AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-11, 09:31   Link #141
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Are we going to be introduced to two new diary users next week?
Possibly, depending how fast there moving with the plot
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 10:59   Link #142
Jarmel

Really disappointed in the art. Sometimes it would be good other times it was bad, and it's only going to get worse from here on out. Shame as Yuno deserves the best.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 11:40   Link #143
Calca
Expressionless

I knew this would be animated eventually.

Dont get much more Yandare than Yuno.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 11:59   Link #144
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Are we going to be introduced to two new diary users next week?
The anime is going heavy on pacing now to get as much of the plot and characters introduced early, seems like.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 13:02   Link #145
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I didn't hate this episode, but I felt it lacked the necessary impact and mind fuck that I was expecting from the previews.

This is what happens with incredibly rushed pacing and some not so great production values. Very unmoving premiere that was only saved for me by the very interesting premise and a potentially crazy yandere girl which I admit I shallowly like.

Going to hold off ratings for now, but I am just not impressed.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 13:34   Link #146
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'm probably the only one that didn't find Yuki's voice strange. I always pictured him having such a voice and it's not really different from many other male characters who have about the same personality in other shows.

Yuno's voice on the other hand rubs me the wrong way. She has that cute voice timbre that is usually associated with underage characters (or underage-looking characters). I always thought she sounded a bit more mature. Who the hell is Tomosa Murata, anyway? Judging from ANN she must be very new. How could they give the part of Yuno to an inexperience VA? Yuno is practically the major selling point of this series...

No problem with the other diary owners though, they are all about right, except for tenth, but who cares about him?

Anyway they certainly played a lot with foreshadowing in this episode, I don't remember all that stuff being in the manga. They have even shown 9th already.
It's however good in a sense that they made 3th's identity a lot more clearer to understand.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 16:22   Link #147
jcdietz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The characters themselves I'd also have to describe as kind of bland. The main character doesn't exhibit much personality nor does he seem to have any sort of relationship with anyone other than this Deus Ex Machina imaginary but not really imaginary friend. I can't say I felt any sort of chemistry going with Yuno either who he mostly seems to admire as that character archetype that is fastly becoming one of my least favorites. The perfect school idol that everyone is infatuated with that gets good grades and is good at everything, but has a downright sociopathic personality. A lot of people seem to really go for this package, but I personally can't stand this character archetype much as some may have seen me express before. It just doesn't make for an interesting female character by my standards, but we'll see where they go with it I guess.
Yukiteru is supposed to be bland. He's generally depressed/lonely, happy when he's supposed to be happy and scared when he's supposed to be scared. You (the reader or watcher) are supposed to identify with him. I definitely did, asking questions such as "How would I win if given Yukkii's diary?" Yuno on the other hand...is not like normal humans. Yuno's default is "manufactured facade" that we see in the classroom scene. She's always calm even when she's supposed to be scared - which is creepy as hell.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 16:43   Link #148
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It's like half of you didn't even watch the first 50 seconds of this episode when you complain about the male lead.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 16:44   Link #149
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
Yukiteru is supposed to be bland. He's generally depressed/lonely, happy when he's supposed to be happy and scared when he's supposed to be scared. You (the reader or watcher) are supposed to identify with him. I definitely did, asking questions such as "How would I win if given Yukkii's diary?" Yuno on the other hand...is not like normal humans. Yuno's default is "manufactured facade" that we see in the classroom scene. She's always calm even when she's supposed to be scared - which is creepy as hell.
There are many ways I could answer this charge about Yuki, but I feel as if they'd all be spoilerific. If someone can convince themselves to keep watching (mind you, I thought the premiere was very good) I think you'd see many things that would surprise you.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 17:26   Link #150
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
"How would I win if given Yukkii's diary?" Yuno on the other hand...is not like normal humans. Yuno's default is "manufactured facade" that we see in the classroom scene.
On an hypotetical 1 vs 1 battle scenario Yuki would have very little chance of winning against Yuno. But Yuno's diary is still incredibly weak if you think about it. The best strategy for Yuki if he wanted Yuno dead would be to sic another diary holder against her, and then run as far as he could from her.

Yuno's diary is completely useless as long as she isn't close to Yuki. The problem is that given her character, she might even win against another diary holder with her strength alone. Even then, if she can't be beaten when she can't rely on a future diary then you can't beat her at all. This is still the best possible strategy.

Old 2011-10-11, 19:44   Link #151
whiteviolet

So far Mirai Nikki is giving me a more sinister Eden of the East feel (complete with psycho yandere). I think the VA is fine, most of the characters are voiced by unknown actors and imo having Yuno's voice girly and innocent sounding just adds to the creepiness.

Does anyone know why she is stalking Yuki in the first place? I thought he was a loner?
whiteviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 20:18   Link #152
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Yuno's diary is completely useless as long as she isn't close to Yuki.
Actually thats a little off...you see Yuno's diary knows what Yuki is doing no matter where he is at any given moment.

So if Yuki told someone to go after her Yuno would know ahead of time because her diary would say..."Yuki spoke with (insert name here) and told them to kill me.

Yuno could save or kill Yuki when ever she wants because no matter where he is, what he dose, or who hes with Yuno will always be watching his every move.

Damn talk about professional stalker...
Old 2011-10-11, 21:06   Link #153
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Actually thats a little off...you see Yuno's diary knows what Yuki is doing no matter where he is at any given moment.
This isn't true, they are all diaries after all, they only report what the holder would write on them. In fact they aren't even 100% reliable. They are not prediction machines. They are future diaries and they tell things as seen from the perspective of their holders. Yuno can't possibly write something that happens to Yukiteru if she doesn't learn about that somehow.

And there's another thing to consider:

There are basically two theories you can apply to future predictions.

The first is that you predict something as it would happen if you didn't have the ability to predict it.

The second is that you predict something that will happen regardless of your prediction or because of your prediction.

The approach that Mirai Nikki seems to have on this matter is definitely the first as it was explained. That's why Yukiteru can see his diary telling him that bad things can happen to him even so he can easily avoid them by reading the diary.

So if this is true then Yuno cannot use her diary to predict where Yukiteru is if she wouldn't normally find him without the diary. She can however use it to find him sooner if she is bound to find him. For example let's say that Yuno is looking for Yukiteru inside the school and that normally she'd take 30 minutes to find him. She then reads that she will find him in location X in 30 minutes, supposing he's been there the whole time she can go directly to location X thus changing the future.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2011-10-11 at 21:17.
Old 2011-10-11, 21:17   Link #154
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Damn talk about professional stalker...
Still wondering why exactly Yuno is getting the hots over Yuki all of a sudden? Is this some sort of love at first sight? Or something else to promote such professional stalking...
Old 2011-10-11, 21:26   Link #155
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Still wondering why exactly Yuno is getting the hots over Yuki all of a sudden? Is this some sort of love at first sight? Or something else to promote such professional stalking...
That of course will be covered later.
Still it's not all of a sudden. It's Yukiteru that found that out all of a sudden. If Yuno has such a diary it means she's been stalking him for a while.

Old 2011-10-11, 21:27   Link #156
Dark Wing

Quote:
So if this is true then Yuno cannot use her diary to predict where Yukiteru is if she wouldn't normally find him without the diary.
Whats not to say Yuno wouldn't find out from another source then write it in her diary at a later date which means she'll make the dairy entry anyway.
Old 2011-10-11, 21:29   Link #157
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So all the other players are after Yuki. Does that mean that each of their diaries have something to do with him, or will have something to do with. Like there diaries intersect or something. Like how Yuno's deals with only Yuki. How else would they be able to track him.
Old 2011-10-11, 21:34   Link #158
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So all the other players are after Yuki. Does that mean that each of their diaries have something to do with him, or will have something to do with. Like there diaries intersect or something. Like how Yuno's deals with only Yuki. How else would they be able to track him.
Mild spoiler...

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-11, 21:35   Link #159
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Whats not to say Yuno wouldn't find out from another source then write it in her diary at a later date which means she'll make the dairy entry anyway.
Of course that's entirely possible. She doesn't have to see it with her own eyes. She might write something about Yukiteru that she learned from a third party. But that's a double edged knife. What if the third party isn't saying the truth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
The 3rd diary was just a diary he used to write how he performed his murders, it had nothing specifically connected to Yukiteru.

Only after he learned that Yukiteru was a diary holder he tracked him down with his diary as his next victim.
You can deduce how he managed to find him from various hints scattered in this first episode.

Old 2011-10-11, 21:44   Link #160
Dark Wing

Quote:
Of course that's entirely possible. She doesn't have to see it with her own eyes. She might write something about Yukiteru that she learned from a third party. But that's a double edged knife. What if the third party isn't saying the truth?
There are also other sources she could use such as a news article, television, radio broadcast, or even straight form Yuki himself.

However this is also the greatest flaw in her powers since she only writes about thing that will happen to Yuki if that information about Yuki is falsified she wouldn't know until much late when the entry changes.

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere