AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 6 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 31.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 36.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-05, 12:18   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa, Episode 10.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-09-05, 13:14   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I guess it is the best adaptation they could do, considering chapter 5 structure, it would be silly to go beyond that point.

In any case, here is the usual list of what's missing, for sake of investigation and curiosity

Spoiler for Missing parts for Episode 10:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-09-05 at 13:47.
Old 2013-09-05, 13:32   Link #3
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-09-05, 15:24   Link #4
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Spoiler for 10:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-09-05, 16:27   Link #5
Solitaired

Guess it's the last time we will get to see the ED.
Old 2013-09-06, 08:53   Link #6
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The 16th student was NOT in the ED picture... strange. So maybe she is alive after all? Or she was not part of the actual class.
Old 2013-09-06, 09:28   Link #7
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The 16th student was NOT in the ED picture... strange. So maybe she is alive after all? Or she was not part of the actual class.
I don't think she can appear in the ED picture yet since, well, her face isn't yet revealed, you know...

While it's true that the ED picture had shown only the ones who had died (except Naegi) until now, I wouldn't put my trust entirely on the ED picture, anyway. I'll see how it goes

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2013-09-06, 09:33   Link #8
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I also noticed that the "survivor counter" was not shown this episode... more and more I got the feeling that the "dead person" may be alive after all...
Old 2013-09-06, 09:46   Link #9
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I also noticed that the "survivor counter" was not shown this episode... more and more I got the feeling that the "dead person" may be alive after all...
They even showed the counter when it didn't change last time.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-09-06, 10:21   Link #10
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Personally I thought this epi was great, had a lot of info in it and we do finally find out that it's being broadcast.

Very interested to see how the trial goes since everyone was together when Fukawa found the corpse, cept Kirigiri (who seems to be the Super Duper Amnesiac Student?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone
Agreed, considering someone went to all the trouble to build PyschoBear, it wouldnt surprise me at all if the body was also a fake.

So 16th student could possibly be the Mastermind, so then were is the Principal?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2013-09-06, 11:46   Link #11
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Personally I thought this epi was great, had a lot of info in it and we do finally find out that it's being broadcast.

Very interested to see how the trial goes since everyone was together when Fukawa found the corpse, cept Kirigiri (who seems to be the Super Duper Amnesiac Student?)

Agreed, considering someone went to all the trouble to build PyschoBear, it wouldnt surprise me at all if the body was also a fake.

So 16th student could possibly be the Mastermind, so then were is the Principal?
i bet my coins which the body is the principal, the 16th student killed Principal and used her body(principal is a woman) to fake her own death.
Old 2013-09-06, 12:29   Link #12
ChampDream
Alive

great episode
I really want to know what Kirigiri found.
Old 2013-09-06, 12:31   Link #13
Solitaired

With the story heading towards the finale and only 3 episodes left. Maybe you guys should rewatch from the beginning again to pick out the clues that are not related to the murders but the academy instead.
Old 2013-09-06, 13:08   Link #14
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Because Viewers Are Goldfish? That's rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
They even showed the counter when it didn't change last time.
It DID change last time. It went up by one. (With a question mark)
Old 2013-09-06, 14:25   Link #15
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It DID change last time. It went up by one. (With a question mark)
Last time it didn't change = survior amount

That being said the survivor count was shown in EP 1, yet it didn't change

Old 2013-09-06, 15:51   Link #16
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh I thought you were referring to last episode.
Old 2013-09-06, 18:32   Link #17
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Just finished the episode and was really surprised with the twists and turns being presented in this one. Anyway...

Ahem:

You are now watching Despair TV~

Those were my thoughts when they figured out that everything that has happened up until now with the murders, trials, and executions were all for the sake of broadcasting them to a worldwide audience. If this is a public broadcast being showcased on broader mediums why isn't the police or general public reacting to this, a good point brought up by Asahina. It seems there's more to this than simply broadcasting "despair", but as of now we can't really say much at this point.

Looks like my theory on Mukuro Ikusaba being a woman was corrected (I didn't look it up), simply because if you count the male to females in a tally you'll see my point. Anyway, for her to sporadically show up and then die really is disappointing because I want to see what kind of character she was behind the mask. To be killed off after being known about her and the importance she holds is really lackluster. I mean "Super High School Level Despair" currently sounds "Final Boss or "Main Hencemen" material, but now feels like she's been brushed aside as a filler character; A "Girl A" or "Passerby 1" so to speak.

What's with the two years ago nonsense? We know about the incident one year ago, but is there more to it than that. Oh well, anyways for now, we have another Class Trials on our hands and it'll be interesting to see who out of the remaining 6 killed Mukuro; why and how.

The ED song was really weird considering that Hagakure, Togami, Asahina, and Kirigiri have been added, but no Mukuro. It's understandable since her corpse got desecrated beyond belief. I wonder what she looked like. I hope she's a cutey, potentially evil, but hopefully a cutey none the less.
Old 2013-09-06, 19:31   Link #18
zetsubo666

Well done episode, interested to see where they will go with the next trial I doubt they will add "that" part in. Will they repeat what they did with the 3rd case? do a 5 mins investigation and 10 mins trial?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-09-06 at 19:41. Reason: nope.
Old 2013-09-06, 21:52   Link #19
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Just finished the episode and was really surprised with the twists and turns being presented in this one. Anyway...

Ahem:

You are now watching Despair TV~

Those were my thoughts when they figured out that everything that has happened up until now with the murders, trials, and executions were all for the sake of broadcasting them to a worldwide audience. If this is a public broadcast being showcased on broader mediums why isn't the police or general public reacting to this, a good point brought up by Asahina. It seems there's more to this than simply broadcasting "despair", but as of now we can't really say much at this point.
If it was being marketed as "a reality show of despair" this whole time, you would think that some kind of waiver or pre-clearance form would have been signed prior to enrollment at Hope's Peak, with or without the knowledge of the student, that wouldn't make the school liable for what was going on inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Looks like my theory on Mukuro Ikusaba being a woman was corrected (I didn't look it up), simply because if you count the male to females in a tally you'll see my point. Anyway, for her to sporadically show up and then die really is disappointing because I want to see what kind of character she was behind the mask. To be killed off after being known about her and the importance she holds is really lackluster. I mean "Super High School Level Despair" currently sounds "Final Boss or "Main Hencemen" material, but now feels like she's been brushed aside as a filler character; A "Girl A" or "Passerby 1" so to speak.
It's a shame they killed Mukuro off after just one episode, but something just doesn't seem right when looking at her corpse. I would give my thoughts about some observations I made (as a first time viewer), but to avoid getting into trouble again later, I will just say I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what the remaining students managed to uncover in the next classroom trial.

Old 2013-09-07, 02:48   Link #20
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Showing Kirigiri in the end like that was mean. My heart dropped when I saw her.

"Two years ago"

Hm...

If none of the students knew about the Biggest and Baddest yadda-yadda before going to Kibougamine, that would imply that it happened after they got there. Yet based on Hifumi's dying words and what Klashikari said about what was left out this episode (the pick-axe) it sounds like they had some happy times there before the despair event.

In the first-time speculation thread, we've been speculating that they all have amnesia about a significant period (this would also explain why Kirigiri has amnesia; she got a higher dose of whatever or was more susceptible to it). Perhaps that lost time is two years.

For that period to be important to Monokuma's controller, perhaps the controller is a fellow student. Such as, say, Ikusaba Mukuro.

Which then raises the question of who's the corpse, if not Mukuro? I'm going to bet that that corpse used to be Monokuma's original controller and that Mukuro, previously Monokuma's "trump card," has seized control for herself.
Closed Thread