2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-23, 11:11   Link #141
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
In the preview Saji doesn't look anxious, like he's IDing a body. He looks concerned or worried and seems to be calling out. I say Kinue survives. It's the absolute best way to move the story along. Kinue tells him what she was told, he tells Setsuna, Setsuna gets a lead as to what Ali is currently doing, and they stage an intervention against him and Lagna.

Another lucky break for Celestial Being, but I guess it's about time to get used to it.
Lucky breaks are necessary, because if everything goes according to plan then we would have no story. You might as well claim criminals in cop shows shouldn't have made a mistake that got them caught within the 45 minutes timeframe.

Quote:
They don't use military weapons for offensive purposes. That's true. But the GN Drive doesn't have to be one, and the MS pilots breaking rules tend to be a trend too.
But why break the rules? They are quite happy to use the Union army as their shield, just like in real life. It's an arrangement everyone is happy with, as America doesn't want Japan to militarize either.

Japan has no reason to get a GN drive, when America can make better use of it.
Old 2008-02-23, 11:13   Link #142
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
In the preview Saji doesn't look anxious, like he's IDing a body. He looks concerned or worried and seems to be calling out. I say Kinue survives. It's the absolute best way to move the story along. Kinue tells him what she was told, he tells Setsuna, Setsuna gets a lead as to what Ali is currently doing, and they stage an intervention against him and Lagna.
Hold. Why would Saji be telling Setsuna this? The latter is supposedly a neighbour
but someone who isn't exactly that close to Saji for he to spill something like that unless he let's all the shit happening to him now get to him. The first part of your assumption is logical, but I feel eavesdropping (accidental or not) on the part of Setsuna might sound a little more reasonable.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:13   Link #143
ghost89475

Finished watching subs.
Spoiler:
ghost89475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:21   Link #144
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Lucky breaks are necessary, because if everything goes according to plan then we would have no story. You might as well claim criminals in cop shows shouldn't have made a mistake that got them caught within the 45 minutes timeframe.
I was never a big fan of cop-shows to begin with.

Quote:
Hold. Why would Saji be telling Setsuna this? The latter is supposedly a neighbour
but someone who isn't exactly that close to Saji for he to spill something like that unless he let's all the shit happening to him now get to him. The first part of your assumption is logical, but I feel eavesdropping (accidental or not) on the part of Setsuna might sound a little more reasonable.
Eaves dropping is good too. Especially since it's a good way to keep Saji from getting personally involved. Although Setsuna and Saji having some kind of understanding about Ali wouldn't altogether be bad, even if Setsuna's reasons are much crazier and far out than Saji's.

It'd be a good dramatic scene that could be told in a number of good and interesting ways. Something that Setsuna's sorely lacking.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:29   Link #145
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
thought the enemy might have GN-00 i'm still hoping that they will show the GN-arms
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:31   Link #146
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost89475 View Post
Finished watching subs.
Spoiler:
it was laguna who gave out the gn-drives and data. Ali admitted it during his conversation with kinue. What kind of subs did u watch?! nyron's rough draft?
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:32   Link #147
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You mean those four Hellions beat tieria, he was just simply there.
if he didnt dodge the boozaka blast, those 4 hellions wouldnt have the chance to get close to him. Yes he does suck, but give credit when credit is due.
Old 2008-02-23, 11:38   Link #148
ghost89475

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
it was laguna who gave out the gn-drives and data. Ali admitted it during his conversation with kinue. What kind of subs did u watch?! nyron's rough draft?
I watched subs that translated accurately but I didn't bother listening to any conversation other than those involving meisters, trinity, soldiers and wang.

Oh well, there goes my speculation.
Old 2008-02-23, 11:43   Link #149
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:

Another lucky break for Celestial Being, but I guess it's about time to get used to it.
if thats really the case, the show can end next month, no season 2 needed? lol

i doubt she survived, but hey who knows~

Quote:
I watched subs that translated accurately but I didn't bother listening to any conversation other than those involving meisters, trinity, soldiers and wang.

Oh well, there goes my speculation.
..u mean read as oppose to listen
Old 2008-02-23, 11:46   Link #150
ghost89475

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
..u mean read as oppose to listen
If u insist.
Old 2008-02-23, 11:48   Link #151
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
this is going off topic

preview for 21
Did setsuna lose to the 00?? i hope not
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 11:48   Link #152
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
If u insist.
its all good, just to make it clear cuz i always watch the raw

and make sure u dont watch nyoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
Faster? I dropped them because they were taking three weeks to release an episode.
i would rather wait 3 weeks than to see "VADER" (shinsen) or "THIS MAN IS ON TOP OF THE WORLD OMGWTFBBQLOL" (nyoron)

Last edited by angel_wing0; 2008-02-23 at 12:11.
Old 2008-02-23, 12:15   Link #153
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Yeah, maybe he'll become a cook for the anti-Gundam front instead. His sole talent seems to be cooking after all.

Speaking of which, wasn't the main character of Nadesico a cook? Ah-hah, there's a precedent for Saji becoming a good mobile suit pilot right there!
Heh, a cook? Maybe Saji will turn out like Keith from Turn-A Gundam and make bread and cakes for everyone! He's already got the whining.
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 12:20   Link #154
Mister Mister
Redshirt

my money is on saji getting recruited to work on designing GN drive-powered mobile suits for the HRL sometime in season 2. there's probably going to be some kind of scene where saji is suddenly revealed to have an intuitive understanding of GN science without any prior experience.
Mister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 12:24   Link #155
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

i wonder whats going to happen with louise, will she get a fake arm?! or fake hand?
Old 2008-02-23, 12:25   Link #156
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
i wonder whats going to happen with louise, will she get a fake arm?! or fake hand?
Automail*cough* Automail

Anyways why are people equating Saji to Kira when he's in a different situation....
Old 2008-02-23, 12:26   Link #157
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Did anyone mention Exia is going to use GN arms
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 12:43   Link #158
U<3Anime
Boo!

OMG!

GOOD JOB SERGEI!

SOMA, PAINT YOUR PINK PLZ
Old 2008-02-23, 12:46   Link #159

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Their fathers also happened to be pretty remarkable too (in fact most Gundam protagonists' parents are).

And lately, we've seen Saji's dad being brought up by Kinue a couple of times for no apparent reason (why not his mother?? Something's up--and looks like this plotline will remain unresolved too).

So if he does turn out to be Jesus Yamato version 0.0, you heard it here first.

And even the present JSDF is no joke either. They aren't the fifth biggest military spender in the world for no reason. So I don't see your point.
Let's see, the main characters in 1st, Z, CCA, F91, V have parents who are engineer and are involved somehow in gundam type MSes' development.

Those from other series are mostly came from military backgrounds (soldier, agent, etc)

Which means that military and engineering background are 2 main characters backgrounds.

It seems that even though Saji might be able to pilot an MS, I doubt that he can be as good as Graham or other aces in a short time
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 12:47   Link #160
ipernorris

What is happening to Louise?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote