AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-01-11, 20:40   Link #7381
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Well that is part of her motivations. Although she pretty much knows that she has little hope of stealing him from her sister and more importantly Haruna. She also knows that the Harem Plan is pretty much the only way Lala will end up happy as Rito is too interested in Haruna to the point that the only way Lala winning solo is if Haruna flat out rejects Rito, which Momo knows will not happen.

Yes, there is a lot of selfishness in Momo's reason for trying to pull off the Harem Plan but there are also some altruistic reasons as well
That's what Selphie was talking about. Momo always puts others before her own happiness.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 22:49   Link #7382
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
That's what Selphie was talking about. Momo always puts others before her own happiness.
Actually i think her question is the opposite. Its more will u really be happy sharing Rito with other girls through the harem plan.

The harem plans biggest flaw besides Rito is that you have to convince every girl to ignore the desire to want him for themselves. Its like will u really be satisfied with having only a slice instead of the whole pizza.

Characters like Kotegawa and Run for example may not be willing to share Rito for different reasons. Lala doesnt mind but i get the distinct feeling Lala doesnt quite understand love and what it entails.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 06:28   Link #7383
pir

Girls who doesnt want share doesnt have choice. If they want Rito Harem plan only hope if they disagree they must give up on him. That all.
pir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 07:47   Link #7384
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by pir View Post
Girls who doesnt want share doesnt have choice. If they want Rito Harem plan only hope if they disagree they must give up on him. That all.
I agree but thats the problem. If the wrong people disagree the harem wont be built. Without haruna the harem plan has nothing because Rito will only agree to it if Haruna can get on board

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-01-12, 12:44   Link #7385
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I agree but thats the problem. If the wrong people disagree the harem wont be built. Without haruna the harem plan has nothing because Rito will only agree to it if Haruna can get on board
And Haruna currently does not want to share.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 13:04   Link #7386
Ghiest Cid

Well, I just hope it would not be like the 'solution to the harem problem' of maburaho. The mc duplicate to multiple copy.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 13:21   Link #7387
Pablete
Banned

I don't know how that is wrong

At least the girls got him without having to share him or see their time with him reduced.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 13:26   Link #7388
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
I don't know how that is wrong

At least the girls got him without having to share him or see their time with him reduced.
its not that its wrong its a pure-booded cop out and thats no good

Old 2015-01-12, 13:29   Link #7389
Pablete
Banned

YMMV, just deal with it or acept heartbroken girls except for one htat obviously is the main heroine .
Old 2015-01-12, 13:32   Link #7390
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
YMMV, just deal with it or acept heartbroken girls except for one htat obviously is the main heroine .
which one Lala or Haruna because you will not get Haruna and lala but u got a better chance at just Haruna thenjust Lala

Old 2015-01-12, 13:40   Link #7391
Pablete
Banned

If the harem doesn't happens I can see Lala taking a step to a side leaving Haruna the free path for Rito.
Old 2015-01-18, 05:47   Link #7392
2sugoi2die

If this ends with rito choosing haruna, tons of fans will be upset, the same can be said if rito chooses lala only. The harem route is the best route in this case i guess, just gotta see how the author writes the story how how he get the girls to accept sharing, maybe it can be something like dxd where theres the main girl(rias) and the rest(koneko,asia,akeno).
2sugoi2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 05:51   Link #7393
The Green One

Or we could just go the "Life goes on but nothing is resolved" ending and everyone can scream equally.

Last edited by The Green One; 2015-01-18 at 11:15.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 06:26   Link #7394
2sugoi2die

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Or we could just go the "Life goes out but nothing is resolved" ending and everyone can scream equally.
The amount of rage and sadness would be glorious.
2sugoi2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 06:34   Link #7395
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Or we could just go the "Life goes out but nothing is resolved" ending and everyone can scream equally.
thats becoming a more popular ending recently in manga where they dont resolve the harem they all just live together happily

Old 2015-01-18, 07:20   Link #7396
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
thats becoming a more popular ending recently in manga where they dont resolve the harem they all just live together happily
How 'bout the kill 'em all ending for maximum shock value.
Especially if it comes from out of nowhere with no foreshadowing whatsoever, like a meteorite, or an embolism from all the beatings at Yami's hands hair in the past.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 10:27   Link #7397
kagato3

Quote:
ToLoveRu has pretty much always been set up as a harem ending, just go check the test of courage chapter near the start of the first series (ch16 I think ). My belief is the main reason Haruna has been in a holding pattern is any movement in her and Rito's relationship at this point breaks the story. If they confess before Rito 7s completely committed to the Harem Plan everything implodes to either a Haruna ending, or a RitoxHarunaxLala×Run ending. So those 2 can't confess until Rito responds to everyone else's feelings first.. solving Haruna's reluctance to the plan is also difficult as it again removes an other major love trouble so I don't see it going away any time soon. Lala is also stuck in this same hholding pattern but to a lesser extent since she is the manic pixie that ends up causeing problems but that has lessened as there is now an actual antagonist.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2015-01-18, 10:42   Link #7398
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
ToLoveRu has pretty much always been set up as a harem ending, just go check the test of courage chapter near the start of the first series (ch16 I think ). My belief is the main reason Haruna has been in a holding pattern is any movement in her and Rito's relationship at this point breaks the story. If they confess before Rito 7s completely committed to the Harem Plan everything implodes to either a Haruna ending, or a RitoxHarunaxLala×Run ending. So those 2 can't confess until Rito responds to everyone else's feelings first.. solving Haruna's reluctance to the plan is also difficult as it again removes an other major love trouble so I don't see it going away any time soon. Lala is also stuck in this same hholding pattern but to a lesser extent since she is the manic pixie that ends up causeing problems but that has lessened as there is now an actual antagonist.
I dont disagree with that Haruna has always been the key and as i've said quite a few times Haruna confessing would end the series. Lala's feelings are known so thats a stagnant i suppose they're moving towards a harem ending i just think that rite now ur gonna need a lot to get that harem ending. (I do love the manic pixie reference) although now i think that role has become Momo's

Old 2015-01-18, 11:17   Link #7399
The Green One

It occurs to me I should really start proof reading my posts, or stop posting in the middle of the night. Probably both. Anyway, yeah TLR always had the haremy feel to me as well, but we all know how the readers/watchers love their shipping and milking this is one of the best ways to make money off this.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 11:19   Link #7400
kagato3

Quote:
I dont disagree with that Haruna has always been the key and as i've said quite a few times Haruna confessing would end the series. Lala's feelings are known so thats a stagnant i suppose they're moving towards a harem ending i just think that rite now ur gonna need a lot to get that harem ending. (I do love the manic pixie reference) although now i think that role has become Momo's
While I wouldn't say it would be easy it's also not that difficult either. First Rito needs to fully come to terms with the plan and as of now he is fairly close to doing so. Second each of the girls that will end up in the harem need to confess their feelings and come to terms with being part of a Harem with Haruna being last. the 2 could be done in either order and more likely the more girls that flat out confess to Rito the more accepting of the plan he will be as he doesn't want to hurt them and it will likely be the earthlings that have the greatest resistance to the plan. the real question is just who will be in it and how long they want the series to run I could see them being able to end it in 5 or 6 chapters if they wanted too but off hand I would say the Manaka love doing the series and it is and always had been a very nice cash cow for SJ so I highly doubt they will.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen