AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2015-10-04, 03:01   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Accel World: Infinite Burst (Original Anime) - News & Anticipation

From ANN courtesy of Dengeki Online:

Quote:
A stage event at the Dengeki Bunko Autumn Festival 2015 event revealed on Sunday that Reki Kawahara's Accel World light novel series is inspiring a new anime project titled Accel World: Infinite Burst. Kawahara is writing the story for the original new anime, and it will feature new characters. The event showed footage for the new anime, but did not specify its format.
Old 2015-10-04, 03:18   Link #2
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Original? Hmm, he's also doing one for the SAO movie. Please be good and who knows, maybe there's an easter egg which further links the series together.
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 04:11   Link #3
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Spoiler for Reaction:
Old 2015-10-04, 04:15   Link #4
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
From ANN courtesy of Dengeki Online:
so we have no idea if it could be on original tv anime from the looks of it looks like that to me
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 04:22   Link #5
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Trailer for the anime:

Accel World: Infinite Burst
Old 2015-10-04, 04:56   Link #6
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Spoiler for Reaction:
This is actually a problem.
Spoiler:

Anyway, IMO both SAO and AC original movies are bad idea. They should just adapt more LN, not create something like this.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 05:14   Link #7
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Spoiler:

Anyway, IMO both SAO and AC original movies are bad idea. They should just adapt more LN, not create something like this.
I am guessing Kadokawa received too many complaints about recent adaptatiosn butchering, if not outright deleting key events of the source material. Remember, LN anime exists to promote the original LN. They now want to see if making an original anime based on the LN would increase the interest of the watchers to buy the LN's.
Old 2015-10-04, 05:15   Link #8
darkone45

Quote:
Spoiler:

they never said if AW is a movie or an ova or a TV series they never stated that
Old 2015-10-04, 05:17   Link #9
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I am guessing Kadokawa received too many complaints about recent adaptatiosn butchering, if not outright deleting key events of the source material. Remember, LN anime exists to promote the original LN. They now want to see if making an original anime based on the LN would increase the interest of the watchers to buy the LN's.
as far as I know Accel world followed the source material to a T even having Haruyuki talking to himself
Old 2015-10-04, 05:30   Link #10
darkone45

I remember now Tokyo ghoul root A was a complete original TV anime I think this what this is with Accel world
Old 2015-10-04, 07:17   Link #11
tsunade666

not a second season?

I thought it would be a second season.
Old 2015-10-04, 08:28   Link #12
Random14

At first I was excited to hear about more Accel World anime, wasn't expecting it after this long. AW was never as high profile as SAO.

Now, it looks like its... not adaptation? Damn, was looking forward to volume 5 and onwards being animated (especially after having to put up with volume 3/4). So, doesn't sound like another season, but maybe an OAV or something like that?

Spoiler for light novel references:
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:54   Link #13
Frontier

When I saw that we were finally, finally, getting an Accel World anime continuation, I have to say I really happy and excited because I enjoyed the original series so much (alongside SAO) .

Though I admit that learning it's an original anime and not a proper season 2 kinda tempered my excitement, if only because I was hoping to see the series pick up from where it left off anime-wise and I'm not sure what direction they'll be taking it in now. I'm also curious if this is a movie, like SAO is also getting, or another OVA instead of an anime series ?

I'd rather they not just skip ahead in the novels, though the cast of characters they've featured in the PV seem to imply that they might be. Maybe this original anime content is incorporating the stories of future novels into a new narrative, or something in that vein?

Still, it's really great to see the cast again and the animation looked pretty awesome! It's good to see Kuroyukihime and Haru again .
Old 2015-10-04, 12:51   Link #14
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
They should just adapt more LN, not create something like this.
I disagree. This is a good thing because that means less spoilers for those who haven't read the novels yet (American fans reading official translations, people new to the franchise, etc) and it proves that Accel World has a good enough premise that it doesn't have to adapt the source material to be good.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 15:22   Link #15
NovelReader

Spoiler for :
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 01:00   Link #16
AdrianWernerGOL

New story? Seems fun.
AdrianWernerGOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 03:38   Link #17
Flere821
Lurker

Okaaay, original anime huh Judging by the short stories written for Comiket and BD specials and whatever, whatever is being thrown out probably won't be that bad (though I reserve judgment for when it actually comes out, spinoffs tend to suck). Wish the anime actually brought in the characters in the series proper though, in case newbies mistaken some of the old allies of KYH for OCs.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 08:29   Link #18
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Okaaay, original anime huh Judging by the short stories written for Comiket and BD specials and whatever, whatever is being thrown out probably won't be that bad (though I reserve judgment for when it actually comes out, spinoffs tend to suck). Wish the anime actually brought in the characters in the series proper though, in case newbies mistaken some of the old allies of KYH for OCs.
I am guessing this would be fanservice for LN readers at best. From the looks of it, it occurs within the latest volumes. Another option is that what previous posters said that it is an original anime but using key events from the LN. Like what happened recently with the adaptations of Kuroshitsuji, Tokyo Ghoul and World Trigger.
Old 2015-10-06, 00:23   Link #19
Boukenxha

Unlike the news of original SAO movie, it's sad that this announcement is not for S2. S1 already seem so long ago and we have plenty of material stocked up. I guess getting something new is better than nothing, for AW's popularity could not ever match that of SAO.

Seeing new characters in the trailer has me concerned. Not sure how much we'll see them in this original story but it's a shame if they are going to jump right in to the action instead of getting the proper introduction they would have.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 20:49   Link #20
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Apparent Interview details from Kawahara
新作「AW」
・小説最新刊より未来の話
・できる限り多くのキャラクターに見せ場を作って、彼らの戦うシーンを描きたい
・新キャラクターは主人公というより物語にきっかけを与える平均的なプレイヤー
・三年ぶりにアフレコに立ち会ったが三澤さんは今回は安定感があってすごかった

Ads are NSFW: http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/71067
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote