AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-07-22, 13:24   Link #17741
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Arceon
I usually don't really consider many of those CGs hard to do. I honestly don't mind. Long as I get help.

Also for a small update. Some prelims for Itsuki and Itsuko sprites. I'd normally post a finished product, but Photoshop hates me and my SAI trial ran out, so it may be a bit before I finish coloring. Unless someone else wants to do it.

Spoiler for Itsuki/Itsuko:
Old 2009-07-22, 13:38   Link #17742
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Humm... Itsuki is ok, but Itsuko is a bit... strange. The face is the problem, I think. Ah, remember that they are using the summer uniform.

Another problem is that your art is quite different from Binjovi's. Well, I guess Photoshop/SAI can fix it. What is you problem with photoshop, by the way?

Ah, I am working on the script right now. To match with Canada's art direction. If no one post in the between, I will edit this post commenting his direction and saying what I have changed from it(and if I should be more faithfull to him).
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 13:54   Link #17743
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I would love so many CG. The more better. However, I am questioning if we realy need so many on the very start. There are any onther VN that give so many so early?
Why do we care what other VNs have done?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 15:11   Link #17744
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Why do we care what other VNs have done?
Good point.

Ok, I changed my script to follow Canada's art directions. It wasn't too different, so it was kinda easy.

However, I desagree in some point that I will post here. I will ultimatly change if the majority/Danchou agree that is better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaAotS
Spoiler for September the First, Day 0, Universe 1: Morning- The End of Eight:
This scene is a long monologue. So, too fell more "dinamic", I change it. Kyon spend just a little on his kitchen. Then he goes out, in a "Way to School" background (It will be necessery eventually anyway). Then he arrives at school in a “Outside the School” (same as before). He goes to the kitchen after "You know what? Never mind.". To the streets after "…Hilarious." and arrives school after "Nothing special about me whatsoever.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada
Spoiler for September the First, Day Zero, Universe 1: Restaurant- This Isn't a Date!:
I am not sure what you mean by "Several in-show scenes feature this."
Anyway, I changed the scenes after "I guess I'll head down to the mall by Kitaguchi Station." and "Guess I should go make sure she's not causing trouble for anybody". And only showed Haruhi after "Yo, Haruhi." (I also added a screen shake effect here. Edit: now just Haruhi shake)

Here I didn't understand. When should I change to the Way Home? I put just after "...of course, 'normal' is relative."

Quote:
Spoiler for September the First, Day Zero, Universe A: Morning- Another End, Another Eight:
Same issue as the equivalent scene. I am assuming that her room is different from Kyon's, as discussed. I haven't changed the green text yet, however (in any scene). Too troblesome. I may take an intire day to do it so I will not work on it today.

Quote:
Spoiler for Restaurant- Don't Waste Food:
I only showed Haruki when he speaks here.

Quote:
Spoiler for Classroom- Shoutacon:
For the greentext rant I was going with the TV static. Your idea might be good, but, eh, what is "tint"?

Quote:
Spoiler for September the First, Day Zero, Night – Both Universes:
The "Our Room- Parallel Connection" is the only scene of Day 0 I haven't done yet. This is because the dual text is kinda hard and I didn't know how to do. Anyway, I will not change much here. However, when the kyons appear, it will be just for 0.3 seconds, just before the "Huh?" and "Eh?"

For the Prologue, dispite our previous discussion, I will not change anything. For the code, it don't matter what image will appear, but when. My version is the same as your's. It will end with an animation of all previous images looping until you end the scene.

We haven't done the Day One yet. As I said, the greentext is incomplete for now. The same goes for the TV effects, I am still waiting for the images. (Joe? Where are you )

Oh, I have a new image request. This game is going to have a "Skip Scene" feature, just like Fate/Stay Night. I need a background for when we ask the player if he want to skip it. This could also be used as background for the menus (I am not in hurry with this one. It is best wait for the menu desings).

Well, that is it. Your directions are very helpfull, Canada. It might be a good idea you donwload the Renpy. So you could actually see how is going. You could, then, extend you art direction for the scene transition (is hard explain them by fórum).

*e*
Oh, I have forgot to ask. In the parallel scene, you said about two text box, one above the other. What I have discussed with danchou, however, was using the same box but with the two lines being displayed at same time. Whith one is better?

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-07-22 at 19:14.
Old 2009-07-22, 17:08   Link #17745
Sherby~
herp derp

I'm thinking about giving the sprites a shot.

But first, what kinds of expressions do you need from each of the sprites? It'd be helpful to know since most VNs tend to have sprites with changing facial expressions or postures.
Old 2009-07-22, 17:38   Link #17746
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherby~ View Post
But first, what kinds of expressions do you need from each of the sprites? It'd be helpful to know since most VNs tend to have sprites with changing facial expressions or postures.
Lots.

Don't ask me, I'm just the writer.

AotS has a list of needed sprites, I'm pretty sure.

Personally, I think we should have one of Kyonko blushing, since she's so prone to it and all.

Anyway.

Spoiler for September the Third, Day 2, Universe 1: Lunchtime: Another Hallway- The Way of the Nanpa:

Despite the fact that I think this is the worst thing I've done in a while, I had fun writing it.

Please comment and enjoy. More later.

Edit: Yes, the flowchart is in error. The Itsuko point should be moved from Water Flea to D Rank.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-04-01 at 05:21.
Old 2009-07-22, 17:50   Link #17747
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Spoiler for September the Third, Day 2, Universe 1: Lunchtime: Another Hallway- The Way of the Nanpa:
GAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

So. Freaking. AWESOME!!
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 18:16   Link #17748
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I personally never got the impression that Kunikida was as pushy as depicted here. Extremely funny though.

(LOL At Kyonko being A rank)
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 18:17   Link #17749
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I personally never got the impression that Kunikida was as pushy as depicted here.
Yes, I know.

I apologize. If you can suggest anything else, I'd be glad to hear it.

I just can't write Kunikida worth a damn, since he's SUCH a nonentity.

Quote:
(LOL At Kyonko being A rank)
She is! She's adorable.
Old 2009-07-22, 18:18   Link #17750
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Yes, I know.

I apologize. If you can suggest anything else, I'd be glad to hear it.

I just can't write Kunikida worth a damn, since he's SUCH a nonentity.
I dunno. Keep him as a nonentity? Most of the time he stays politely detached from most things.

Didn't Yuki only get a B rank? What was the difference?
Old 2009-07-22, 18:22   Link #17751
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I dunno. Keep him as a nonentity? Most of the time he stays politely detached from most things.
You need to reread the novels, specifically the later ones. I remember him clamouring for a taste of Mikuru's Valentine's Chocolate along with the rest of her fanboys.

...Sigh. I'll just leave this to Jintor.

Quote:
Didn't Yuki only get a B rank? What was the difference?
A-. She's an A rank, as Taniguchi remembers her full name.
Old 2009-07-22, 18:25   Link #17752
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
You need to reread the novels, specifically the later ones. I remember him clamouring for a taste of Mikuru's Valentine's Chocolate along with the rest of her fanboys.

...Sigh. I'll just leave this to Jintor.
Which makes him an ordinary hormone driven teenage male.

As opposed to Taniguchi, who is an extraordinarily hormone driven teenage male.

Quote:
A-. She's an A rank, as Taniguchi remembers her full name.
Ah, you are right.
Old 2009-07-22, 18:25   Link #17753
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... so... does Tsuruya only get a B to avoid the problem of Tanigawa being forced into giving her a full name?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 18:28   Link #17754
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
... so... does Tsuruya only get a B to avoid the problem of Tanigawa being forced into giving her a full name?
No. Tsuruya is probably in the A range as well.

However just because Taniguchi has memorized her name doesn't mean he has to say it to the audience.
Old 2009-07-22, 18:31   Link #17755
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Which makes him an ordinary hormone driven teenage male.
If you missed it, he's only acting that pushy because of Itsuko, who is pretty much a supermodel, looks-wise. (You'll notice he's complaining about how stupid this all is up until then.)

Kunikida is... overwhelmed. As most males would be.

Taniguchi isn't because he's Taniguchi and his first reaction to anything good looking is to hit on it.

Itsuko, by the way, is easily AAA+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Taniguchi only memorized the names of first-year girls.
Old 2009-07-22, 18:40   Link #17756
Heatth

This on was hilarious. I realy don't know why didn't you like it.

Yamada and Kentarô from Canada (don't) speaking Swedish is particularly awesome.

But, from the Flowchart, the "The Persistent Water Flea" is supposed to give more points with Itsuko then "D Rank". Why this? Itsuko doesn't seens very impressed with Kyonko's sullution on "TPWF". (why points with kyonko matter for Kyon, BTW?)
Old 2009-07-22, 18:43   Link #17757
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Points Kyonko gains for Itsuko DON'T matter for Kyon, which is the point.

And yes, the flowchart is retroactively in error. The point should be moved to D Rank.
Old 2009-07-22, 18:59   Link #17758
Heatth

Quote:
Points Kyonko gains for Itsuko DON'T matter for Kyon, which is the point.

And yes, the flowchart is retroactively in error. The point should be moved to D Rank.
Ah, it is not? Makes sense. Oh, I see, seeing the flowchart, most requeriment of going for her route is have talked to her on Day 4.

Ok. It would be a good idea edit the post latter, so it will not be mixed on the script. A good idea would be you saying the effects of the choices on your posts, like you did on "Totally Unreasonable".

*e*
I just notice, it is a archive error or Jintor didn't edited the "Parallel Conections"?
Old 2009-07-22, 19:06   Link #17759
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
If you missed it, he's only acting that pushy because of Itsuko, who is pretty much a supermodel, looks-wise. (You'll notice he's complaining about how stupid this all is up until then.)

Kunikida is... overwhelmed. As most males would be.

Taniguchi isn't because he's Taniguchi and his first reaction to anything good looking is to hit on it.

Itsuko, by the way, is easily AAA+.
Good point.

Which really makes Taniguchi kinda pathetic. He gets set off so easily he can't even really appreciate it when he runs into gold
Old 2009-07-22, 19:43   Link #17760
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Which really makes Taniguchi kinda pathetic. He gets set off so easily he can't even really appreciate it when he runs into gold
Taniguchi has always been pathetic. He couldn't even keep Haruhi more than five minutes.

Without further ado:

Spoiler for September the Third, Day 2, Universe 1: After School- Clubroom: Totally Cancelled:

Read, review, etc.

The last choice triggers the "TotallyIgnored" variable, which is used on Day 3.

Yes, Danchou, another variable.

Most likely all for today.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan