AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-07-12, 11:24   Link #61
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Hey guys. It's day 2 of EVO 2014. The BB tourney has just begun. Here's the link to the event. Still N-Otoko's Rachel is always sooo godly.

http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua
Old 2014-07-12, 11:32   Link #62
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Sorry, I stopped watching that joke of a tourny when the announcers started talking about "Fresh" and when they played Smash and edge guarded. lol
Old 2014-07-12, 13:21   Link #63
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/j...ll-be-present/

Tekken X Street Fighter? Although I'm hoping for Tekken 7 & Darkstalkers 4. A guy can dream.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/j...able-use-them/

Liking Maya's new look. Looks a little like Scarlett Johansson. Far from a negative though.
Old 2014-07-12, 13:30   Link #64
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oo I like her outfit!
Old 2014-07-12, 13:39   Link #65
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oo I like her outfit!
Same here. Way more than her original look. At least fans of her old look, will be able to get her classic costume.

Still waiting to see Cinder.
Old 2014-07-12, 13:52   Link #66
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Awww, no P4A this year. Last year's match was awesome except the unreal face stomp Yume handed out to everyone with his Aigis. Guess i'll look into Blazblue instead, never tried my hand in that game
Old 2014-07-12, 13:57   Link #67
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

They have a P4 side tourney going on. Pools were yesterday. And exhibitions are scheduled later on today.
Old 2014-07-12, 19:06   Link #68
Iron Maw
Banned

Anyone know where the streams will be archived? BBCP in particular since I missed most of the matches.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 23:23   Link #69
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Hey guys. A special Persona 4 Ultimax Exhibition Event is about to start. I'm too hype to sleep so to anyone who thinks sleep is for the weak, here's your entertainment.

http://www.twitch.tv/madcatz

I'm the messenger. Message delivered...I'm outtie!
Old 2014-07-13, 11:23   Link #70
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Okay guys following this EVO event. The final day is about to start and BB top 8 is the first in its line up. I can't wait to see N-Otoko and Dogura in action. Enough of me talking here's the link.

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

Here's the message. I'm just the messenger. Message delivered. Hope you guys will be watching...I'm out!
Old 2014-07-13, 12:41   Link #71
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Tekken 7 announcement leaked!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/j...real-engine-4/
Old 2014-07-13, 14:01   Link #72
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

That! Was an epic Blazblue Chronophantasma grandfinals. Congrats to both Galileo and Dogura for those fun and intense matches, and props to Galileo for taking the whole thing. It seemed that Dogura got it in the bag but that comeback by Galileo to reset the bracket was so hype I thought my heart was going to burst.

Great way to kick off the final day of the tourney. GGs to those who participated and once congrats to Galilieo for taking it all. You've made a lot of Litchi players proud. Wish N-Otoko and his Rachel took it, but he made top 8 so that's great for me.

On that note: KI (Killer Instinct) top 8 is about to start. With Maximillian and FilthiRich commentating. Hope you guys don't miss it.

Well message delivered. I'm just the messenger. Got a top 8 to grand finals set to watch. See you guys, I'am out!
Old 2014-07-13, 14:43   Link #73
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I just watch the BB final since I have nothing to do at the moment (usually I don't watch Evo), and man I'm glad I didn't miss it. It was pretty hyped all around since the beginning. I didn't know about Galileo, and don't even like Litchi, but his matches kept me sitting on my seat for hour.

Also, this.

Old 2014-07-13, 19:01   Link #74
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

BBCP has to go down as one of the best top 8 ever at EVO. Those matches were too hype and shoutouts to the great commentary. Dora become a crowd favorite, Galileo and Dogura really did put up a great show.
Old 2014-07-13, 22:58   Link #75
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Sorry, I stopped watching that joke of a tourny when the announcers started talking about "Fresh" and when they played Smash and edge guarded. lol
You must be making an even even bigger joke if you think it's possible to play Smash competitively without edgeguarding.

The object of the game is to make sure the opponent gets knocked off the stage. Why would you let your opponent back onto the stage? For the sake of your idea of fairness?

I do agree that the Smash finals were disappointing, but for other reasons, like Mango, a Fox player, winning again, and the same other faces picking the same top tier characters. Axe was a breath of fresh air with his Pikachu, but he ultimately still lost to Armada's Peach. The roster of viable characters in Melee tournaments is even more limited than Marvel vs Capcom 2.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 00:35   Link #76
Dr. Dahm
Banned

A French player just won Ultra Street Fighter IV after coming out of losers bracket using a low tier character in Rose playing on a modern console with a PS1 controller on Bastille day.
Dr. Dahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 07:13   Link #77
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
You must be making an even even bigger joke if you think it's possible to play Smash competitively without edgeguarding.

The object of the game is to make sure the opponent gets knocked off the stage. Why would you let your opponent back onto the stage? For the sake of your idea of fairness?

I do agree that the Smash finals were disappointing, but for other reasons, like Mango, a Fox player, winning again, and the same other faces picking the same top tier characters. Axe was a breath of fresh air with his Pikachu, but he ultimately still lost to Armada's Peach. The roster of viable characters in Melee tournaments is even more limited than Marvel vs Capcom 2.
You must be making a EVEN BIGGER joke if you think turning a party game into a controller throwing, tier setting, Tourny game.

Even the creators think so.
Old 2014-07-14, 09:49   Link #78
Rias

Garirero is pretty legendary for BB, as he won the BBCP tourney for the last ArcRevo. He's famous for his Tager and Litchi, and was the fastest player to reach 10-dan with Litchi. Currently the highest ranked Litchi player at 19-dan.

On the other hand, Dogura is the strongest Azrael player - both him and Garirero hail from the same region (and buddies with N-Ou as they were both Venom players). Dogura is well known as he started from Guilty Gears, and plays Street Fights IV also. Placed in the top 4 in the last ArcRevo, responsible for putting Azreal on the map as one of the top tiered characters.
Old 2014-07-14, 16:24   Link #79
Shadow5YA

Quote:
You must be making a EVEN BIGGER joke if you think turning a party game into a controller throwing, tier setting, Tourny game.

Even the creators think so.
Sakurai said that Smash is a party game before it's a fighting game, and I agree.

That doesn't mean he or the rest of Nintendo ridicules the competitive scene like you do. If they did, Sakurai wouldn't have added For Glory mode for WiiU netplay, and Nintendo wouldn't have officially sponsored for this year's Melee tournament at Evo.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting game, tournament