AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-23, 16:03   Link #1701
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Confirms my suspicion that the USA itself is literally the only country that could conceivably elect Romney. Guy would get crushed if he were running against Obama here in Canada. Quebec in particular would devour him alive. Romney would be all like, "I have to do a debate in French too?!!! "

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-10-23 at 16:16.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:24   Link #1702
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Confirms my suspicion that the USA itself is literally the only country that could conceivably elect Romney. Guy would get crushed if he were running against Obama here in Canada. Quebec in particular would devour him alive. Romney would be all like, "I have to do a debate in French too?!!! "
It's truly depressing but then again you have people that have believed what Romney has said all along and haven't even noticed his constant changing positions.

I'm extremely bothered by the viral campaigning done on news site comment sections. So much rhetoric and lies spewed everywhere. If Romney does win the next 4 years are only going to be worse too.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-10-23, 16:31   Link #1703
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Sorry to say this to you but I wouldn't be surprised if Romney would know some french (wasn't he a missionary in France for his church). Plus we elected a this year a prime minister than would need a translator to understand english. Even Steven Harper can speak both our official language.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:46   Link #1704
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It's truly depressing but then again you have people that have believed what Romney has said all along and haven't even noticed his constant changing positions.

I'm extremely bothered by the viral campaigning done on news site comment sections. So much rhetoric and lies spewed everywhere. If Romney does win the next 4 years are only going to be worse too.
the rhetoric will get worst no matter who wins.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:52   Link #1705
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the rhetoric will get worst no matter who wins.
Well I know but if Romney wins we'll be seeing it from the left instead of the right.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-10-23, 16:52   Link #1706
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, Why do Kenya and Nigeria like Romney so much (well, more than most countries)? In fact, Kenya is where Romney is liked the most out of all the nations surveyed . Does Romney donate a lot to African relief efforts?
Probably linked to views on Obama's father, who was a Kenyan government official at some point.
Old 2012-10-23, 18:10   Link #1707
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Sorry to say this to you but I wouldn't be surprised if Romney would know some french (wasn't he a missionary in France for his church). Plus we elected a this year a prime minister than would need a translator to understand english. Even Steven Harper can speak both our official language.
This.

Romney's lack of popularity in Canada has nothing to do with language. Canadians also remember how often Canada was not treated as an equal when a Republican President was in power (especially what happened in the Arrow Project in the late 1950s), and Republicans also embody a lot of things we Canadians don't want debates to be re-opened (eliminating the right to abortion, eliminating social policies, eliminating gun registration, etc.). The fact that Stephen Harper and his people are going in line with Republican-type politics, it's putting them into a bad position in provinces other than Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. They are just in power because other parties have yet to find strong leaders. Historically, the Liberal Party of Canada held power for most of Canada's existence since 1867.
Old 2012-10-23, 18:29   Link #1708
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
They are just in power because other parties have yet to find strong leaders. Historically, the Liberal Party of Canada held power for most of Canada's existence since 1867.
That and the fact than the 3 provinces the Conservators control are the one growing both in population and power.
Old 2012-10-23, 18:45   Link #1709
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
That and the fact than the 3 provinces the Conservators control are the one growing both in population and power.
Aren't they the ones with the Tar Sands oil? Being dependent on one resource is not sustainable growth imo.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2012-10-23, 18:50   Link #1710
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Aren't they the ones with the Tar Sands oil? Being dependent on one resource is not sustainable growth imo.
Ask that to Stephen Harper. He's one fool I can't wait to get rid of once the Liberals will have a strong leader. Canada should focus their efforts on being better in the tertiary sector of industry; that's a different way to make money. The Swiss and the Japanese already understood that.

edit: When should we have new polls about US voting? I sure had a hard time believing the numbers prior to yesterday's debate didn't change after the time Romney got battered in the second debate.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:25   Link #1711
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Ask that to Stephen Harper. He's one fool I can't wait to get rid of once the Liberals will have a strong leader. Canada should focus their efforts on being better in the tertiary sector of industry; that's a different way to make money. The Swiss and the Japanese already understood that.

edit: When should we have new polls about US voting? I sure had a hard time believing the numbers prior to yesterday's debate didn't change after the time Romney got battered in the second debate.
We've almost achieved a fact-free election cycle where fixed ideology trumps everything. ... whee ...
Old 2012-10-23, 20:09   Link #1712
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Mourdock: Rape Pregnancies ‘Something That God Intended to Happen’
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...t-god-intended
Quote:
At the final debate in the Indiana Senate race, held Tuesday night, Republican nominee Richard Mourdock explained his opposition to abortion in the cases of rape or incest. In the course of the explanation Mourdock suggested that rape should not be an exception to a ban on abortion, since rape pregnancies are themselves the will of God.
Old 2012-10-23, 20:10   Link #1713
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And it seems "God's Will" trumps anyone's Rights.
Old 2012-10-23, 20:23   Link #1714
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Stones for sale! And fake beards!! (these protein bags make me embarrassed to be male)
Old 2012-10-23, 20:53   Link #1715
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Stones for sale! And fake beards!! (these protein bags make me embarrassed to be male)
Sadly the protein isn't the problem nor have any link to the ''manlyness'' of such specimen. Testosterone in another hand...
Old 2012-10-23, 21:25   Link #1716
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And it seems "God's Will" trumps anyone's Rights.
No kidding. Why even bother having laws in the first place, as per their logic everything is God's will, therefor everything is "working as intended".

That dude that just killed a bunch of people in the hair salon? he's not a criminal, he's just doing God's work!
Old 2012-10-23, 21:34   Link #1717
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sorry ... the fake beards and stones were a reference to Monty Python's "Life of Brian" (the women would wear beards so they could attend the stonings)

And I can't blame "testosterone" for their views. These *misogynists* simply hate/fear women -- domination and control of women appear to be basic vectors in their lives.
Old 2012-10-23, 21:39   Link #1718
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Mourdock: Rape Pregnancies ‘Something That God Intended to Happen’
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.co...t-god-intended
Oh really?
Shows how little that idiot knows about his own religion.
Considering the story in Genesis 34 of when Dina was raped by Shechem (son of Hamor), Jacob's two sons (Levi and Simon) went back to the city of Hamor and killed every man in the city. Took the women and children as slaves, and stole all their possessions.
Now I ask you, do you think G-d gives a hoot about killing a child from a rape before its born if he'll condone the destruction of a whole city over one rape?
I realize the story is a parable/lesson about how severe rape is and why it's wrong, but my point is that the fruit of a rape is to be destroyed just like the men of Hamor.
I swear, these damn fundies need to pick a new book for their old testament because they sure don't follow the one the Hebrews wrote.
Old 2012-10-23, 21:49   Link #1719
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@ Vexx; my bad, I missed the reference.
@ GundamFan0083; don't ask them o follow the Old Testament, they can't even follow the New one
Old 2012-10-23, 22:46   Link #1720
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Anyone watched the Third Party debates? It's very interesting to see a more engaging and vigorous debate here.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Third-P...10737435220-1/

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Closed Thread