AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 05:32   Link #21
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Guts from Berserk

Spoiler:

In a grim world where everything is stacked against him, he defiantly marched on in a way that few people even dared to.

Also:

Quote:

You're right, we are mortal and fragile. But even if we are tortured or wounded, we'll fight to survive. You should feel the pain we feel and understand. I am the messenger that will deliver you to that pain and understanding.
Reinhard von Lohengramm from Legend of Galactic Heroes.

Spoiler:

Few people can embody Ambition like him, other than Griffith. He is the most triumphant example of the ubermensch. Admired and respected by both friends and enemies, he have the luck to not have to see himself growing corrupt like many like him who walked to the top have done before.

Joseph Joestar from Jojo's Bizarre Adventures part 2

Spoiler:

Witty, crafty and one hell of a trickster. Of all JoJo, he is my favorite protagonist.

Kenshiro from Hokuto no Ken
Spoiler:

At first, a brutal vigilante in a post apocalyptic world. However, to anyone who have read the manga or watched the anime, he is one of the richer protagonists of the early 1980s. Kenshiro's development, however, can not ignore the contributions of various support characters like Rei and Toki, antagonists, like Shin and Jagi, and his great rival Raoh. The various fights and deaths eventually helps him to grow into a messianic archetype fit for the world he is forced to live in.

Honorable mentions

I second Onizuka, Okabe Rintarou, Kyon, Tomoya and Kenshin.

Last edited by Sheba; 2012-04-24 at 05:43.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 05:52   Link #22
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

Rokurouta Sakuragi-Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Light yagami- death note
Akira inugami-Wolf Guy Ookami no Monshou
Mamoru Hikata-Until death do us part
Eikichi Onizuka- great teacher onizuka
kurosawa -onani master kurosawa
Hei-darker than black
sebastian michaelis-kuroshitsuji

Too lazy to put the rest
Old 2012-04-24, 06:24   Link #23
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Guts from Berserk. Griffith is very close. I only want to pick one, though, and since Guts has a bigger sword, he wins.

Ichise from Texhnolyze. I liked his demeanor throughout the series.
Spoiler:
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 06:51   Link #24
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Spike, Mugen, Gintoki, Hei (DTB 1, I disliked him in the second season or ova or w/e it was), Onizuka and Death the Kid.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 08:06   Link #25
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Reinhard von Lohengramm from Legend of Galactic Heroes.

Spoiler:

Few people can embody Ambition like him, other than Griffith. He is the most triumphant example of the ubermensch. Admired and respected by both friends and enemies, he have the luck to not have to see himself growing corrupt like many like him who walked to the top have done before.
I see your Reinhard and raise you one Yang Wenli. Much like Reinhard, Yang didn't become overconfident. Unlike Reinhard, however, Yang's humbleness might actually be more of an accomplishment considering how often he trumped the commanders on the Empire's side despite the odds usually being against him. As a character himself, Wenli was one of the few cast members whose personality was more natural compared to the Greek God-esque guys of Reinhard, Oskar, ect. and I really appreciated that from him. I'm not saying the other characters were bad but Yang Wenli was such a modest guy that it's difficult not to like him.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 08:15   Link #26
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Hei (DTB 1, I disliked him in the second season or ova or w/e it was)
C'mon! Hei was awesome in S2! We need more alcoholics like him who are not afraid to put brats in their place!

I may be just biased towards alcoholics after watching Rescue Me and The Wire almost in tandem
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 08:18   Link #27
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
TBH, I really hesitated about putting Yan Wen-Li for he really is my favorite character of the show.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 08:23   Link #28
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
C'mon! Hei was awesome in S2! We need more alcoholics like him who are not afraid to put brats in their place!

I may be just biased towards alcoholics after watching Rescue Me and The Wire almost in tandem
I'm biased as well. I liked him as the cold and composed assassin he was in S1. S2 version seemed like some ex-soldier with a truckload of personal issues.

The only thing I liked in S2 was his mask. It was soooo bad ass all from that little extra scar/dent.
Old 2012-04-24, 08:30   Link #29
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

The one & only pirate hunter. One of the best bad ass lead characters ever who has a touch for getting lost a bit like myself.

Old 2012-04-24, 08:40   Link #30
Eragon
Still Alive

Okay, this is gonna be tough. But here goes..............

Guts - Well, Sheba gave a nice description of him.

Tomoya Okazaki - I have the same reasons as other's who have mentioned him.

Spoiler for Image:

Mugen and Gin - They are the one the most outstanding pair of main characters I've seen.
Spoiler for Image:

Edward Elric - The only shounen lead that I like.
Spoiler for Image:
Old 2012-04-24, 08:45   Link #31
Haladflire65
*Artist

Seconding Gintoki and Spike for the reasons stated above!

Hei (Darker than BLACK S1)
Badass, adorable, badass, Chinese Electric Batman. I love his seiyu too, he has a fantastic voice.

Alucard (Hellsing)
He's just a ton of fun to watch, and I like his character design a lot. Also has a nice voice.

Ed and Roy (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Both are great on their own and they're also great playing off of each other. I love their relationship. They're also such fantastic fleshed-out characters; Arakawa Hiromu does great things with them.

Natsume Takashi (Natsume Yuujinchou)
I love that he's such an ordinary (if very, very nice) boy - not over-the-top like the so many anime characters. He'd be such a great friend.

I feel like I'd love Mugen too, but I have yet to continue Samurai Champloo after starting episode 1...
Old 2012-04-24, 09:15   Link #32
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Trigun - Vash the Stampede

Too many reason for me to explain why he is awesome. Love and peace!

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 09:17   Link #33
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Had to look at my anime-planet <3's for others that I didn't immediately think of:

- Izaya (Dararara!!)
- Sousuke (Full Metal Panic (FUMOfUFIUFYU(T))
- Sakuragi (Slam Dunk)
Old 2012-04-24, 09:42   Link #34
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'd say my first choice would be the Apothecary from Nakamura Kenji's Bakeneko and Mononoke. He's extremely droll and very effective as a demon-slayer. The fact that he's voiced by Sakurai Takahiro just adds to his awesomeness.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 09:54   Link #35
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic!

This guy's a real expert in his field, and delivers when the situation calls for it. He also delivers when the situation doesn't call for it.

He's always ready.
Old 2012-04-24, 10:59   Link #36
Farplaner

Lelouch from Code Geass.
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 11:45   Link #37
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Gon Freeccs from Hunter X Hunter : I really like his appearance (he's so cute ) and his personnality (despite being naive a bit).
Negi Springfield from Negima! : despite his little child appearance, he's a prodigy of magic !
Sasha from Qwaser of Stigmata : one of the strongest harem male leads I've seen in my life ; he's a total badass.
Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail : His hot-blooded personnality fit well within his fire strength, despite suffering motion sickness.
Ganta Igarashi from Deadman Wonderland : Despite being a total wimp, he somehow manages to show his badassness.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 13:02   Link #38
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

My favorites are
Gohan from Dragonball Z in the Cel games
Mugen from Samurai Champloo
Spike from Cowboy Bebop
Luffy from One piece
Jubei from Ninja Scroll
Old 2012-04-24, 15:45   Link #39
Kirarakim

Most of my favorites have already been named

But anyways

Ginko Mushishi- I just have a thing for traveling characters. I think Ginko is a representation of what I wish I could do with my life: no ties just traveling the world. Not to mention I love Ginko's laid back attitude and the way that he doesn't see things as black & white but tries to help humans deal with the supernatural beings of the mushi without seeing them as evil or things that need to be destroyed.

Medicine Seller Mononoke- Another traveler, to describe the Medicine Seller I would say he is anime's equivalent to the wanderer without a name or past. He reminds me a bit of Toshiro Mifune's role in Yojimbo/Sanjuro or Clint Eastwood's role in his many Westerns.

Part of me wanted to know more about the Medicine Seller's past but I realized in the end his mysterious aura (is he even human?) is what made him such a great character, not to mention the wonderful acting by Sakurai.

Takashi Natsume Natsume Yuujinchou- Many characters have sad pasts but in most cases those sad pasts are why these characters initially act like jerks or have dark sides, etc. Natsume is the exact opposite of this despite a hard past he is overflowing with kindness. His fight with himself to grow close to others despite being scared at times is really a lovely story in itself.

And another thing I love about Natsume is I feel he transcends gender roles: he isn't physically strong just strong of heart, he's extremely nurting, and he is even allowed to cry. So on the surface he might seem a bit ordinary but under the surface is a character with so much depth.

Edward & Alphonse Elric Fullmetal Alchemist (Manga & Brotherhood ONLY)

I really cannot separate the two brothers in my heart. Fullmetal Alchemist is probably my favorite story ever and I initially fell in love with the story because of how close these two were (there is nothing like brotherly love) but what makes Ed & Al two of my favorites characters is how they didn't just show love for each other as the story went on they learned to love and be thankful to so many other characters around them. As Ed said at one point he wants to not only see Al's smiling face but everyone's. And I guess it's the fact that throughout the story they never gives up on their dream to get their bodies back but also the fact that they weren't willing to sacrifice anyone else to achieve this dream.

Some honorable mentions: Kenshin, Monkey D. Luffy, & Takemoto Yuta (the last from Honey & Clover because I think the first two are obvious).

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-04-24 at 18:07.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 17:48   Link #40
Qikz

Ringing ~Village~

[...]

[I awaken from my slumber with a mail from my assistant]

"There's a favourite male lead thread on the animesuki forums, you've only been mentioned once"

[Once? Don't make me laugh, this must be a plot from the agency]

[I'll use the Phone Microwave(仮) to send a D-Mail to edit myself into every post in the thread, that is my rightful place...]

[For my name isn't... HOUOUIN KYOUMA!]

[FUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!]
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote