AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-09, 02:11   Link #141
JC...
I am a Pie

A female lead should be like Emma.

@rakususukira The Unicorn OVA wouldn't be over by then. Plus, considering the end of the story, I don't think there would be any point to even consider a sequel.

I'm really hoping for a Advance of Zeta or Char's Deleted Affair. If not another AU series.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 02:47   Link #142
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Lolz at people think Setsuna is a rip-off of Heero. It's like saying Taiga (Toradora) is a rip-off of Louise (ZnT).

Btw, if anything Gundam 00 is better than GSD, it's mecha design. SF was a disaster. If people think UC rip-off units are awesome, good for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
Of course you can, since that's a matter of opinion, not fact.
Maybe I was wrong, but didn't it already state that Morosawa interfere too much in GSD's plot because she just love her Lacus more than necessary, and Kira is God because she wanted it?
Old 2010-12-09, 02:57   Link #143
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Maybe I was wrong, but didn't it already state that Morosawa interfere too much in GSD's plot because she just love her Lacus more than necessary, and Kira is God because she wanted it?
Even if that were true (and Kira being some sort of a god is definitely false), whether or not the SEED cast ruined GSD is still a matter of opinion.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 03:02   Link #144
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Even if that were true (and Kira being some sort of a god is definitely false), whether or not the SEED cast ruined GSD is still a matter of opinion.
Fine, it's my opinion that GSD will be better if they are just died/stay sideline instead of interfering in the main plot.

And God I mentioned as in god-mode, not as a kind of God you're thinking.
Old 2010-12-09, 03:16   Link #145
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
And God I mentioned as in god-mode, not as a kind of God you're thinking.
I was actually referring to both usages since there are people who liken Kira with Jesus over his supposed "resurrection(s)."

And no, I don't agree with associating Kira with either usage of godhood based on evidence from the anime.
Old 2010-12-09, 03:19   Link #146
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
And here's the part where everybody has to somehow take the exciting rumour that there's possibly going to be a new Gundam series and somehow turn it into a chance to soapbox about what series type, mecha design and character stylization ideas are preferable to another, thus completely sucking all possible joy and adulation that could come out of the thread. This fucking fandom.....

I'm guessing that if the eventual new show doesn't have x as opposed to y it'll be deemed the suck by the internets in short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakusukira View Post
what?! Lightning s awesome.. that only thing that destroyed her persona was Snow and Serah..

please, not another 00 series.. no offense but 00 was meh.. the mecha designs, for me, was terrible.. and Setsuna being a rip-off of Heero?? gimme a break, Heero was a better protagonist really..

I'd prefer another CE series possibly a hundred years after GSD to start something new.. although I wouldn't mind if Kira takes the spotlight again.. this time, hopefully, he will be up against someone related to his past.. I'll just pretend Shinn did not exist..

They need to milk up CE series more..

UC series?? well, if it's a direct sequel to Gundam UNicorn then I would watch it.. provided that Banagher and Mineva are still the leading cast . I know Unicorn is not finished yet but hey, who knows..

Another WING series?? nah, GWING is too milked up in my opinion.. it already ended when the total disarmament treaty happened so i highly doubt another series related to WING would come out..

so i think it's either gonna be a CE series or a direct sequel to Gundam Unicorn
I'm sure you're right on the money.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 03:28   Link #147
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
And here's the part where everybody has to somehow take the exciting rumour that there's possibly going to be a new Gundam series and somehow turn it into a chance to soapbox about what series type, mecha design and character stylization ideas are preferable to another, thus completely sucking all possible joy and adulation that could come out of the thread.
Has it ever occured to you that some people might find it "joyful" to discuss their expectations or desires for a new gundam series?
Old 2010-12-09, 03:35   Link #148
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Has it ever occured to you that some people might find it "joyful" to discuss their expectations or desires for a new gundam series?
Yes, but that's not really what's going on here for the most part. At least not in a way that strikes me as joyful. More like "awww geez I sure hope it's not from universe x. You better give me a show for universe y Bandai, you owe me".

I will never ever understand that sort of thing, that sense of entitlement that some fans have. I support Gundam, not just UC Gundam or any particular AU so I also don't get all the infighting nonsense. These internets must be too much for me to grasp I guess.
Old 2010-12-09, 03:54   Link #149
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't think G-Wing is milked enough.

IMO.

GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 04:00   Link #150
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
what?! Lightning s awesome.. that only thing that destroyed her persona was Snow and Serah.
Light was Terribad. With a capital T. I'm so sick of little wannabe hardasses like her in media.

Anyway, I'd be on board for another CE series with new characters. As I said earlier, they could jump ahead some ways, therefore not having to solve the "where do we put the old cast" problem and it would work.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 04:00   Link #151
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yes, but that's not really what's going on here for the most part. At least not in a way that strikes me as joyful. More like "awww geez I sure hope it's not from universe x. You better give me a show for universe y Bandai, you owe me".

I will never ever understand that sort of thing, that sense of entitlement that some fans have. I support Gundam, not just UC Gundam or any particular AU so I also don't get all the infighting nonsense. These internets must be too much for me to grasp I guess.
Well, when you put it that way, I can agree with that. I guess I've just learn to ignore such posts so they don't really bother me. Besides, once we know more about the new series, there'll be other things to talk about.
Old 2010-12-09, 04:13   Link #152
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
For all we know it could be a new AU G-Gundam styl*gets shot*
Old 2010-12-09, 04:31   Link #153
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Firstly, When I was talking about ranking poll, I was talking the mean of all the ranking poll.

Secondly, I don't agree about Kira and Lacus ruining GSD but it's not the subject here.

Thirdly, by AU, I mean AC, sorry for that.

And finnaly, you can have another CE serie without killing Kira and Lacus. This just need to take place 50 years after GSD or something like that.

But, I think we should have the movie first and then a new serie.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 04:39   Link #154
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Well, when you put it that way, I can agree with that. I guess I've just learn to ignore such posts so they don't really bother me. Besides, once we know more about the new series, there'll be other things to talk about.
Yeah I normally do to, I was just bored while waiting for something to happen in FFXI and while browsing the forum felt I might as well type something up to pass the time.
Old 2010-12-09, 05:02   Link #155
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
And finnaly, you can have another CE serie without killing Kira and Lacus. This just need to take place 50 years after GSD or something like that.
Grandpa Kira and Granny Lacus wouldn't sell as much as their 20-year old versions.

But why do these two have to bite the bullet for CE to be saved, there are still a plethora of ways of how you can save CE, without killing them.

1. Retcon or have this series be the first ever AU of an AU.
2. Humanize both of them, let's face it. We all were fine with Kira and Lacus from SEED, the main problem was their characterization in Destiny.
those are just two of the many ways you can restore some order to CE.

Last edited by aeriolewinters; 2010-12-09 at 05:13.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 05:09   Link #156
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:

Another WING series?? nah, GWING is too milked up in my opinion.. it already ended when the total disarmament treaty happened so i highly doubt another series related to WING would come out..
Um, it's not over considering all bets are off with the new novel. New MS are being introduced 30 years after Endless Waltz. The whole disarmament thing has been retconned.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 05:14   Link #157
v717

Personally i liked GSD, but just to please all the GSD haters i think they should do a damm good sequel to SEED and make as if Destiny never occured
v717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 05:18   Link #158
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Personally i liked GSD, but just to please all the GSD haters i think they should do a damm good sequel to SEED and make as if Destiny never occured
This. It's now possible with Z-Gundam's movie ending to fork a timeline into two separate, parallel timelines. Kinda like what they did to Star Trek's timeline.
Old 2010-12-09, 07:11   Link #159
monster

I don't see why a new CE series would have to fork/retcon the timeline or act as if GSD never happened. A good series should be able to stand on its own merit while not forgetting the past.
Old 2010-12-09, 08:03   Link #160
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

^you better retract that statement, monstert, we don't want the UC elitists to kill us now.

That's just one of the things I suggest, but option b should be sufficient, just don't make a confusing portrait of Kira and Lacus for the second series. Just make sure that their characters develop real well.