AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 13 28.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 35.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-29, 19:21   Link #41
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
Seems like it. He's the only one Hayate speaks to without reservation. And they've had similar life experiences.
Spoiler for about similar life experiences:
Old 2007-08-29, 21:34   Link #42
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Fun things about episode 22.

The Maria Hayate moment with perfectly placed fall thrown in for Nagi to see.
Rocky references
SOS Brigade obviously Haruhi reference
this one im surprised i noticed since it went by so fast but
the NERV symbol from Neon Genesis Evaenglion on the bath buckets
Nagi yelling Hinagiku's are no bigger

That sword that hit Klaus in the beginning just before Nagi sends him on his marry way looked familiar but i couldnt place it. Then again it might not be anything at all
Old 2007-08-30, 13:03   Link #43
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

Sword hit klaus
Maria and hayate together
And the last part xD
Old 2007-08-30, 13:26   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Some nice close up shots of Maria in this episode, especially after the fall.

& lol, best Death Note reference ever in the preview.

Old 2007-08-30, 13:30   Link #45
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He calls her that because she requested it. They're really not that close.

I wonder who's really close to Hayate? Tama?
Tama is probably not a close friend to Hayate. After all, he did tell Hayate to die after the bath incident and tried to sneak up and attack Hayate in the previous episode. Hinagiku and Maria might be the only two that Hayate can call close friends theses days just based on their conversations. I believe the only one that Hayate showed feelings so far is for Maria.

Quote:
Also, I couldn't figure out what the Can't-Show-On-TV guy was hiding underwater.
The Can't-Show-On-TV guy was also blocking the thing that flew by when Nagi got stabbed by the beam javelin. I bet it was a gundam but I guess we have to wait for the dvd to discover what it really is.

Quote:
... didn't help.
It was close.

Did anyone get what sword stabbed Klaus?
I was thinking Dragon Slayer from Berserk but it doesn't really look like it.

Last edited by Fruitfly; 2007-08-30 at 13:50.
Old 2007-08-30, 14:26   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
Tama is probably not a close friend to Hayate. After all, he did tell Hayate to die after the bath incident and tried to sneak up and attack Hayate in the previous episode. Hinagiku and Maria might be the only two that Hayate can call close friends theses days just based on their conversations. I believe the only one that Hayate showed feelings so far is for Maria.
He's not close to them either. What does he know about either of them? Is he able to relax around them?
Old 2007-08-30, 14:57   Link #47
anselfir
Style Über Alles

if this show has any sort of romantic end, it will be with hinagiku. other characters are simply out of position.

nagi--loli, spoiled, in need of learning and growing, not love interests. position with hayate is uneven at best, the rather peculiar pendant given to hayate by nagi's old man is really not looking like a good item.

maria--too good. maria ending would be like michelangelo's creation, with maria the god that reached to hayate sprawling on the ground. hayate would have no problems getting with maria right this moment, whihc means there is little room to develop this thing, just going through obstacles of circumstance. nevertheless, i wish hayate luck in pursuing the top target in the show. maybe the previous butler comes in and resolves maria for now, but i dunno.

hina is the one.
Old 2007-08-30, 14:57   Link #48
CJL13
God of his own ego

Aren't the Shinigami eyes red?
Old 2007-08-30, 15:52   Link #49
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
if this show has any sort of romantic end, it will be with hinagiku. other characters are simply out of position.

nagi--loli, spoiled, in need of learning and growing, not love interests. position with hayate is uneven at best, the rather peculiar pendant given to hayate by nagi's old man is really not looking like a good item.

maria--too good. maria ending would be like michelangelo's creation, with maria the god that reached to hayate sprawling on the ground. hayate would have no problems getting with maria right this moment, whihc means there is little room to develop this thing, just going through obstacles of circumstance. nevertheless, i wish hayate luck in pursuing the top target in the show. maybe the previous butler comes in and resolves maria for now, but i dunno.

hina is the one.
I damand more Hinagiku im ready to take arms over this. Since the new school semester will be starting hopefully we will get many embarassing and um um good yummy moments with her and Hayate.
Old 2007-08-30, 17:31   Link #50
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post

hina is the one.
Sorry, but i disagree.

The author can change details, so stop jumping to conclusions.
Old 2007-08-30, 17:50   Link #51
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Sorry, but i disagree.

He's just saying from what has developed, it would be most likely with Hinagiku.
Old 2007-08-30, 18:24   Link #52
UPR

Hayate always from the begining looked at Nagi as a little sister that needs taking care. You see that from what they thought this ep, while Nagi that more romance; Hayate thought more teaching and protecting. When Hayate was depressed NAgi thought it was because of her while in reality it was about Maria. I don't think that line of thinking (for Hayate) will ever change. In the end Nagi will eventually find out that Hayate never really confessed to her just wanting to kidnap her. If and only if it changes in my view would be a bad ending. I don't think they would put Hina through alot of strain because of it. And also maybe Maria. In the end I think (and should) there will be 3 viable choices 1. Hina ending, 2. Maria ending, or 3. no one. If 3 does happen I would put it on same position as a Nagi ending, just completly bad and put it down to the lower estiolan of manga/anime.
Old 2007-08-30, 20:02   Link #53
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Hayate always from the begining looked at Nagi as a little sister that needs taking care. You see that from what they thought this ep, while Nagi that more romance; Hayate thought more teaching and protecting. When Hayate was depressed NAgi thought it was because of her while in reality it was about Maria. I don't think that line of thinking (for Hayate) will ever change. In the end Nagi will eventually find out that Hayate never really confessed to her just wanting to kidnap her. If and only if it changes in my view would be a bad ending. I don't think they would put Hina through alot of strain because of it. And also maybe Maria. In the end I think (and should) there will be 3 viable choices 1. Hina ending, 2. Maria ending, or 3. no one. If 3 does happen I would put it on same position as a Nagi ending, just completly bad and put it down to the lower estiolan of manga/anime.
Well Nagi would probably flip if she found out, Maria might be a bit more forgiving. I just want Hayate to stop thinking money is the solution to all problems. It's not his fault though, all the crap his parents made him go through kinda forced him to take that mindset, and I hope his parents get what's coming to them. Besides I think even Nagi might forgive him if he explains why, she already knows he was in a huge ass debt, if she found out why she would probably forgive him.
Old 2007-08-30, 20:59   Link #54
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Sorry, but i disagree.

first, details are meaningful as they are intentional in a fictional setting. second, what is already there is such, changes would not be as liberal as you imagine, such as nagi being a rich loli with this and this personality and in this stage of her life, etc, to change these would at best disrupt the integrity fo the story and at worst render it nonsensical.
Old 2007-08-30, 21:15   Link #55
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Well Nagi would probably flip if she found out, Maria might be a bit more forgiving. I just want Hayate to stop thinking money is the solution to all problems. It's not his fault though, all the crap his parents made him go through kinda forced him to take that mindset, and I hope his parents get what's coming to them. Besides I think even Nagi might forgive him if he explains why, she already knows he was in a huge ass debt, if she found out why she would probably forgive him.
I'm pretty sure that Maria knows already ever since the second episode when she realized that it was a misunderstanding.
Old 2007-08-30, 21:18   Link #56
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
I'm pretty sure that Maria knows already ever since the second episode when she realized that it was a misunderstanding.

I know that she knows it's a misunderstanding, but does she know why he said that stuff in the first place?
Old 2007-08-30, 21:22   Link #57
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
I know that she knows it's a misunderstanding, but does she know why he said that stuff in the first place?
Watch episode 2 again. Hayate clearly admits to Maria: "I'm sorry! I'll never even think about kidnapping!" Maria is pretty perceptive. She probably could put the fact that he said he'll "take her away" and the kidnapping part to understand what he meant to do.
Old 2007-08-30, 21:36   Link #58
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Watch episode 2 again. Hayate clearly admits to Maria: "I'm sorry! I'll never even think about kidnapping!" Maria is pretty perceptive. She probably could put the fact that he said he'll "take her away" and the kidnapping part to understand what he meant to do.
Ok then nm Maria, still I wonder how Nagi will take the news, she sorta has an idea from the debt.
Old 2007-08-30, 21:40   Link #59
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Nagi's moment would actually be a stage for her development. Pretty sure something could be made of that.
Old 2007-08-31, 02:00   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nagi will blow up, fire him, miss him, and rehire him.
Closed Thread