AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-03-28, 13:19   Link #1141
tsunade666

if its only pure energy then it will just explode in a form of energy like material burst. Practically the control of temperature or the control of heat on an object is hax if its played right.

Its reminds me of the debate when Uiharu's ability to control the temperature. A level 1 that anything she touches, the temperature of the object will stay the same.

For level its hard to gouge the right power for level. it can be tested in terms of destructiveness, effectiveness or control.

it depends on how you put it in a category and if it excel on that part then it can quality as a level 4.

if the explosion of heat when its been released can toast a roam or a part of the building, then yes, its probably at least a level 4 (on the lower part of it)
Old 2013-03-28, 13:23   Link #1142
Haigon

Theories about Uiharu's ability recalls me so much of Needless, especially beacause there is a Saten on the history.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 13:33   Link #1143
tsunade666

^lol true.

if you remove the heat then the molecules will stop moving and the matter will freeze, while increasing the heat will melt it or active the cells or molecules to much that it will start regenerating or moving faster but in enhance pace it will eventually break down

lots of potential danger in that department.
Old 2013-03-28, 17:32   Link #1144
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I role play a lot I had a esper with the ability "Stasis" which is basically the inverse of accelerator nullify any scalar forces on a object

Which can be used on a lot of ways

Time freeze (time stop)
Cut anything
Turn invulnerable

and a lot middle of the road powers

For magic I like dungeons system, slayers chaos words system, and negima spells.

Slayers is a series done right in its power level even if the high tier magic are absurd even by most mages settings... giga slave is basically a "unmake creation spell".
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 20:41   Link #1145
tsunade666

but giga slave is a dangerous spell that what, Lina only cast it twice? in the series. Though ragna blade was spam on the high tier mazoku like the priest, general or lord.

Spell words is a problem for me when dealing with magic. Unlike with science. Just rack your brain on type of physics that you want to smash or play with and your set. But for magic, making a good spell words or chant is the same for me when forming the magic.
Old 2013-03-28, 20:43   Link #1146
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Shall we do an experiment then? One of us picks a certain myth from anywhere in the world and the rest of us has to come up with a spell relative to it ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 20:44   Link #1147
Phibrizzo
Honos628

In the novel she cast it 4 times

A trial in a lake
Vs Shabranigdu-Rezo (imperfect version)
Vs Phibrizzo (imperfect version)
Vs Phibrizzo (perfect version... he kill her mid cast)

Ragna blade its a dangerous spell as normal enemies are to fast to be hit... she needs to bind them normally and it doesn't really work on Lords or bigger fish.

(I am talking of the novel).
Old 2013-03-28, 20:53   Link #1148
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
if its only pure energy then it will just explode in a form of energy like material burst. Practically the control of temperature or the control of heat on an object is hax if its played right.

Its reminds me of the debate when Uiharu's ability to control the temperature. A level 1 that anything she touches, the temperature of the object will stay the same.

For level its hard to gouge the right power for level. it can be tested in terms of destructiveness, effectiveness or control.

it depends on how you put it in a category and if it excel on that part then it can quality as a level 4.

if the explosion of heat when its been released can toast a roam or a part of the building, then yes, its probably at least a level 4 (on the lower part of it)

It is level 4 because it can freeze large object, the limiting factor that prevented it from reaching level 5 is the AIM field..... which draw heat from environment since the heat has to go somewhere.... so the Esper end up absorbing the heat into his body.

Normally his AIM does not affect him from his daily activities but if he planned to use his power in summer, he need to prepare lots of water to keep him cool because his AIM field does absorb some of the "liberated" heat.

On the plus side, it keep him warm during Winter.
On the downside, using his power in a hot desert condition will result in heat injuries.

Edit: Why I was considering this power as thermal hand rather than Cryo Hand:

Themal = Heat
Hand = Telekinetic (in Academy City's classification)

Combine the two = movement of heat through the use of Telekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Shall we do an experiment then? One of us picks a certain myth from anywhere in the world and the rest of us has to come up with a spell relative to it ?
Let see..... Lady of the Lake (from King Aurthur)?

I think that is a easy one to start with

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-03-28 at 21:13.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 21:06   Link #1149
tsunade666

^spell to walk on water, to slay dragons, to have divine protection from the fae, and light spell blast that can vanquish the opponent.

need spell words here.
Old 2013-03-28, 21:17   Link #1150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Let see..... Lady of the Lake (from King Aurthur)?

I think that is a easy one to start with
Oh good, I'm not familiar with Arthurian thingies so this would be a good test. I'm going by stuff that I've quickly dug up from google and wiki, and absolutely zero stuff from F/SN

Well the most obvious thing that stands out for the Lady of the Lake is her giving King Arthur the Excalibur sword. But remember that Excalibur is not the Sword in the Stone that proves Arthur is the son of King Uther pendragon- that has nothing to do with the Lady of the Lake. Excalibur is a sword that is apparently derives from the Welsh Caledfwlch which combines the elements caled ("battle, hard"), and bwlch ("breach, gap, notch"), from what I could tell it is
  • Unbreakable
  • Protects the wielder from bleeding to death
  • Binding Golden Light

But that is only if we focus on Arthur's story, but if we talk about just the Lady of the Lake, there's is something else to consider. Different writers and copyists give her name variously as Nimue, Viviane, Elaine, Niniane, Nivian, Nyneve, Evienne and other variations.

Quote:
The Lancelot-Grail Cycle provides a backstory for the Lady of the Lake, "Viviane", in the prose Merlin section, which takes place before the Lancelot Proper, though it was written later. There, Viviane learns her magic from Merlin, who becomes enamored of her. She refuses to give him her love until he has taught her all his secrets, after which she uses her power to trap him either in the trunk of a tree or beneath a stone, depending on the story and author. Regardless of the specific version, Merlin is unable to counteract Viviane because of his foresight; because of such an ability and the "truth" it holds, he decides to do nothing for his situation other than to continue to teach her his secrets until she takes the opportunity to entrap and entomb him in a tree, a stone or a cave.
From here you could say that the Lake of the Lake is a seducing character that traps magicians and bind them to her will as she steals/learns their spells from them.

Quote:
The Post-Vulgate Cycle's second Lady of the Lake is called "Ninianne", and her story is nearly identical to the one in the Lancelot-Grail, though it adds her bestowal of Excalibur to Arthur. Sir Thomas Malory also uses both Ladies of the Lake in his Le Morte d'Arthur; he leaves the first one unnamed and calls the second one Nimue. Malory's original Lady is presented as an early benefactor of King Arthur who grants him Excalibur when his original sword is damaged. She is later beheaded by Sir Balin as a result of a kin feud between them (she blames him for the death of her brother and he blames her for the death of his mother) and a dispute over an enchanted sword.
She can be killed by beheading, implying that she isn't an immortal. But more importantly she was killed by a Knight so

Knight > Lady > Magician ?

Quote:
Both characters appear in many other episodes of Malory's work. Each time the Lady reappears, it is always at a pivotal moment of the episode, establishing the importance of her character within Arthurian literature, especially Le Morte d'Arthur. In that work, she transcends any notoriety attached to her character by aiding Arthur and other knights to succeed in their endeavors.[2] After enchanting Merlin, Malory's Nimue replaces him as Arthur's adviser. She becomes the lover and eventual wife of Sir Pelleas and mother to his son Guivret. After the Battle of Camlann, she reclaims Excalibur when it is thrown into the lake by Sir Bedivere. Nimue is one of the four queens who bear the wounded Arthur away to Avalon, a setting tied to the Lady of the Lake in some literary traditions.
Carries the wounded King away to Avalon... A sanctuary? A protective alternative reality field?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-03-28 at 21:30.
Old 2013-03-28, 21:23   Link #1151
judasmartel
*Author

Just remember, magic incantations don't need to be spoken words. Stiyl and Oriana have their spells written on cards.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 21:30   Link #1152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Looking at it, I think I might have written a lot more than I have intended- Especially if it was to show that magic spells are easy
Old 2013-03-28, 22:03   Link #1153
tsunade666

you can create a lot of sets of authority for the lady of the lake with that much information.

EDIT:

in the topic of authority and magic. How did one legend connect with the others?

I want to find a god/goddess that has connection with love/fertility and space/earth. A treacherous one or a legend that has origin with betrayal or at least connected to it is preferable. Is there a legend like that?

Last edited by tsunade666; 2013-03-28 at 22:22.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 22:55   Link #1154
Phibrizzo
Honos628

You can take lancelot way, arthur and hell even singing sword if you want from there to create spiritual weapons.
Old 2013-03-28, 22:58   Link #1155
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
you can create a lot of sets of authority for the lady of the lake with that much information.
The Lady of the Lake... Lets go with 'Elaine', since I like that name.

• Can wield Excalibur, but not the broken version.
  • Uses generic water base magic.
  • Uses refraction to bend light to confuse enemy with her sword, main gimmick
  • Specialty in enclosed field magic, whether it's to imprison or to protect.
  • Anti-magic character, weak against swords or melee.

There, a mid level magician nice and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
EDIT:

in the topic of authority and magic. How did one legend connect with the others?

I want to find a god/goddess that has connection with love/fertility and space/earth. A treacherous one or a legend that has origin with betrayal or at least connected to it is preferable. Is there a legend like that?
You're thinking of Campione?

Take the Lady again,

Quote:
There, Viviane learns her magic from Merlin, who becomes enamored of her. She refuses to give him her love until he has taught her all his secrets, after which she uses her power to trap him either in the trunk of a tree or beneath a stone, depending on the story and author.
So we have a water-base 'fairy' who traps men with her beauty, you can connect that with Sirens or Mermaids.

In fact, that might be a really good idea.
Old 2013-03-28, 23:07   Link #1156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hey Phibrizzo or pretty much anyone else, try to make a magician out of this one for size

CYBELE

Quote:
Cybele is the deity of Phrygia that represents the idea of a mother goddess, similar to Gaia of the Greeks. Cybele is also associated with various natural elements, including wildlife and vegetation.
Quote:
In Greece, Cybele was a protector of several city-states, one of which is Athens. Her most celebrated Greek rites and processions showed her as a foreign and exotic mystery-goddess. She arrives in a lion-drawn chariot to the accompaniment of wild music, wine, and a disorderly, ecstatic following. She was unique amongst deities worshipped by the Greeks as she had a transgendered, or eunuch, priesthood. Many of her Greek cults included rites to a divine, castrated, Phrygian shepherd-consort known as Attis. She is associated with mountains, town and city walls, fertile nature and wild animals, namely lions.
Quote:
In Rome she was known as Magna Mater, meaning Great Mother. They would reinvent her as a Trojan goddess, which made her a goddess ancestor of the Roman people by way of the Trojan prince Aeneas. With Rome's eventual dominance over the Mediterranean, a Roman version of Cybele's cult would spread throughout the entire empire.
Old 2013-03-28, 23:56   Link #1157
Miraluka
Banned

You're not doing it bad there, guys.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 00:08   Link #1158
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I will try tomorrow I need to finish something on a wiki, finish a paragon critter for a campaign... ohh the look on the players would be delicious
Old 2013-03-29, 00:54   Link #1159
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

You're thinking of Campione?

Take the Lady again,

So we have a water-base 'fairy' who traps men with her beauty, you can connect that with Sirens or Mermaids.

In fact, that might be a really good idea.
then I'll take on the lady as one of the 4.

but I'll still needed at least 3 more.

The type of god/goddess that I'm looking for,

the first one is a vicious, merciless, wicked and like rabid god. The type that is pure malevolent of evil or so his exterior projects but the truth is his legend might be shrouded by his/her wildness and craziness but he/she is kind in the inside and has a connection to healing or revitalization or resurrection or maybe reincarnation. I need an authority that can be both dangerous and can heal. I don't plan to do the kiss thing to just heal someone (though maybe not all the time )

the other god is a god of trickery and not Loki (yet, have plans for that guy) I'm looking for a god that is known for his kindness to his people that he/she ended up being sacrifice or betraying the people for his wicked plan. A god of betrayal and destruction.

Finally is a god of pure evil that the other gods even are scared of him. The authority that can be usurped are the likes that aim to KILL or corrupt a weapon to deal inside and out damage.

That's for the gods/goddesses that I seek.

I plan to use science side weapon instead of esper abilities because I like them more so expect dragon rider back in action or a knightmare frame that Telistina used ah ah I'm having much fun planning this thing. But I really suck at planning the magic that will be usurped because most of the time I plan to use the same thing index verse where they usually don't rely on pure ability to win.
Old 2013-03-29, 01:05   Link #1160
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Why are you doing Campione stuff here ?

Tags
hard science