AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 11:22   Link #61
Lendial

kabuto becomes more repulsive with every chapter and for the uchicha brothers to not have instantly killed/immobilize kabuto within the first few seconds of the fight is very saddening.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:39   Link #62
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i was being sarcastic when i said that i want to see kakashi's dog sage mode. i just find it funny that we only found out about the snake sage mode when kishi could have introduced it or at least the concept of it back when oro was still alive. and if indeed tsunade has slug sage mode, considering she's a sannin, then why is it that she hasn't used it or told sakura about it? technically, it makes sense but it feels like an asspull to me.
Maybe the 3 sannin never told their students about sage mode since it was too dangerous for them to try use so they didn't need to know about it.

If Oro told Sasuke to train under that sage snake to use sage mode then Oro would risk Sasuke turning to rock and he would lose his vessel.

@Lendial the Uchiha bros are trying to capture Kabuto alive which may be why Sasuke isn't using blaze release to fry Kabuto.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 11:40   Link #63
james0246

I liked Karin being related (however distant) to Naruto. I wonder if she knows?

That being said, Snake/Dragon Sage was speculated a long time ago, so this reveal is no real surprise (if nothing, it simply fills in the potential plot hole of Toads being the only creatures that can access Nature energy).

As for the fight itself, I do like how Kabuto used his snakes to distract his opponents so that he could meditate to attain Sage Mode. I am also interested in Itachi's reaction to Kabuto finding Snake Sanctuary/Mountain. Could the Sage Mode counter the Sharingan in ways we never knew before?

Whatever the case, this was a brief chapter, but it was still fun.

p.s. I loved Kabuto's hood and cloak. Quite cute.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 11:53   Link #64
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I don't mind that Kabuto turned into Bleach's Szayel, if he turned into some ugly snake monster. Going the Mad Scientist route was the only way for him to be as powerful. As he said, he didn't have talent so he had to take it from others. And finally Sasuke's lackeys have a purpose for being in the manga other than to annoy us. Kishimoto also has to portray Kabuto as a threat to Itachi and Sasuke. Even though for the plot he has to lose. It is the only way to save the Kages against Madara.

Damn, the amount of Naruto x Karin fics and fanart will quadrupole. Especially in Japan now that she is an Uzumaki. It's not like she is his sister or even a close cousin or anything. And she is the character now most like his mother. They can go make more Uzumaki.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 11:57   Link #65
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I assume that shikkotsurin is the counterpart of myobokuzan, but for snakes. It takes a certified doctor Snakes to know that
Quote:
I loved Kabuto's hood and cloak. Quite cute.
Reminded me of Medusa's article from Soul Eater, but it was nice indeed. Btw, since Kabuto lost the hood, does it mean he is vulnerable to genjutsu once more? Oh, while on that matter, couldn't Itachi cast genjutsu with his fingers?
Quote:
That being said, Snake/Dragon Sage was speculated a long time ago, so this reveal is no real surprise
Never heard of it, at least not here...

So much for Naruto x Karin, turns out they are (ofc) related I hope she does something that counts, someday...

Kabuto vs the Uchiha brothers was pretty good, Sasuke is the only one with expendable chakra, but if even Itachi gets nervous around SM Kabuto, this could take all kinds of turns. Looking forward to the next one^^

P.S: Nice cover!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:15   Link #66
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
So much for Naruto x Karin, turns out they are (ofc) related I hope she does something that counts, someday...
Never stopped Sasuke's Uchiha dad from plowing Sasuke's Uchiha mom. Or Itachi having a Uchiha gf, despite killing her eventually.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:21   Link #67
james0246

^Do we know if Itachi's girl was an Uchiha? I expect she was, but was it ever stated?

That being said, there is still plenty of hope for Karin x Naruto . Don't let a little thing like a shared ancestory prevent you from experincing the joy of Karuto/Narin.

That being said, now I wish to know if Tatsuya was a Uzumaki or not...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:28   Link #68
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Do we know if Itachi's girl was an Uchiha? I expect she was, but was it ever stated?

That being said, there is still plenty of hope for Karin x Naruto . Don't let a little thing like a shared ancestory prevent you from experincing the joy of Karuto/Narin.

Well, it'd be one way to revive the Uzumaki clan and bring them back to prominence, what with Naruto becoming Hokage in the end.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:28   Link #69
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, is Kabuto "officially" reaches the sage-mode or he cheated it with Karin, Suigetsu and Juugo's DNAs?

I doubt Tsunade has Sage-mode. Otherwise, she 'd use it from the beginning against Madara. There's no reason not to use a trump card for someone like him . Still, if she does have it, she must have a good reason to hide it until now.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-03-25 at 13:24.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:31   Link #70
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
That being said, now I wish to know if Tayuya was a Uzumaki or not...
Red hair = auto-Uzumaki...except Karui, maybe she can save it
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:38   Link #71
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Am I the only one who wants to see Sage Naruto vs Sage Kabuto ?
Who do you think has better control over sage mode ?
Although Naruto has kyuubi mode, we do know that Naruto prefers sage mode over kyuubi mode in some situations...
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:41   Link #72
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Kinda defeats the purpose of killing her with the clan if she wasn't.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:47   Link #73
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Tobi said that Itachi killed his lover, so I think that confirms her as an Uchiha unless he just did it for kicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, is Kabuto "officially" reaches the sage-mode or he cheated it with Karin, Suigetsu and Juugo's DNAs?
Kabuto pretty clearly stated that he trained under the White Snake Sage to attain Sage Mode. My understanding is that Juugo's clan's ability gave him the ability to take in nature energy, which is a prerequisite for Sage Mode. Karin's and Suigetsu's abilities have no relevance to the Sage Mode; he was just explaining how he was able to turn into water to escape Sasuke's sword and heal his wounds rapidly. I find his possession of Karin's ability interesting, since we learned that Kabuto was able to rapidly regenerate wounds during his battle against Naruto and Tsunade before the time skip. At the time, it was assumed that this was simply some weird bloodline limit of his, but now I'm wondering if the implication is supposed to be that Kabuto and Orochimaru had already experimented on Karin by that point.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:53   Link #74
itachi-san314

awesome chapter and so many haters on it... I really like kabuto's sennin mode transformation and I suspect that he has another level to it to look more like a dragon, particularly to grow wings at least. we've seen wings arise from juugo's nature/snake power before in sasuke's CS mode. I'm glad kabuto's first big move wasn't another ET, that has gotten boring and nobody would have been impressive, given madara is already fighting, aside from the original ninjas like the RS and sons.

I believed karin to be uzumaki for a while. it's been talked about for a long time. no surprise there, just confirmation.

I would also assume that every animal clan has some sort of sage mode if they have been in existence for a long time and are powerful enough. all it really means is that they are using nature energy in conjunction with that particular animal's training. I don't find it odd that orochimaru never spoke of it. it's indeed a retcon to his knowledge of the snake village, but I can see why he would want to keep that info from sasuke so it makes sense. oro wanted to take sasuke's body, not make him more powerful than himself. it would have been too dangerous. he probably thought that if he had sasuke's body, then he would be able to achieve snake sennin mode himself.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:00   Link #75
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Now I wonder about the scroll water boy grabbed, Does it have something to do with Orochimaru's experiments on them? Perhaps it was an explanation of how to extract their abilities? Now this doesn't make sense in that he said it could change the war. But it could fit into what we saw this chapter and give Sasuke ridiculous power.

The question is whether Sasuke will meet his lackeys again during this fight or after it. I wouldn't put it pass Kishi to have them stumble in.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:09   Link #76
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Bam, I totally knew Karin was an Uzumaki. She's just like mito with her sensing abilities, and she has a bad temper like Kushina

I always thought that Sakura was quasi-Uzumaki too, maybe like a cousin or something. Maybe a long lost grandkid of Mito. Lol, it really IS an Uzumaki thing to be obsessed with Uchiha-sama!!!

The art was definitely off in this chapter; you could only tell the body on the floor was Anko's by her boobs and mesh shirt; her face looked terrible. AND WHY DOES SUIGETSU HAVE NO NOSE???

And someone...anyone...please tell me why Kabuto is so friggin' ugly. Ew, I just wanna barf when I see him. Maybe that's the point though...

Anyway, overall, great chapter. I love how Sasuke and Itachi are working together against freaky dragon man. GO GET'M TEAM!

Old 2012-03-21, 13:22   Link #77
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
and karin is an uzumaki too? i just find it funny that at the start of the series being an uzumaki means being a nobody. the people of konoha treated naruto like crap. none of them knew he was the yondaime's son. but when kishi revealed that naruto's mother was an uzumaki of great talents and a jinchuuriki at that, all of a sudden being an uzumaki is fashionable. hashirama's wife was an uzumaki (technically tsunade has uzumaki blood as well), nagato was an uzumaki, and now karin! and kushina was well-known in konoha too, she grew up there. i doubt people didn't know she and minato were married and were having a baby, there are only so much you can hide from a village that small. and yet somehow nobody knew who naruto was (save for a few), nobody mentioned his parents, nobody said anything about the uzumaki. amazing!
Well, first it's not that "small".

But I agree, they're everywhere !
Though the Uzumaki bloodline is not from Konoha... So it can still make sense that you're a nobody there. Kushina was bullied because she was an outsiders, after all.

And Karin and Nagato are sub-branch, right ? Uzumaki is not their name...
Well, technically, it isn't Naruto either...
This could mean the third Hokage hide the fact he was their son, calling him Uzumaki and thus turning him like an orphan outsider... (I don't even buying that myself...)
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:28   Link #78
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:

It seems slightly implied that Itachi's lover was Uchiha since he wouldn't need to kill her if she wasn't a Uchiha but we don't know if Sasuke's mom is a Uchiha.

If Tayuya is Uzumaki then it would be like only Uzumaki's can have the red hair gene, I can't think of any named character who's a non Uzumaki with red hair apart from Gaara and Mei.

A few chapters ago Jugo said Sasuke was in "this building" so it seems that Taka may get in the way of the Kabuto fight or worse give Oro's scroll to Kabuto.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:45   Link #79
Ushio the Omega

So Karin is an Uzumaki (blood related to Senju clan chapter 500) who have a "special chakra" which was why the Uzumaki clan were known as the clan of longevity. Considering what we learned about Hashirama and his instant healing that makes sence and they can transfer this healing by having it sucked out of them. So is this a Kekkei genkai? or not quite up to that level.

Suigetsu related to nidaime mizukaga and has Hydration Technique. Kekkei Genkai?

Juugo natural ability to absorb natural energy but instead of being petrified he goes berserk and has ability to change his body at will.

Orochimaru did not become a sage (i guess having Manda hate you counted against him)

Kabuto is a sage because his modifications with Juugo's ability allow him to absorb natural energy without the normal consequences. (snake boss impressed with Manda 2.0 perhaps?)

Does that sum up this chapter's info dump?
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:47   Link #80
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Well, first it's not that "small".

But I agree, they're everywhere !
Though the Uzumaki bloodline is not from Konoha... So it can still make sense that you're a nobody there. Kushina was bullied because she was an outsiders, after all.

And Karin and Nagato are sub-branch, right ? Uzumaki is not their name...
Well, technically, it isn't Naruto either...
This could mean the third Hokage hide the fact he was their son, calling him Uzumaki and thus turning him like an orphan outsider... (I don't even buying that myself...)
Isn't it common in Japan for children to take the mothers maiden name? I know that if the wife is higher station the husband may take his wife's name.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion