AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-01, 23:23   Link #13441
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
This is what I am clamping down on.

Look, I realize people are pissed at me so I'll just be upfront and clear as best as I can be. There are two elements of this topic that I believe are not useful to discussion on our forums. First, is the belief we never should have gone. Second, is the extreme display of national pride to the point of putting down anyone who disagrees with you.

Now I have no issue with people discussing things in civil terms. What does it mean now that he's dead, or is it really his body? That sort of stuff.

Posting just to cheer or jeer is not acceptable since such posts openly invite bad behavior. Simple as that. If such posts occur, report them instead of responding to them.
I doubt many are pissed, just trying to avoid a ban as so many of us are afraid of getting on this website, lol. So wanted to really figure out what's allowed and what's not.

Thanks for clearing that up a little, saying that, it certaintly deserves it's own thread then for civil discussion, but I'll leave that to someone else and pop back in here when things have calmed down some.

I suspect many Americans won't be sleeping tonight anyways...

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Old 2011-05-01, 23:29   Link #13442
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Public enemy #1 is dead... big deal. I'll tell you which one whould be a really good new out of this, to hear that the war is over and the soldiers at Iraq are going back home.
Would it be okay for me to consider the death of Osama the first step?
Or...
Old 2011-05-01, 23:30   Link #13443
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

It probably should have its own thread. I'll create one in a second.

EDIT: Threads up.
Old 2011-05-01, 23:34   Link #13444
Asuras
Dictadere~!

So the compound was surrounded by thick cement walls, and the mansion itself was nearly 8 times larger than any other house in the area. There were no communications into or out of the compound by electric way, and guards were stationed there.

How the hell does Pakistan not notice that?
Old 2011-05-01, 23:38   Link #13445
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
^ I'm feeling patriotic tonight, but I certainly am not shouting such extremes in the air.

So what I'm wondering now is Pakistan's credibility. Obama stated that they helped in finding him one way or another, but for gods sakes, he was in a mansion in their country! Who can we really trust?
It is a government vs Big Corp situation. The mansion was probably owned by some magnate or Al Qaeda sympathiser, so the government officials who want Osama dead probably had their hands tied.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-02, 05:10   Link #13446
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Buffett believes reputation after Sokol still intact
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...73T06920110501
It depend probably on how much memory peoples have or how much this ''affected'' them.
Old 2011-05-02, 05:28   Link #13447
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Buffett believes reputation after Sokol still intact
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...73T06920110501
It depend probably on how much memory peoples have or how much this ''affected'' them.
From a rational point of view, this is only 1 deal. BH has hundreds...so the company is still liquid.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-02, 15:57   Link #13448
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

All SOE MMO games and associated web portals/forums/shops are now down (in addition to the PS3 network compromise explosion)

http://maintenance.station.sony.com/

If you play any of these... you *might* want to keep an extra eye on whatever credit/debit card you use. With these big corporations underspending/understaffing on security measures for their customer accounts - those prepaid cards are starting to look like a 'better plan' for consumers.
Old 2011-05-02, 19:16   Link #13449
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

India and Pakistan agree to expand trade, rewrite the rules
http://blogs.reuters.com/pakistan/20...ite-the-rules/
Old 2011-05-02, 21:09   Link #13450
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
India and Pakistan agree to expand trade, rewrite the rules
http://blogs.reuters.com/pakistan/20...ite-the-rules/
Frankly, the more entangled India and Pakistan are economically, the less likely it is they'll be shooting at each other. That's with the caveat that Pakistan's government seems *really really* flaky with elements of its government operating in conflict with stated goals.
Old 2011-05-02, 22:25   Link #13451
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Frankly, the more entangled India and Pakistan are economically, the less likely it is they'll be shooting at each other. That's with the caveat that Pakistan's government seems *really really* flaky with elements of its government operating in conflict with stated goals.
I don't know what the two countries can be of trade deals to each other when most of their economy is done by Swat Valley and the Indian Mafia. *sarcastic*

Old 2011-05-02, 23:06   Link #13452
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't know what the two countries can be of trade deals to each other when most of their economy is done by Swat Valley and the Indian Mafia. *sarcastic*
Ummmmmmmmm, they can outsource their call centers to each other?

(that'll probably bring me a few brickbats)
Old 2011-05-02, 23:51   Link #13453
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hydrogen as a fuel source from water more likely that it was before. Still expensive due to the use of Platinum, but a newer method (using molybdenum sulfide) might change that.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...ogen?gt1=43001
Old 2011-05-03, 00:19   Link #13454
solomon

More PSN Hacking

Am I too late on the draw with this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13256817

Seems mainly non US users but still. How do you think this will affect sony?
Old 2011-05-03, 00:38   Link #13455
Nerroth
NePoi!

The results are in for the 2011 federal election in Canada; Conservatives get a majority, the NDP replace the Liberals as the official opposition, the Bloc implode, and the Greens get an MP out in BC.
Old 2011-05-03, 01:14   Link #13456
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
The results are in for the 2011 federal election in Canada; Conservatives get a majority, the NDP replace the Liberals as the official opposition, the Bloc implode, and the Greens get an MP out in BC.
Did they end up mudslinging each other with personal attacks instead of focusing on key issues during rallies and debates?

Old 2011-05-03, 01:20   Link #13457
solomon

Dude, the surprising thing is the Bloc Quebecois got OWNED in the provincials. That to me as an outsider is VERY surprising.
Old 2011-05-03, 02:56   Link #13458
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Dude, the surprising thing is the Bloc Quebecois got OWNED in the provincials. That to me as an outsider is VERY surprising.
I am very pleased by this; the NDP share most of the Bloc's position exept on the sovereign's fixation.
Old 2011-05-03, 03:07   Link #13459
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I think the Converatives managing a majority rather than a minority and the sudden NDP surge in the final weeks of the campaign are bigger surprises to most Canadians. The Bloc's support in recent years came not just from separatists, but also from federalists who were left leaning and wanted a left leaning counterweight to the Conservative party, but were pissed at the Liberals. These people were going to jump ship once they were once a federalist alternative was sufficiently well established in Quebec, and the NDP established itself as such this campaign.

As for the results... ugh. What's the point of electing a strong leftist opposition with a Conservative majority? It's not like Harper respect the opposition parties much even when he had a minority government.

We really need to either get proportional representation of some sort in the country (not happening) or merge the leftist parties. The latter is possible but with the NDP being so strong now I'd worry about it being too leftist - I prefer center-left politicians and I think they'd stand a better chance of siphoning votes from the Conservatives too.

Never had as much against the separatists as most Canadians, but still nice to see them go because it makes unifying the left easier. Kind of glad to see Ignatieff lose his seat - and likely, the Liberal leadership in the coming days - too, since while I identify as a Liberal, I'm a left leaning liberal, and he's too right leaning for my taste. Disappointed to see Ujjal Dosanjh lose in Vancouver South since he was always one of the strongest moderate voices in the Vancouver Sikh community.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-05-03, 03:35   Link #13460
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
As for the results... ugh. What's the point of electing a strong leftist opposition with a Conservative majority? It's not like Harper respect the opposition parties much even when he had a minority government.
For what I read, he didn't respect much the journalist as well...

About the ''proportionel'' I don't know if it's such good idea, looking at the result in Israel.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international