Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 02:45   Link #2241
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
But M4s are Shermans - there aren't any tank destroyers shown.
My apologies. M10 tank destroyers.

They were in fact, not present. I have misidentified them! Those were M4A6 tanks!

DOH!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 02:58   Link #2242
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Old 2012-12-05, 03:02   Link #2243
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

What do you guys think will happen in Ep 9?

I think the student council will now properly explain the situation of Oarai Academy Ship in the coming episode... Miho and the others will now feel the gravity of the situation they're in... will they blame the student council for withholding that vital information or will they steel their resolve to win? Forget about doing dogeza to surrender but defeat means the end of their school...

They are now in a dire situation having the M3 losing its main gun, an immobile Stug III, the Pz IV becoming like a Stug now for having a jammed turret, Char Bis having first-timers and 38(T) with Momo going like "Shoot now, aim later." Well, as they say... there's nothing more ferocious than a cornered wounded beast...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 03:36   Link #2244
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I wish they could make a PS3 game for this anime that was made by Sega and played just like Valkyria Chronicles in which each main school has their own storyline and worked their way up from mock up battles to the finals in the tournament.

Too bad that will never happen, even if a game is made, it's just going to be some crappy VN style with lame graphics and unpolished gameplay.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 03:44   Link #2245
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
They are now in a dire situation having the M3 losing its main gun, an immobile Stug III, the Pz IV becoming like a Stug now for having a jammed turret, Char Bis having first-timers and 38(T) with Momo going like "Shoot now, aim later." Well, as they say... there's nothing more ferocious than a cornered wounded beast...
From a previous post... Physics doesn't apply here.. so anything is possible...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 03:50   Link #2246
SatelliteCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
What do you guys think will happen in Ep 9?
Well, based on the...."manga"....

Spoiler for Episode 9 Spoilers!!!!1 Also somewhat image heavy.:

Even if the anime decides not to follow the above, I still expect an Ooari victory to involve (a) exploiting the sluggishness of the KV and (b) tanks being dropped into some terrain feature.
SatelliteCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 05:52   Link #2247
Pacify

Just caught up with the series, enjoyed it despite the fact I couldn't stop thinking exactly WTF am i watching lol... I don't even know where to start, there's so much in this show that's just completely wtflulz worthy. Perhaps the biggest was the aircraft carrier style ships with towns on them, complete with multi-story buildings, trees and everything. How do you grow a full size tree on a ship, i dont even.. Couldn't help laugh at the idea of giving tanks to high school girls, then let them have a mock battle in the middle of town after just a few days practise lol.

Ill keep watching it tho, it was entraining enough in its own strange way. Is there any subject which anime cant make a series involving it and cute girls?
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 06:31   Link #2248
EmagEvil

Hi guys, i like Girls und Panzer like everyones, so i show it to a no animes fans audience, and one said that after the first episode :

- So, is it a K-On with tanks instead?

EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 06:40   Link #2249
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I think she got her chance.... It now depends if she wants to ignore it... Blasting the chursh would bring them a "crashing" victory over the Ooarai, unless she has other plans....
That would basically cause Oorai to be the de facto winners, as it would probably disqualify Pravda for breaking the rule about directly causing harm to the enemy team.

Tanks are resistant to many things. Crushing isn't one of them.

That said, if I was in Oorai's position, I would probably send out the Type 89 on point after trying to get the Panzer IV's turret rotating again. The idea being that if Katyusha is so dead set on humiliating Oorai, she wouldn't be able to actually engage the Type 89, allowing the Panzer IV to take shots at their liesure.

Of course, this hinges on Katyusha's comrades actually abiding by her rules, though it might prompt infighting because of Katyusha's hotheadedness vs. the team wanting the easy win, giving Oorai an opening to seek and destroy the flag tank.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 06:48   Link #2250
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post

I seen a Tiger Tank stuck in the rumble of a fallen building though it wasn't destroyed either .. just stucked.. I guess the crew just went out and ran away..

Anyway, if crushing will disqualify me, then I'll just have to order my team to aim on the entrance of the church and blast them out of there since that is their only exit out... unless again they are bad in aiming and just hit the grounds again....
Old 2012-12-05, 07:00   Link #2251
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Is that 0 degrees Celsius or Farenheit? Because the difference is significant. Heh. Anyway, I realize it's not that cold, but given the snow and the general conditions, it's below freezing, and it's never wise to be out in that with so much exposed skin like the girls are. The reason I specified "if it's supposed to be a Russian winter" is because there have been recorded temperatures in some parts of Russia where having exposed skin at all for more than a second or two results in frostbite, and lying in the snow like the Pravda scouts were really would be suicide.
From what I've seen and heard from my friend in Japan, girls are wearing outfit like that on the days of snowing is the norm in Japan, and you should know the anime is taking place in Japan. The only things they are covering are their hand, their ears and their foots.

Beside, it's anime, so everything will be exaggerated up than ordinary.

Regarding the fight, it's obviously what Katyusha said this ep will be the door to Ooarai's victory.
Old 2012-12-05, 07:24   Link #2252
PzIVf3

This is only slight disappointed me. You can see the track-marks in the snow made by the retreating Soviet tanks. Surely is easily expose of there hidden ambush position leaving there traces in the snow. Now it disappear in just seconds.

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 07:42   Link #2253
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
I seen a Tiger Tank stuck in the rumble of a fallen building though it wasn't destroyed either .. just stucked.. I guess the crew just went out and ran away..

Anyway, if crushing will disqualify me, then I'll just have to order my team to aim on the entrance of the church and blast them out of there since that is their only exit out... unless again they are bad in aiming and just hit the grounds again....
But Oorai teams in the church are not Tiger, even they has light tank Panzer 38(t) and Type 89, they can't bear the fallling rumble from the church. Compare a 57 tons tank with 9~14 tons tanks is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
Hi guys, i like Girls und Panzer like everyones, so i show it to a no animes fans audience, and one said that after the first episode :

No, don't compare this with K-On, thank you.

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2012-12-05 at 07:59.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 07:47   Link #2254
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:

No it's a sport anime, where the sport is team battle with WW2 tanks
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 08:01   Link #2255
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Compare a 57 tons tank with 9~14 tons tanks is funny.
I just based my answer on the below post. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Old 2012-12-05, 08:26   Link #2256
PzIVf3

Quote:

Ah that must be Tiger II 105 commanded by Jergen Wessel stuck in the debris and abondoned. Yet it is the first Tiger Ii casualties in the battle of the bulge.

Heres the link and pictures.

http://www.ss501panzer.com/1_kompanie_tanks.htm
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 08:31   Link #2257
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Ah that must be Tiger II 105 commanded by Jergen Wessel stuck in the debris and abondoned. Yet it is the first Tiger Ii casualties in the battle of the bulge.
Yeah that's the one.. He and and his stuck Tiger are pretty famous... hehehe
Old 2012-12-05, 08:31   Link #2258
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatelliteCannon View Post
Well, based on the...."manga"....

Spoiler for Episode 9 Spoilers!!!!1 Also somewhat image heavy.:

Even if the anime decides not to follow the above, I still expect an Ooari victory to involve (a) exploiting the sluggishness of the KV and (b) tanks being dropped into some terrain feature.
Just so people don't mistake this for being Girls Und Panzer due to the post, it's not. This is Sailor-fuku to Juusensha, another tank manga by Nogami Takeshi. Nogami Takeshi has many titles relating to tanks and military subjects like his better known Moeyo! Sensha Gakkou. Nogami is currently involved in Girls Und Panzer as assistant character designer, and in fact his works, including Moeyo has made cameo appearances in the anime, like in episode 2 where Saki is shown reading the book.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 09:12   Link #2259
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

I really don't like Sailor-fuku to Juusensha, because the tanks drawing is worse than Girls und Panzer, and characters look bad for me.
Old 2012-12-05, 10:21   Link #2260
Marina2

Quote:

Tell them to watch until ep.3-4 The first 2 ep. are not clear enough about the focus of this show.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks