AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-05, 03:52   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

A Bias Girl

Plot:
Basically it's about the antics of two high school girls: Kim Peongyon and Choi Boa. Kim aka "Bias Girl", is a foul mouthed, overactive girl and idiot who weird and strange, bias ideas on people and things and Boa is smarter and saner of the two who plays the straight girl everytime Kim does anything stupid.

This manhwa is hilarious. I can't help but laugh at all the absurd things Kim says and how Boa beats her everytime she gets too far. I feel sorry for the Class Rep as he's a really a nice guy who just wants to help but Kim keeps accusing he's nothing but a high class, power abusing, elite rich jerk(which he isn't) and their teacher has hard time controlling Kim and Boa. lol
Old 2012-02-05, 09:08   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Actually, I think Kim is the book smart one, despite the looks and the personalities.

Also, I didn't realize what the title was about until I read your post and I was like, oh, so that's why it's "A Bias[ed] Girl," lol.

The side characters so far are hilarious. The Homeroom Teacher is totally the series' butt monkey; the Class Rep is cute, though I feel sorry for him; and Miss Jessica, ironically despite the gag being about her "American-size," somehow feels a lot less cardboard foreigner-ish compared to a lot of Japanese manga.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 09:50   Link #3
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Really? I always felt Kim is kinda of an idiot since she stereotypes people in what they are but they aren't. For example, she accuses their Home Room Teacher of discriminating poor people like Boa because he asks Kim to answer his question and not Boa, no matter how many times the Class Rep does anything nice to her and Boa, she still accuses him as a power hungry elite jerk when he isn't and she fails to realize that Paris, the half English/Korean student who Kim thinks is an American who can't speak korean and was able to speak it now due to her power of friendship when in reality Paris had already spoken to her in Korean to whole time!
Old 2012-02-05, 16:22   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Really? I always felt Kim is kinda of an idiot since she stereotypes people in what they are but they aren't. For example, she accuses their Home Room Teacher of discriminating poor people like Boa because he asks Kim to answer his question and not Boa, no matter how many times the Class Rep does anything nice to her and Boa, she still accuses him as a power hungry elite jerk when he isn't and she fails to realize that Paris, the half English/Korean student who Kim thinks is an American who can't speak korean and was able to speak it now due to her power of friendship when in reality Paris had already spoken to her in Korean to whole time!
Doesn't really mean she isn't book smart tho, just she's a bit of a idiot on top of her smarts.
I knew girls that were smart with their studies and stuff but "street smart" not so much.
They would tend to lack all common sense when it came to certain stuff or just did stuff that would completely baffle you despite you knowing they are smart.
I think thats kinda what Kims like, she knows whats she learns but can't apply it to real life

Well I too find this hilarious, I didn't expect it to be but then I actually thought it was H-doujin when I first saw the 1st chapter pop up on Mnagaupdates

Chapter 5 was great, "not often you hear someone say "He's a fucking saint!!!"

Hope we see more of the half english/korean lass, she's got that character design that I love.
Oh and same goes for the Miss Manager
Old 2012-02-05, 19:10   Link #5
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Really? I always felt Kim is kinda of an idiot since she stereotypes people in what they are but they aren't. For example, she accuses their Home Room Teacher of discriminating poor people like Boa because he asks Kim to answer his question and not Boa
Wasn't she accusing the teacher of discriminating stupid (her words) people, i.e. Boa, despite that sanity and the glasses? Apparently the teacher kept asking her because she could answer (teachers do like to call out students who can actually answer) and "normal" people like Boa doesn't get called out. Hence the epic "discrimination" rant, which made Boa angry because she kept calling her (book-)stupid over and over.

Nobody could accuse Kim of having common sense, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun
Oh and same goes for the Miss Manager
She looks like TWGOK's Nikaido-sensei, and she gives off the same dominatrix vibe.

Hmm, Bonta, could it be your taste is...? :X
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 19:57   Link #6
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
She looks like TWGOK's Nikaido-sensei, and she gives off the same dominatrix vibe.

Hmm, Bonta, could it be your taste is...? :X
lol well I may have abit of M in me(I think everybody does) but it really only shows very rarely with very certain characters and Miss Manager and Nikaido for that matter as well, I could get along with in that regard if need be
I'd say she's a cross between Nika and Kyouko(Working) which is no bad thing
Old 2012-11-06, 11:01   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa. It's been that long? Chapter 6 is out.

Spoiler for c6:
Old 2014-02-18, 19:38   Link #8
Dorsai

How can she be book smart with barely 100 iq? Both girls are idiots, but thats one of reasons why its funny and entertaining...

Tags
comedy, female protagonist, manhwa