AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-24, 21:25   Link #1021
Fran~
floating away...

Yeah, Morikawa should show Ippo according his level, i mean, i don't ask to beat Sendo in the first round... but in this kind of fight, Ippo must show the difference.

I'm done with unrealistic fights like Gedo or Woli too. Bring me fights like Karasawa's or Okita's. Fights like Sendo's, Vorg's, Date's should be only for the world stage.
Old 2011-04-13, 06:38   Link #1022
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Oh ffs, get this fight started already -_-"
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 07:29   Link #1023
Tiberium Wolf

Or maybe Ippo kills his opponent and then he leaves the boxing.
Old 2011-04-13, 08:24   Link #1024
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Or maybe Ippo kills his opponent and then he leaves the boxing.
That would be an abrupt end to the manga Unless he intends to follow Itagaki instead of Ippo from now on, much to my pleasure if I may add.
Old 2011-04-13, 14:41   Link #1025
Fran~
floating away...

I'm a bit tired of trying to guess what will happen...

I want to see those punches.
Old 2011-04-14, 06:23   Link #1026
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
That would be an abrupt end to the manga Unless he intends to follow Itagaki instead of Ippo from now on, much to my pleasure if I may add.
Not bad the Itagaki idea. Let see... Ippo kills his opponent and goes emo for a lot of chs. The old coach dies of unhappiness or something else. Ippo makes a come back as Itagaki coach. Something like Date path.
Old 2011-04-14, 06:35   Link #1027
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Not bad the Itagaki idea. Let see... Ippo kills his opponent and goes emo for a lot of chs. The old coach dies of unhappiness or something else. Ippo makes a come back as Itagaki coach. Something like Date path.
Ippo as a coach? When the only thing he knows to do is punch the opponent to smithereens? I really don't think Ippo's clever enough to be a coach to devise strategies for other fighters He'll prolly come back as a fighter however, but with Date as his new coach. Itagaki will be under Date as well.
Old 2011-04-14, 07:07   Link #1028
Tri-ring

After Ippo retires he'll take over the family business as the captain of the fishing boat (hopefully) with Kumi and with his spare time he'll be great as a physical coach beating the shxt out of the new comers to Kamogawa gym with Takayama as technical coach.
I wonder who would want to join with Ippo the smiling devil as the drill sergeant from hell.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 07:32   Link #1029
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Ippo as a coach? When the only thing he knows to do is punch the opponent to smithereens? I really don't think Ippo's clever enough to be a coach to devise strategies for other fighters.
The same goes for Kamogawa. Ippo could be like Kamogawa: pick one or two fighters you like (leave the others to Shinoda and pick the most talented so you can get all the glory), teach them a few moves, work them to exhaustion, then let them get the crap beat out of them, barely squeaking out a win at the end. Heck, even I could do it.
Old 2011-04-14, 07:38   Link #1030
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
The same goes for Kamogawa. Ippo could be like Kamogawa: pick one or two fighters you like (leave the others to Shinoda and pick the most talented so you can get all the glory), teach them a few moves, work them to exhaustion, then let them get the crap beat out of them, barely squeaking out a win at the end. Heck, even I could do it.
Nice way to cheat the system, I see yeah, pretty much anyone could do that. It's funny how Kamogawa acts like he's awesome and everyone is actually buying the act, including Kamogawa.
Old 2011-04-14, 09:08   Link #1031
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
I wonder who would want to join with Ippo the smiling devil as the drill sergeant from hell.
You are the Devil itself...
Old 2011-04-14, 13:14   Link #1032
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Nice way to cheat the system, I see yeah, pretty much anyone could do that. It's funny how Kamogawa acts like he's awesome and everyone is actually buying the act, including Kamogawa.
I'm still annoyed by him keeping Takamura in Japan when the guy would clearly be much, much better off in America. Forcing him to fight several classes below his normal weight level, do you have any idea just how unhealthy that is? At first I accepted it because they don't know anyone there, but as soon as he introduced Volg to Hama I cried foul. I haven't liked Kamogawa since then.
Old 2011-04-14, 13:16   Link #1033
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

You ever think that it was partially Takamura's decision?
Bit much to lay all the blame on Kamogawa.

Not to mention all of Takamura's fights are International now.
Old 2011-04-14, 13:31   Link #1034
AnimeFangirl

Takamura wouldn't be doing it if he felt he had any other choice. They've said over and over again that it's hard for him to find sparring opponents in Japan, and that Japan's weight classes only go up to middleweight. As the coach with decades of knowledge and experience, it's Kamogawa's duty to advise his charges as to what is best for them individually. Instead of Kamogawa making trips abroad with Yagi to look for opponents, it would have been smarter and faster to send Takamura abroad instead.

Safer too. This is just manga, but in real life, drastic, rapid weight loss is never a good idea:
High school wrestler learned training dangers firsthand
Old 2011-04-14, 14:41   Link #1035
Fran~
floating away...

Takamura can be really different than Ippo, but both share the same devotion for Kamogawa.
Besides, there is the thing that Morikawa already stated that Takamura is the strongest boxer in the manga, basically he is saying that he is invencible.

And the manga is about Ippo, so i don't think that Morikawa will make that kind of development on Takamura.

But, i do believe that both Takamura and Ippo need another second. I think that Date is the right choice for Ippo, Takamura is just too young and he has a long carrier before retirement.
Old 2011-04-14, 15:15   Link #1036
AnimeFangirl

"Different from."

And of course I'm talking as if Kamogawa really existed, which he doesn't. But if he did he'd be a really crappy coach.
Old 2011-04-15, 02:31   Link #1037
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

As I remember, it was Takamura who wanted to take the belts from all the weight classes. Kamogawa's just letting him do whatever he wants because there's no controlling him.
Old 2011-04-15, 06:16   Link #1038
AnimeFangirl

This was Takamura's idea because he had no choice but to start from the middleweights. If he'd had a proper sensible trainer, he would have debuted in a higher, healthier class outside Japan to begin with and none of that would be happening.
Old 2011-04-15, 09:58   Link #1039
Fran~
floating away...

The problem here is that this is a manga, a fictional work. So, the logic that we use in real life sports isn't necessarily accurate to be used in a fictional work.

Takamura's personality isn't an easy one. OTOH Ippo would be better material for a trainer, but, i don't think that a proper trainer would be attracted by a guy so plain like Ippo
Old 2011-04-15, 09:58   Link #1040
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
This was Takamura's idea because he had no choice but to start from the middleweights. If he'd had a proper sensible trainer, he would have debuted in a higher, healthier class outside Japan to begin with and none of that would be happening.
So in the end, it comes down to Kamogawa's reluctance to actually leave Japan at all (unless it's something to do with Ippo) that influenced Takamura's decision to tackle all the weight classes. That would make sense.

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports