AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-09-12, 00:05   Link #441
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You mean make the series a solid blend of action, comedy, drama, have well developed and interesting characters with a web of character relationships and subplots and consistant high quality animation. I'd love it if they do that.
Gundam Seed -> Destiny
My-HiME -> Otome -> My-HiME Destiny?

Both by $unrise, both the same production teams and I think popular opinion indicates the former was better than the sequel, especially in the case of Seed->Destiny. Both sequels were also plagued by "recycling", especially the case with Destiny.

I'm hoping Shana won't be a repeat of past disasters (in my eyes)!
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 01:39   Link #442
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyasian224 View Post
ima little confused so wait.. we can talk about our anticipation for the serious but not about fansubs?
You may talk about both, but i would appreciate if the 'discussion' does not rotate solely around fansubs, as that was the route it seemed to take yesterday
Old 2007-09-12, 09:28   Link #443
Devard

Source:
Quote:
1. JOINT
TVアニメ「灼眼のシャナ2」オープニングテーマ
作詞:川田まみ / 作曲:中沢伴行 / 編曲:中沢伴行、尾崎武士
2. triangle
TVアニメ「灼眼のシャナ2」オープニングテーマ
作詞:川田まみ / 作・編曲:高瀬一矢
3. JOINT(Instrumental)
4. triangle(Instrumental)
Did anyone else notice that it says "オープニングテーマ" for both tracks? I'm guessing it's a typo?
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 12:49   Link #444
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Gundam Seed -> Destiny
My-HiME -> Otome -> My-HiME Destiny?

Both by Sunrise, both the same production teams and I think popular opinion indicates the former was better than the sequel, especially in the case of Seed->Destiny. Both sequels were also plagued by "recycling", especially the case with Destiny.

I'm hoping Shana won't be a repeat of past disasters (in my eyes)!
Yet again, those two same examples, the only ones anyone can ever come up with that convienently ignore the successes, like those two franchises are the only ones that Sunrise ever did. You know never mind Turn A Gundam, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, PlanetES, Zeta Gundam, Code Geass, City Hunter etc. cause clearly those don't count. Obviously J.C Staff is doing SnS Season 2, but actually knowing about Sunrise's history, it would have been just as welcome by me, if they had been the ones to get the licence to do the anime.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 13:04   Link #445
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Indeed, Sunrise are the people behind the Seikai no Senki and Seikai no Monshou excellent series, one of the best spaced-based-scenario series ever. As you mention Sunrise has had some serious disasters in the pasts, but that doesn't mean everything they've done is awful.

... well then again J.C. Staff ruined Zero no Tsukaima so who knows
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 15:05   Link #446
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Indeed, Sunrise are the people behind the Seikai no Senki and Seikai no Monshou excellent series, one of the best spaced-based-scenario series ever. As you mention Sunrise has had some serious disasters in the pasts, but that doesn't mean everything they've done is awful.

... well then again J.C. Staff ruined Zero no Tsukaima so who knows
I brought that up yesterday or the day before and someone told me that for ZnT 2, they changed director but they won't SnS ... So let's be optimistic and hope for the best =( . And while I'm at it, I'll be optimistic and say a remake for ZnT too... although too much optimism there....

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 19:06   Link #447
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to lazyasian224
all this talk about ZnT is makin me wanna watch... and maybe i should...
but subs for teh second season are so slow... :\

anyway... optimism is good! CMON! whats it like 28 more days here until SnSS comes out!
WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER!!!
lazyasian224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 19:33   Link #448
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Shana looks a bit different but who cares?

Has anyone ever wondered why even though Shana is a lot more popular than Zero no Tsukaima but is not posted as a popular anime in Animesuki (like having its own subthreads and everything)?
Most likely because SnS wasn't around when series started to have their own special sections. Again, Rozen Maiden and others did get theirs after their airtime, but with 6 thousand posts on the Traumend topic... I guess that was the correct thing to do, right?

And wow, I just can't wait... Just little over three weeks until the first episode airss. By then, I think we SHOULD really have a special section for SnS, because it'll probably grab a lot of attention.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 14:07   Link #449
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

I was wondering do they have the same art staff for SnSS?
Hazelshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 09:09   Link #450
alvinkhorfire

Do you all think by now that they should have finished producing all the episode of SnSS or they only just finished producing most of the episodes?
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 11:37   Link #451
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Do you all think by now that they should have finished producing all the episode of SnSS or they only just finished producing most of the episodes?
ima nub... but id guess that they are probably finished with most of em and are refining the first couple of episodes for airing...

but i seriosuly have no idea
Old 2007-09-14, 13:00   Link #452
suguru
京都 ikitai~

That's an interesting question--from watching Animation Runner Kuromi I got the impression getting the animation done for each episode can come down to the wire sometimes, but I don't know how often that happens in real life. You'd think the studio would try to get the episodes done as early as possible so there wouldn't be the risk of having to air subpar work--then again, there was an issue on Tsukuyomi where the director put still scenes in for a couple action sequences in the TV broadcast because the animation they'd subcontracted offshore was too sub-par to use. If the episodes had been made further in advance, there'd have been time to correct it for TV, so they must have been cutting it close.

I wonder if the magazine spread below is just teasing the fans, or if we'll actually get a trip to the beach in SnS II
http://anime-chronicles.com/post/view/2268

Last edited by suguru; 2007-09-14 at 16:58.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 13:48   Link #453
bayoab

Quote:
They probably just started last week. At most, an episode or three has been done.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 16:58   Link #454
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I would guess they have all the episodes planned, a good chunk of them fully storyboarded/scripted, and many of the parts and pieces already sent out to contractors for work (keyframing, backgrounds, tweening, painting, CGs, etc.). The voice acting's probably recorded for the first 3-4 episodes (they run about 4-6 weeks ahead, or so), and the first few episodes should be in the editing/mixing/mastering phase at this point (getting it cut down to exactly 24 minutes, or whatever). Something like that anyway... in this world of farmed-out, outsourced anime, you have to plan and assign things early so that you'll get everything back on-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
You'd think the studio would try to get the episodes done as early as possible so there wouldn't be the risk of having to air subpar work--then again, there was an issue on Tsukuyomi where the director put still scenes in for a couple action sequences in the TV broadcast because the animation they'd subcontracted offshore was too sub-par to use. If the episodes had been made further in advance, there'd have been time to correct it for TV, so they must have been cutting it close.
Well, yeah -- even though they do plan ahead, I imagine there's a concept of "just in time" in order to help cut/manage costs (since everyone's in such huge demand), but it does cause trouble when things go wrong. And of course, if there's a delay in the initial planning, or if it's a smaller-budget production, they may not be able to "get" the more reputable tweeners/keyframers (already booked/too busy), so they have to outsource to "whoever they can get". This is why you have the trend of just fixing things on the DVDs -- that way they can get the "good studio" to re-do it "whenever they have time". Anyway, I think it's all very interesting.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 19:20   Link #455
Devard

Quote:
Like the others above, I think they're probably two or three episodes in at most. Just consider the Lucky Star incident where they switched directors four episodes in. Before that, I too thought they'd be farther in.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 19:30   Link #456
lazyasian224
Woot Eclair is a hottie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
I wonder if the magazine spread below is just teasing the fans, or if we'll actually get a trip to the beach in SnS II
http://anime-chronicles.com/post/view/2268
o god i hope so the special hot springs episode was one of my favorites for some reason although i felt a pang of sadness since i watched it after the entire series so there was nothing left of SnS to watch <(T_T)> but SnSS is comin out so WOOTT...
cant wait another 3 weeks i need it now!
Old 2007-09-15, 00:52   Link #457
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyasian224 View Post
o god i hope so the special hot springs episode was one of my favorites for some reason although i felt a pang of sadness since i watched it after the entire series so there was nothing left of SnS to watch <(T_T)> but SnSS is comin out so WOOTT...
cant wait another 3 weeks i need it now!
Shana's swimsuit in the picture looks better than the one in the 1st season. I also can't wait for October, plus the English novel 2nd volume also out in the same month... thus, the beginning of fall, the month of Shana and eating and melon pan (too bad I haven't ate one before and dunno where I can find one, or if it even exist in the U.S.)

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 03:44   Link #458
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
It really depends on a case-by-case basis I think. ARIA season 3 started production in Spring 2007, its exsistance announced end of August 2007, and still no actual air dates announced!

On the other hand, Gundam Seed Destiny was produced as the series went on and at times, production deadlines were missed and it was seriously cutting it fine.
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 04:07   Link #459
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
It really depends on a case-by-case basis I think. ARIA season 3 started production in Spring 2007, its exsistance announced end of August 2007, and still no actual air dates announced!

On the other hand, Gundam Seed Destiny was produced as the series went on and at times, production deadlines were missed and it was seriously cutting it fine.
They were forced to use a lot of stock footage though.
neutralizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-15, 04:26   Link #460
Ichigo91
Dharma Institute

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural