AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-29, 11:27   Link #5121
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
He already said it. Its his opinion and he's not asking you to agre with him.

Btw, if I can afirm something that is Touma won't trip on her, grope or any similar action the author never has ruined the mood of an event so far. That's just fans usual dellusion.
And the Delusion shall be destroyed by the Imagine Breaker!

The ecchi scene will not happen!
Old 2013-08-29, 11:47   Link #5122
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Seriously... What did Mikoto do wrong to deserve getting punched =.=
I can only say the regression from NT6 to NT7 combined with her antics. Let me just say that she needs to get the karma backlash soon. I think NT7 and NT8 made it clear that Misaki is the BEST ACADEMY CITY GIRL.
Old 2013-08-29, 11:59   Link #5123
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I can only say the regression from NT6 to NT7 combined with her antics. Let me just say that she needs to get the karma backlash soon. I think NT7 and NT8 made it clear that Misaki is the BEST ACADEMY CITY GIRL.
Hmm no she doesn't not to ruin the moment or what they're setting up, at least. I wouldn't say there was any regression (Especially in NT6.) and that's who Miko-chi is can get tired of it, yeah. Maybe less useful/important is a better way to put it.

Definitely right on Misaki.
Old 2013-08-29, 12:11   Link #5124
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Hmm no she doesn't not to ruin the moment or what they're setting up, at least. I wouldn't say there was any regression (Especially in NT6.) and that's who Miko-chi is can get tired of it, yeah. Maybe less useful/important is a better way to put it.
All, I am saying is a single Touma punch would make up for all of it. Either that or a forehead chop followed by a head pat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Definitely right on Misaki.
I just realized that we're so focused on Misaki that we're forgetting about the Iron Wall girl, the almost invisible girl, the meganeko angel girl, and the Kumokawa Sisters...
Old 2013-08-29, 12:11   Link #5125
Shinhwa
Banned

Misaki is probably the sexiest girl in Academy City =w=
Old 2013-08-29, 12:13   Link #5126
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Misaki is probably the sexiest girl in Academy City =w=
misaka worst or kumokawa seria?
Old 2013-08-29, 12:14   Link #5127
Flames

Quote:
All, I am saying is a single Touma punch would make up for all of it. Either that or a forehead chop followed by a head pat.

I just realized that we're so focused on Misaki that we're forgetting about the Iron Wall girl, the almost invisible girl, the meganeko angel girl, and the Kumokawa Sisters...

Well I like those characters as well. I been hoping they can get at least some more screen time but it seems like Kamachi has other ideas
Old 2013-08-29, 12:17   Link #5128
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Maybe her karma is being seen as a cool guy and not as a girl by Touma.

Quote:
That's because they have an unfair amount of screentime and Mikoto gets it instead only to do her usial antics :S
Old 2013-08-29, 12:58   Link #5129
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:

"This is what you get for all those near death experiences! *pawnch*"

Kumokawa Maria > Seria. Lack of bangs is a no-no for me.
Old 2013-08-29, 13:12   Link #5130
Gray Servant

Don't think a punch is likely. Remember, somehow this whole mess ends with the fireside dance.

Last edited by Gray Servant; 2013-08-29 at 13:44.
Old 2013-08-29, 13:15   Link #5131
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
misaka worst or kumokawa seria?
Both of them have a bad face.
Old 2013-08-29, 14:52   Link #5132
tsunade666

Spoiler for favorite scene from the newest chapter:

Nothing much happens in the newest chapter. The only thing worth remembering for me is Misaki's smile. But that attack of Mikoto is overkill. It could wipe out a lesser city into ashes. But oh, well. Its the windowless building. You need more than that to put a scratch to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
She's already like 24, 36 times stronger than before (a few dozen)... and she still can't destroy the calculate fortress... hmmm... doesn't that make her kind of weak? Though now that Mikoto has attacked the Windowless building and isn't getting punished by Aleister for doing so... I see good things coming ahead. I realize Gensei is the one at fault here though...

What I'm wondering is why Aleister doesn't exterminate Gensei immediately... I'm assuming that the only reason Aleister would be fine with Gensei's actions is because he is okay with seeing the effects of the imaginary number district on Mikoto for research? Since she's only 24 times stronger than before I wish she could just retain the same power when she goes back to her normal form but no...
That attack of Mikoto towards the windowless building might look strong and flashy but it doesn't equate on what Accelerator did to it in vol 13. The attack with the gravitational force of the earth's gravity. If you ask a mathematician which what happen before when I remember someone do the math. That attack has enough power to destroy the planet. Though we are speaking technically the energy converted and put into the building. If that energy is turn into a pure destructive energy like what Mr T. from mahouka then there won't be earth anymore.

So even in 2% only of partial awakening with reinforcement of imaginary sector is still far cry on what Accelerator can do.

Someone that can control gravity is much hax than what Mikoto do which is I don't understand why Accelerator didn't use it again. It looks to me Accel favors more the atmosphere than earth's gravity.

I also think Misaki and Touma won't meet in person after this event because if they did meet again in, then Touma should have remember more of her in NT 7. So that's why she said its only a "side event"

Last edited by tsunade666; 2013-08-29 at 15:18.
Old 2013-08-29, 15:49   Link #5133
desrtsku
Nympholept

Gravity? I'm pretty sure he was just redirecting a fraction of the force that makes the planet rotate (that's completely different). Anyway he never really controlled gravity, Kakine did hint that he could but he never did it. And one might wonder what kind of application he might find with that.

Whatever.

Well, the issue with Raijin Mikoto was never the powerlevel (yet) to begin with, I think plasma mode Accelerator or Infinite Beetle Works Kakine can do more damage than her. The real deal is the Gunha tier BS abilities, like that "electric teleportation (?)" thing, she suddenly could pull off.

Edit : let's call her Mikoto 5.02
Old 2013-08-29, 15:59   Link #5134
tsunade666

but isn't it gravitational force that makes the planet rotate in its axis. And Accel did redirect the planet's rotation into the building that he throws towards the windowless building.

The power level isn't really the issue but the whole level 6 shift here with her using as a tool and with only 2% of power showing. It still isn't up to par when using no 1 and 2. But the real goal of Gensei isn't really clear so I can't tell. Mitori is for revenge but what about Gensei. For science? is it test run of the imaginary sector? in vol 13 it become fully operational with the ANGEL virus but this time it was hijacked to for Gensei's goal but what is his goal. Heck, I wonder what Aleister is doing. I remember when Accel throws that building at him. he only says there is a ruckus going outside.

This time is also the time when Aleister consider using pushing forward the project of his.

Quote:
(If so, I have to bring forward our plan. Really, this isn’t a simple plan to be used for these trivial matters.)
As Aleister thought, a rectangular display appeared on the screen.
It was a detailed world map, and there were 9,969 indicated red lights. It was a worldwide distribution of where the esper development programs were done. He intended to use these and the slumbering Imaginary Districts in Academy City to carry out a plan that would stop magical activity on a global scale.
However,
(The important Imagine Breaker’s development is still unstable. Can I really use this?)

so this event that happens after vol 10 event. it won't be far from the truth that, Aleister probably order Gensei to test run the imaginary sector. The event just happens to happen after Aleister consider it.

And I got to agree that Mikoto looks like Raijin. The thing that wraps around her isn't wings but more like sash with lightning rod. The same as raijin.
Old 2013-08-29, 16:08   Link #5135
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
or Infinite Beetle Works Kakine
I am the consciousness of my network
Dark Matter is my body, and AIM is my blood
I have created over a thousand wings
Unknown to death, nor known to life
Have withstood oblivion to create many organs
Yet this Spare Plan will never become #1
So as I produce...
INFINITE BEETLE WORKS!
Old 2013-08-29, 17:01   Link #5136
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ 10/10, copypasted and saved. Would read again and laugh until my sides broke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but isn't it gravitational force that makes the planet rotate in its axis. And Accel did redirect the planet's rotation into the building that he throws towards the windowless building.
Frankly, I'm not an expert so don't believe what I will say. Gravity is a force that pulls something toward the centre of an object so it technically should not cause the rotation of that same object. After all, rotation of an object in general is caused by a force that doesn't cut its axis.
But just as I said, I'm not an expert, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
The power level isn't really the issue but the whole level 6 shift here with her using as a tool and with only 2% of power showing. It still isn't up to par when using no 1 and 2. But the real goal of Gensei isn't really clear so I can't tell.
She indeed isn't, but what I'm trying to get at is that she isn't on the same realm as AC's espers anymore. Her power now looks closer to the Gemstones which are basically something completely "unscientific". Who knows if at 3% she can suddenly create BS lightning that melts stone at just 2kwatt or ridiculous things like that.

Quote:
Mitori is for revenge but what about Gensei. For science? is it test run of the imaginary sector? in vol 13 it become fully operational with the ANGEL virus but this time it was hijacked to for Gensei's goal but what is his goal. Heck, I wonder what Aleister is doing. I remember when Accel throws that building at him. he only says there is a ruckus going outside.
This time is also the time when Aleister consider using pushing forward the project of his.
so this event that happens after vol 10 event. it won't be far from the truth that, Aleister probably order Gensei to test run the imaginary sector. The event just happens to happen after Aleister consider it.
Nice speculah is nice. We have something good to discuss for once.

Well the spoilers gave a feel that Gensei is rather hostile toward Aleister (so we can't be sure if he indeed "ordered" him). At least, that should be the case from Mitori's POV and the way Gensei acts in general.

About Aleister having any need for this. I don't know, probably yes, probably not. I actually can't picture Aleister "testing" anything though, as he usually just go along with multiple plans right away (giving up on the failures, switching up on the fly to the better ones, etc). So if Aleister is indeed directly involved with this, it might actually be something serious instead of a mere test (but that might be just me misunderstanding things). But for now, I'd like to believe it's just Gensei being a Kihara.
But I do admit that I really like the idea of this thing being linked to the Angel virus.

Quote:
And I got to agree that Mikoto looks like Raijin. The thing that wraps around her isn't wings but more like sash with lightning rod. The same as raijin.
Oh, yes. I forgot you weren't around at that time. Apparently someone from found out about the resemblance.
Old 2013-08-29, 17:44   Link #5137
Shinhwa
Banned

Imagine Misaki's smile in the chapter animated

I think it will make some people have a heart attack from the cuteness XD
Old 2013-08-29, 17:51   Link #5138
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
This arc is more Misaki centric, I wouldn't be surprised if Touma just chops Mikoto be it on the forehead or the back of her neck or just happens off screen.
Crack theory: Tokiwadai Dorm manager neck-snaps Mikoto to bring her back to normal xD

As for Mikoto getting punched, I don't think that'll happen in a spinoff with her as the protagonist... that's probably less likely than a full lip-to-lip kiss from Touma to her, not from in a dream too (ie, next to impossible).
Old 2013-08-29, 18:15   Link #5139
Shinhwa
Banned

Because Kiss scenes are best for last!
Old 2013-08-29, 18:21   Link #5140
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

Nice speculah is nice. We have something good to discuss for once.

Well the spoilers gave a feel that Gensei is rather hostile toward Aleister (so we can't be sure if he indeed "ordered" him). At least, that should be the case from Mitori's POV and the way Gensei acts in general.

About Aleister having any need for this. I don't know, probably yes, probably not. I actually can't picture Aleister "testing" anything though, as he usually just go along with multiple plans right away (giving up on the failures, switching up on the fly to the better ones, etc). So if Aleister is indeed directly involved with this, it might actually be something serious instead of a mere test (but that might be just me misunderstanding things). But for now, I'd like to believe it's just Gensei being a Kihara.
But I do admit that I really like the idea of this thing being linked to the Angel virus.
Maybe not directly monitoring it or ordering but letting things happen and watch it as it goes with the flow. I expect Aleister to have tight guard on the network because its the frame work for the control of the imaginary sectors but to really, for it to be easily hijacked.

Aleister is a master manipulator. He might have planned it in a way that even if Gensei thinks he is doing it for SCIENCE! he is just being played. Mitori too. Feeding the emotion and motivation for the plan to start. Its rather easy but the timing for this to happen after the decision of moving the plan in action is pretty jarring for someone like Aleister.

Kihara's are mad scientist that they will probably just laugh it out, even if they are being manipulated. Look at Amata when Fuze:Kazakiri was unleashed.

Quote:
“Ha ha! Now, this is amazing! What the hell is that thing!?” cheered Kihara Amata in the unused office.
Several hundred meters away, a large number of “wings” had shot out, destroying the buildings around them. Kihara could only see the wings through the window, but the word “angel” immediately came to mind for some reason.
Last Order was lying on top of a desk. That angel had appeared the instant they had inputted the virus into her head and rebooted her. And the virus the higher ups had given him had simply been named “Angel”. He saw no way these two events were unrelated. This unscientific existence had been manifested by scientific means. Kihara did not deny this unscientific situation. Instead, he was shocked that science had finally made it this far.
This was Academy City’s board chairman’s doing.
Kihara Amata had thought he himself was quite the mad scientist, but Aleister took it to an entirely different level.
“I can’t fucking believe this! You’re completely insane, Aleister!! I can’t even begin to understand this! What kind of scientist denies science!?”
Unlike Kihara, the five subordinates around him were completely confused. It looked like they could not decide whether to accept what they were seeing as real or not.
“So all of this was about crushing Academy City’s enemies with that! Yeah, with something like that, we can handle most anyone. I don’t know who was hanging out on the outer edges of the city, but they’re fucked now! Look at that! People are gonna want more than the Three Non-Nuclear Principles once they see this angel!! When did the bible become a pop-up book!?”
His laughing his ass off and he didn't have a clue on what's happening. His just been ordered to inject the virus given to him and that's it.

And you know. Fuze:Kazakiri has lightning wings. Before I just speculate it being because the one who support the network are lightning esper. But what if Mikoto is also involved with it? she is the strongest lightning esper. prototype of the artificial angel manifestation? though Mikoto doesn't have the wings but she turn into a semi-demon form rather than an angel. But an angel is a vague form to begin with in tamni verse. Angel is mostly describe as alien beings from this plane. So even Mikoto can be describe as an artificial "angel" in this state.

Tags
fantasy, shounen