movies. MoS itself had some plot issues, imo.
Old 2013-08-25, 13:42   Link #76
SummeryDreams

Wait. JL is coming this 2014, and this man of steel 2 will be in 2015, DC explain. O_O
Old 2013-08-25, 14:55   Link #77
GDB

Justice League isn't 2014. It's 2017, most likely.
Old 2013-08-25, 18:25   Link #78
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I read that Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor.

Anybody here watch Breaking Bad? If so, do you think Cranston will make a good Luthor? At least he's bald enough for the role.
I friggin love Breaking Bad, best TV show I've ever seen (new episode in an hour and a half, score), and Bryan Cranston as Luthor is so damn cool man. He doesn't fit my traditional image of Luthor, but I think he could really create his own awesome take on the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But they do have a choice. They could do like Marvel and build up each character first, and then do the team-up movie. But no, they want the money now now now. They'd piss off a HUGE number of fans if they did a Justice League movie and only used the trinity instead of... the league.
DC seems so much more adept at cartoons than movies. The Justice League cartoons as well as Batman and Superman Animated Series are honestly some of the greatest animation of all time. They did kind of just pull a bunch of characters out of nowhere for Justice League (Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter all had no prior appearance until the series), but it's a lot easier to build these characters up subsequently when you have an ongoing series. With a movie, throwing in new characters and then trying to explore them afterwards is a lot harder...
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 22:58   Link #79
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I really hope this won't be like The Dark Knight Strikes Again where they turned Batman into an asshole, Superman into a mindless monster and Robin... Not even going to mention it. Let these characters keep their dignity.

Still, nothing can be as bad as All Stars Batman & Robin.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 21:24   Link #80
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”
This is from the press release.
http://screenrant.com/ben-affleck-ba...s-zack-snyder/

So this is confirmation that Batman would be Superman's senior, who would consider Superman an amateur with way more power than he knows what to do with.

For all we know, Superman might accept tips on Superhero-ing from Bats.