AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-10, 12:00   Link #101
salv87
Can't think of a title^_^

well.. just like ep 7 of season 1. it's not part of the main story.
It didn't air in the normal show, and was a bonus on the DVD's.
so it's smth like and OVA.

The same can be done in the second season.
it's could be added to the DVD of the second season as a 0 episode or I don't know.
The other thing si - it can be omitted fully.
We can't rule out this possibility.
Old 2008-12-10, 16:13   Link #102
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

It's 99% likely they will not animate and release volume 7 chapter 3 since they have already done a audio drama along with the radio program "ookamiku radio" that basically covers the amber melancholy even though some important parts were omitted. So if they were to make an anime episode of vol 7 chp 3 it would kinda be predicted to have a low saleable factor or something so i don't think it's likely, although i would love to see Horo being fed.
Old 2008-12-10, 16:49   Link #103
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person

I just want to see that "sick man meal" he made for her. Damn old time medicine, it was horrible.
Old 2008-12-10, 18:05   Link #104
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorFang View Post
It's 99% likely they will not animate and release volume 7 chapter 3 since they have already done a audio drama along with the radio program "ookamiku radio" that basically covers the amber melancholy even though some important parts were omitted. So if they were to make an anime episode of vol 7 chp 3 it would kinda be predicted to have a low saleable factor or something so i don't think it's likely, although i would love to see Horo being fed.
I could see a much shortened version of it being inserted in some other story arc though... simply because of the moe avalanche of the scene
Old 2008-12-10, 18:59   Link #105
salv87

well, that's also a possibility, but my inner self will be in conflict.. one part will be fristrated that it just wasn't quite the same.. the other will be happy that it was made at all..
Old 2008-12-10, 20:03   Link #106
Lightly_Toasted

So is volume 7 chap 3 related at all, or is it like filler? I don't want an Spoilers. But if it is filler like, i'll def read it.
Old 2008-12-11, 02:53   Link #107
salv87

Just read it and don't worry ^_^
as mentioned before, it's a sidestory, whcih means it's not directly related to the main plotline, I guess. If you like it, you can call it a filler story.
Old 2008-12-11, 03:52   Link #108
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

I wouldn't call it a filler as fillers are made because the anime catches up to the manga but this is the actual novel so it's more of a side story as the title of the novel suggests. Think of it as the fries that come with the burger, although i think these fries taste just as good as the burger.
Old 2008-12-11, 04:55   Link #109
salv87

well, in my oppinion, you athe term filler itself isn't very suitable when talking about novels.
But if this is easier to comprehend for the person, why not use it.
Old 2008-12-11, 13:31   Link #110
Kaguya
an idler

Direction's comment is published by Dengekibunko Magazine Vol.5.
According to it, six episode of the first half is the stories which summarize this series.
Six episode of the second half is equivalent to Vol.3 of a novel.

It is somewhat regrettable.
Spoiler for second season:
Old 2008-12-11, 14:27   Link #111
salv87

hmm.. so it will not only be volumes 3-4 plus an ep on the volume 7 short story ?
Old 2008-12-11, 14:50   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmm, I wasn't expecting them to arrive at Yoits in the second season.... but it sounds rather like he's being contrite rather than excited about the contents of the upcoming season. Odd.
Old 2008-12-11, 15:22   Link #113
Kaguya
an idler

I expect that episode 0 is "Amber melancholy", and is released only with DVD.
I think that the episode1-episode6 are the original story which extended "Amber melancholy".

Who is the character who leads Lawrence?
I can recall only Jakob and Lawrence's master excluding Horo.
(If it is a character who misleads Lawrence, Chloe also corresponds.)
It is likely to become a terrible squalid manly story.

There is no Vol.4 if there is no transformation scene to the wolf.
The 2nd season is finished by Vol.3.
Old 2008-12-11, 16:06   Link #114
salv87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
I think that the episode1-episode6 are the original story which extended "Amber melancholy".

(If it is a character who misleads Lawrence, Chloe also corresponds.)

There is no Vol.4 if there is no transformation scene to the wolf.
The 2nd season is finished by Vol.3.
If it ends by volume 3, for 6 episodes, I guess that would be ok, if they do a good throught job on it, though that will be difficult.

I don't think Chloe will appear again though.. They left her somewhat mentally disturbed the last time we saw her, so it's either somebody we know but can't think about now, or again, someone anime original, but that would be probably too much changing the original script.

hmm. about "extends "amber melancholy" ". Timewise, it happened about the volume 2, right? what stories would that be? some chapter from the original volumes? or stories from other sources (radio, magazine, etc.) ?
If from story, which vol/ch would that be?
Old 2008-12-11, 17:18   Link #115
RayzorFang
APRIL APRIL APRIL

Huh? wait so the first 6 episodes are a summary of what has happened? or are the episodes going to be new stories not conforming to the novels, very confused why they wouldn't continue the same format, however judging from the reaction from some of you that have read vol 3 and currently reading 4 i'm guessing they are both more substantial than the first two so maybe they might extend 4 in the 3rd season to 8-10 episodes(i hope)?
I guess they want to attract in as many viewers as possible with all the hype about S&W but i think putting a 6 episode recap isn't going to help
Old 2008-12-11, 17:45   Link #116
salv87

I don't think it will be a recap.. rather it will be events untold in the first season.. or smth else..
just that it seems it won't go as the first season with a 6 episodes per volume system
Old 2008-12-11, 17:57   Link #117
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm sure it won't be your typical recap at least that what it seems like to me. Probably recalling events from before, but not all of them events we have seen as the audience. I doubt with six episodes they'd do such a typical recap unless they were refurnishing the previous episodes, which doesn't seem to be the likely case from what I've gathered.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:00   Link #118
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sound like they're really hedging their bets on either no third season or that a third season is a serious possibility if the novels wrap up around that time. Covering the short stories and "in-betweens" of the novels permits either scenario with some grace.

There is some synchronicity that Lawrence's money troubles coincide with RL -- providing some extra connection with the audience.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:04   Link #119
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Well if they have enough material to go off telling untold stories from previous ventures I say go for it. Especially if it helps in the long run if there is a third season in the future. As long as deriving from the novel plot is avoided or kept to a minimum it should work out fine.
Old 2008-12-11, 18:50   Link #120
salv87

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well if they have enough material to go off telling untold stories from previous ventures I say go for it. Especially if it helps in the long run if there is a third season in the future. As long as deriving from the novel plot is avoided or kept to a minimum it should work out fine.
I can do nothing but agree to this statement
Closed Thread