Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-13, 23:45   Link #1
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

more serious anime, but less depressing

hey,

sorry if this is redundant, spent half an hour looking through the old threads in this forum and didn't find a thread that exactly fit me (didn't help that my torrents are slowing down my page loading by 1000% :P).

the last five anime i watched are Narutaru, Escaflowne, Lain, Koi Kaze, and KGNE, with KGNE being the one I just finished. The endings of these shows don't exactly want to make me kill myself, but they haven't been the greatest pick-me-ups either. I'd like to watch something along the lines of these (serious storyline), but with a happy ending.

I don't mind fanservice/harem animes, as long as there is a story to go with it (i'll start love hina eventually), and i don't mind dramas either. In fact, throw anything you got at me as long as it is more upbeat than the series I have been watching. Just give me some suggestions before the last Elfen Lied episode comes out and I throw myself off a building

Thanks!

Last edited by cliff320; 2004-10-13 at 23:46. Reason: title revision
Old 2004-10-14, 00:02   Link #2
sothis

Kita he ~Diamond Dust Drops~

Boys Be

Hi no Tori (hm actually, this isn't very happy, but still good)

Stellvia of the Universe

hm.. it's hard finding happy ones .. heh
Old 2004-10-14, 00:10   Link #3
Sokar

I got a quick recommendation: Fruits Basket
It's got extremely dramatic moments, and also extremely hilarious ones. One epiosde you would be sad and then the next one you can't stop yourself from laughing. Everything concludes well too, pretty uplifting.
Old 2004-10-14, 00:31   Link #4
Shinobi
Ninjitsu Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
hm.. it's hard finding happy ones .. heh

haha, understandable...i just need one or two good ones to lift my spirits a little bit. KGNE was just so bittersweet the whole way through (I was rooting for Hayase not Haruka, I have no idea why, probably the blue hair or something). Thanks for your suggestions so far.

Everyone in at animesuki is so friendly, you guys are awesome. This is probably the most flame-free discussion board I've been to in a long time. Keep it up, and keep those suggestions coming!

Last edited by cliff320; 2004-10-14 at 00:31. Reason: typo
Old 2004-10-14, 03:50   Link #5
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Nah, Animesuki happens to have some of the strictest mods I've ever encountered. Trolls, spammers and fools tends to get banned or reprimanded rather quickly. So anyone who behaves [doesn't ask for raws/licenced links or give such links out] also tend to be blokes with something worthwhile to say.

Get Someday's Dreamers. It's licensed but is worth the money for the warm glow you feel at the end.

If you haven't seen Yugo the Negotiator then you must pick this up already. It's intelligent drama with politics, psychology and a guy with titanium steel bricks dealing with hostage takers and hostile governments. Has a good ending though at times you can't be too sure. Not licensed yet I believe.
Closed Thread