Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-06, 00:16   Link #301
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense View Post
that this comic euphemizes and beautifies the horrors of world war two. It is a total degradation to those hurt by the war, and a ridicule of history. This 'hetalia' simply proves the lack of "PROPER" educationon WW2 in Japan (seeing that..at least one author fantasizes it as some glorious adventure of Japan and their dignified fall by horrendous nuclear bomb, and how he is willing to relive this war because he thinks it was Japan's best era).
A lot of funny things are a "total degradation" of whatever subject they're making fun of. But it doesn't matter. They're still funny. Why don't you go complain about South Park instead? It makes jokes of everything, serious or not.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 00:30   Link #302
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense View Post
There are countless animes that are cuter and funnier w/o touchy subject like WW2. Go watch those ones.
Or maybe you could go watch them and quit snarking at us because you can't take satire or "touchy subject matter." There's much worse out there than Hetalia. If it offends you so much, why would you take the time to watch or read it, let alone post in this thread? Boggles my mind.

Anyway, I thought the second episode was definitely better than the first. A tad slower paced and omg, France. I just love him. The kickball game at the end was adorable too. I lol'd.

And Chibitalia is still impossibly cute.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 09:00   Link #303
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
I think that this anime is quite cute. I loved how they kicked around Chibitalia and his brother around in ep. 2. Although I want to see more America D:
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 14:53   Link #304
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I couldnt stop laughing at the WWI scene with Germany trying to get Italy to escape.
Old 2009-02-07, 15:48   Link #305
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Italy is so darn cute!

I want to see more America as well , I doubt we'll see Canada though but America cracks me up.

I cant get over how freaking cute the ED is, omg I could watch it all day
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 03:35   Link #306
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
For a series that I'd expected to hit the stereotypes much harder than it has been, this show has turned out to be relatively tame. I had been hoping for a Zetsubou Sensei-esque no holds approach, but I guess given its nature, it's not going to be that ambitious. That, and it seems to be having enough of an issue in offending nations so it understandably might not want to go too far out in its depiction of other countries.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 05:05   Link #307
The Wild Turkey
Something something

OMG, I can't believe I waited this long before checking out this show. I've never laughed so hard at an anime before. I'm loving the more minor jokes like France disagreeing with both America and England, just because, and Russia pining after Lithuania, then getting a dressing down for bullying (particularly funny given recent events in Georgia and the gas crisis), and of course 'frenchmen flying through the air'. Fracking hilarious all of it! I never would have expected something like this from the Japanese.

I wonder if this wasn't devised as a way of giving Japanese kids an 'in a nutshell' summary of world history?
The Wild Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 11:48   Link #308
Crontica

Wow.. I im gone for only 2 months and i come back to see that the series was NEARLY CANCELED!? WTF do the koreans think they are? on second thought it should have aired on a MISC channel to avoid this, they are not even animation artists, they should STFU and GTFO, we seriously do not want an MAFIAA to be born on the eastern boarder.

Coming back to the topic at hand, i will start watching the anime sometime today XD im still sad that its 5 minutes, i hope they get an time extension.
Old 2009-02-08, 12:35   Link #309
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I couldnt stop laughing at the WWI scene with Germany trying to get Italy to escape.
Seriously, that was the better scene in episode 2.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 18:57   Link #310
Crontica

So far italy was LoL. nuff said
Old 2009-02-08, 21:36   Link #311
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Quote:
Haha, I agree, that was funny. But with how long the eps are, I might be letting a few accumulate before I watch...they end all too fast!
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 02:04   Link #312
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Before Viewing: If this really is a "sendup" parody/satire of various national stereotypes, I might be interested. There's no country in the world that doesn't need a good dose of satire hurled at it.

In the vein of Monty Python, South Park, and the many other answers to "is nothing sacred?" ... here we go.

Afterwards: Actually... it wasn't satirical enough and barely met the definition of "skewering" --- it was mostly just absurd and silly. VERY silly. It is cute.... but if I give South Park a "10" on the Skewering-Anything-That-Moves Meter, this comes in around "3".... very mild.

Quote:
I wonder if this wasn't devised as a way of giving Japanese kids an 'in a nutshell' summary of world history?
I really really don't think so... its just some guy's silly absurd daydream piece as he watches the world news and skims his history notes. (skims badly )

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-09 at 19:03.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 18:00   Link #313
Crontica

Is it possible that there is the uncensored version of hetalia? since some of the monologue was changed due do the incident.
Old 2009-02-09, 18:01   Link #314
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Is it possible that there is the uncensored version of hetalia? since some of the monologue was changed due do the incident.
The "uncensored" version is the webcomic. Print version was toned down, then the anime is toned down even further.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 19:48   Link #315
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
The "uncensored" version is the webcomic. Print version was toned down, then the anime is toned down even further.
Then is there a english translation of the comic?
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 18:14   Link #316
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Then is there a english translation of the comic?
Yes, there is.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 10:57   Link #317
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I feel sorry for Germany to get stuck with Italy in this show. Just like how I am glad Nazi Germany got stuck with unreliable fascist Italy in World War 2.
Old 2009-02-11, 13:43   Link #318
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Episode 3's song is soooooo off tune and funny

I wonder if they ll start bringing in more cast into the skits, so far it's been all italy and germany which have been hilarious but i would like to see more countries and scenario XD.
Old 2009-02-11, 20:35   Link #319
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Episode 3's song is soooooo off tune and funny

I wonder if they ll start bringing in more cast into the skits, so far it's been all italy and germany which have been hilarious but i would like to see more countries and scenario XD.
So far they have been sticking very closely to the printed volume 1. The dialogue and pictures are pretty much identical. If they continue like this, it will be a loooong time until anyone but Germany, Italy, and Japan appear. I hope they mix things up a bit more..! The show is fun so far, but there are no surprises for people who have read the comic... just an opportunity to enjoy the cute voices~
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 11:32   Link #320
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
The most hilarious in episode 3 was Italy made a song to Germany

Tags
comedy