AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-03, 18:18   Link #1
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

READ ME! i'm a slim jim.

Argh, since fansub group is one of the most important factors that i look for when i decide to donwload an anime, so i guess this section should be really useful. and more importantly, not completely EMPTY. since i really liked this part of the forum. damn it!

anyhow, i just realized today that anime junkies have been taken out of the group list from the official animesuki website. just wondering if anyone know what happened. they used to....like, release a lot of eps on a daily basis, does it have to do with their violating the licensing rights or something? just curious.
Old 2003-11-03, 18:23   Link #2
warnold
nerfelwap

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighter junkie
anyhow, i just realized today that anime junkies have been taken out of the group list from the official animesuki website. just wondering if anyone know what happened. they used to....like, release a lot of eps on a daily basis, does it have to do with their violating the licensing rights or something? just curious.
<checks>
They're still there...
http://www.animesuki.com/group.php/24.html
--
-billy-
Old 2003-11-03, 18:37   Link #3
lighter junkie
Pyromaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnold
<checks>
They're still there...
http://www.animesuki.com/group.php/24.html
--
-billy-

Sorry sorry, must be my eyes, have been watching too much and sleeping too little. anyhow, their site was made for registered users only when I last checked. so i went to check on animesuki and missed ajunkies. don't mind don't mind.

by the way, anyone knows why the change on the aj web?
Old 2003-11-16, 22:25   Link #4
biscuitless
bad dog, no biscuits

Send a message via AIM to biscuitless Send a message via MSN to biscuitless Send a message via Yahoo to biscuitless
i was wondering the same thing.
Old 2003-11-17, 04:43   Link #5
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
You also can't join their chan, on aniverse (watch out if you have autorejoin on and try this).

They're dead.

EDIT: Ok, well more like in a coma that seems like it will last till their death...
Old 2003-11-17, 05:09   Link #6
Esperchld
Photographer

Ah yes, things are looking up in the world. No new torrents listed for AJ since like June. I wonder if this means that we will never have to see them around here again.
Old 2003-11-17, 07:15   Link #7
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Actually their last torrent was from late October, but their public
torrents on www.h3r0.net seem to have dissappeared. And as
thus none of the links were working, we've disabled them. Now
three days later those links are also no longer shown, so the
only torrents available are those who were posted on different sites
ages ago.
Old 2003-11-17, 11:29   Link #8
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is looking possible that AJ has expired when we stopped looking at them. It would be a shame, after all, without AJ who would we have to kick and heap abuse upon?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-17, 13:24   Link #9
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
Rumors

I heard their translator (keep in mind they have like one) for their Korean -> English went on vacation. So They have no means of releasing without the translator. Just a rumor I heard.
Old 2003-11-17, 16:45   Link #10
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Oh don't worry. These groups that have popped up and started subbing naruto are probably just as bad as AJ was.
Old 2003-11-17, 20:24   Link #11
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Yeah, some of them are, but they only release one show and there is a good, fast alternative. Quite simply that makes them very easy to ignore.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-11-17, 21:10   Link #12
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It is looking possible that AJ has expired when we stopped looking at them. It would be a shame, after all, without AJ who would we have to kick and heap abuse upon?
Oh, there are tons of existing groups to kick and heap abuse at that do multiple series and have no ethics or value in their subs. There is no shortage of crap out there now.
Old 2003-11-18, 02:01   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

What happened to Anime Junkies?

This might sound like a stupid question, but whatever happened to AJ? AKA Anime Junkies? All torrents for them, and any listing of their group is gone from the site and I can't find any evidence of them anywhere on the net anymore. Did something happen to them that I missed? Just curious.
Old 2003-11-18, 02:29   Link #14
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Lord Raiden: Your question is already being discussed under the unlikely name of READ ME! i'm a slim jim. Since that was such a useless thread title I've decided to merge it with your thread. Please look above your post for the answer to the question.

Old 2003-11-18, 16:47   Link #15
^danshi^
running bear

Maybe they were shut down by the industry?
Old 2003-11-18, 18:22   Link #16
Anlushac11

Cool

I for one am sad to see them go.

They were my main supplier of Happy Lesson Advance and Scrapped Princess til I found this site.

Since I started watching fansubs when you were happy to have a subtitle at all, I am not as unforgiving of mistakes in translation. Releasing liscensed stuff I dont agree with but I was happy to have them doing titles I liked.

Heres one person who will miss them.
Old 2003-11-18, 21:25   Link #17
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
They were my main supplier of Happy Lesson Advance and Scrapped Princess til I found this site.
Ah, yes, AnimeJunkies, main supplier of people who don't know any better.

You also can't join their chan, on aniverse (watch out if you have autorejoin on and try this).

This must have been very recent... just a few days ago, I think right before GSG 4 came out, I joined their channel and asked if they were going to release GSG 2 before Seichi finished the series. The channel was totally dead, so I just left.
Old 2003-11-19, 00:17   Link #18
biscuitless
bad dog, no biscuits

Send a message via AIM to biscuitless Send a message via MSN to biscuitless Send a message via Yahoo to biscuitless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
I for one am sad to see them go.

Heres one person who will miss them.
i really enjoyed thier subs too, but then again i was new to anime over the net. i think it is wrong for a group that people knows about to produce subbed anime that is liscenced. but the eventually took it off. i thought they were good episodes (the ones they did) and i still do.
Old 2003-11-19, 22:23   Link #19
Panon

Good riddance.
Old 2003-11-20, 00:59   Link #20
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

I love it. You're only post is bashing AJ.

Anyway, good riddance.
Closed Thread