AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 14:15   Link #481
Justin Kim
*Artist

Most. Epic Anime episode. Straight to the point, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:15   Link #482
Jerseykid

Best of the new stuff that has come out so far. Killing your best friend to get his/your girl is a great starting point.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:21   Link #483
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Best of the new stuff that has come out so far. Killing your best friend to get his/your girl is a great starting point.
That would be the good part about this anime. It conveys lots of emotion in less than 30 minutes to unravel the psychological aspects of the human mind. Especially taking the audience into consideration, I think the producers of the anime really did a good job of bringing emotion and horror as their focal point within the anime.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:23   Link #484
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Bro's always come before girls though, even if they turn into zombies.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:24   Link #485
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
The line in bold in the above quote is a little confusing to me. I am not sure if you mean she decided to stop going out with him or that she never was going out with Takashi, because it is obvious that they were dating and she broke up with him. She mentions about Takashi not understanding her feelings and at the end of the episode, we know exactly what she meant.
Are you sure? I was always under the impression that Takashi asked Rei out after Rei's feelings for him faded, which was why she said that he didn't return the feelings she had. As far as I'm aware, they never dated.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:28   Link #486
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

BEST NEW ANIME SO FAR. I just hope they can maintain the quality.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:33   Link #487
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
- Does anyone know how many episodes this series is slated to be? And how close the manga is coming to a possible "end/conclusion"?
There is no announced number yet, but I think it will be 1-cour, since I don't really seeing the anime holding up 2-cour. Also, a certain character that appears later in the manga isn't in the OP, so assuming she doesn't appear in the anime, then the anime won't get to her part... I think.

The manga... Well, not really any end in sight. Right now, it's just looping and going through the same type of development over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I have not read the manga, But by watching the first episode, It is obvious that Takashi was not an affectionate boyfriend. It seems that hisashi was better at showing affection and that is what Rei needed.

The line in bold in the above quote is a little confusing to me. I am not sure if you mean she decided to stop going out with him or that she never was going out with Takashi, because it is obvious that they were dating and she broke up with him. She mentions about Takashi not understanding her feelings and at the end of the episode, we know exactly what she meant.
Like OceanBlue said, I'm under the impression that Takashi and Rei never dated, which is why I didn't understand the "Freaking girlfriend stealing bastard" description of Hisashi, because Takashi and Rei were never boyfriend-girlfriend before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
That would be the good part about this anime. It conveys lots of emotion in less than 30 minutes to unravel the psychological aspects of the human mind. Especially taking the audience into consideration, I think the producers of the anime really did a good job of bringing emotion and horror as their focal point within the anime.
Eh...?
I thought it did about the same job like most B-Movie horror zombie films...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:35   Link #488
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Thats the one thing I didn't like about the frist episode in the manga one of the two girls gets caught and was been mauled while unlike the anime in the manga her friend goes back to try to help her and they both die holding hands to me thats more emotional than what happened in the anime.
Goes back my ass! The scene you speak of is around ch1 page 11. She's not helping her, she's kicking her in the face! The only difference in the scene is that they were outside the school, not inside. But them being inside really makes much more sense IMO. And I think they are wearing different clothes.

The entire series is practically 100% conversion from manga to anime if I ever saw one. The deviation from manga is close to zero. The diviation I've noticed,
Spoiler:

Current score: 10/10
From the living, favorite character: Takagi
Old 2010-07-05, 14:36   Link #489
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Like OceanBlue said, I'm under the impression that Takashi and Rei never dated, which is why I didn't understand the "Freaking girlfriend stealing bastard" description of Hisashi, because Takashi and Rei were never boyfriend-girlfriend before.
I was just going by what was said in this episode, that's all.

Quote:
Eh...?
I thought it did about the same job like most B-Movie horror zombie films...
Yeah that's exactly what i thought. I guess most of the people posting here don't watch them like we do.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:37   Link #490
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

As far as I know, Rei and Takashi were never dating, but they did have feelings for each other. Takashi never made a move on her, and she started dating his friend, either because she got sick of waiting, or just wanted to make him jealous, though I really think she cared for Hisashi. I think he tried to confess to her after she started dating Hisashi, but then she rejected him because it was already too late.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:39   Link #491
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Thats the one thing I didn't like about the frist episode in the manga one of the two girls gets caught and was been mauled while unlike the anime in the manga her friend goes back to try to help her and they both die holding hands to me thats more emotional than what happened in the anime.
This is an example of giving too little time. One second, they were BFF, the next second one was saying: "Let go of me!" No room there for her mind to actually change, therefore it seemed shallow and unreal. Give a couple of seconds and a changing expression on her face, and it could have worked. Or follow the manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue
Are you sure? I was always under the impression that Takashi asked Rei out after Rei's feelings for him faded, which was why she said that he didn't return the feelings she had. As far as I'm aware, they never dated.
This is how I interpreted it. At first they were childhood friends, then she started carrying a torch for him, but he never noticed or responded, so she drifted away to his best friend. Then he decided he liked her, but it was too late, her heart had already shifted.

Her sudden return to him (sort of) at the end, made some sense, but it never felt natural to me, perhaps because Inoue Marina didn't do the right things with her voice, or perhaps because the timing of the animation wasn't right. Not sure.

The facts of the episode -- sudden infiltration and conversion, killing your best friend to get his girl, the BFFs, smashing heads, etc. -- were all thrilling entertainment, however.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:40   Link #492
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

this is obviously the best show of the season and saeko is obviously the best char in the show
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:44   Link #493
golthin

Quote:
well, I believe Rei said something about breaking up in the anime, i read the first two chapter of the manga and i believe the anime is going in a different angle about the relationship, because takashi doesn't say anything about "hugging the girl i like for the first time" anywhere in the manga.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:45   Link #494
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
this is obviously the best show of the season
I don't see how it's obvious, i mean it's just your classic zombie film set-up with addition fanservice.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:46   Link #495
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This is an example of giving too little time. One second, they were BFF, the next second one was saying: "Let go of me!" No room there for her mind to actually change, therefore it seemed shallow and unreal.
You never met people who lie to you?! OMG, you're unique!

There's no transition there, just you in denial of the truth behind the obvious lies.
Its often easier (or convenient) in society to just play the part that you are given.

A: Hi! the ship is sinking, are you my friend.
B: YES!! now fucking run and shud up!
Old 2010-07-05, 14:49   Link #496
kitten320

I'm not really fond of whole zombie shows but decided to look through the first episode... well graphics and animation look great. The part where they were running through zombies looked like from some game...

Without real spoiling, I have question towards manga readers. What is the main idea behind series? Are they simply going to be stuck in school and fighting zombies or is there more to it?
Old 2010-07-05, 14:50   Link #497
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm not really fond of whole zombie shows but decided to look through the first episode... well graphics and animation look great. The part where they were running through zombies looked like from some game...

Without real spoiling, I have question towards manga readers? What is the main idea behind series? Are they simply going to be stuck in school and fighting zombies or is there more to it?
Don't worry, there's more to it...

If you want to know more, just look up the manga.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:52   Link #498
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
As far as I know, Rei and Takashi were never dating, but they did have feelings for each other. Takashi never made a move on her, and she started dating his friend, either because she got sick of waiting, or just wanted to make him jealous, though I really think she cared for Hisashi. I think he tried to confess to her after she started dating Hisashi, but then she rejected him because it was already too late.

Yeah, she even stayed back a year for him.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:53   Link #499
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Without real spoiling, I have question towards manga readers. What is the main idea behind series? Are they simply going to be stuck in school and fighting zombies or is there more to it?
A bunch of high school kids trying to survive a zombie-infested world.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:54   Link #500
Davyd

I have watched the first episode, and there is something bothering me.

Did someone recognise the 28 days later theme? (a bit remixed althought)

"Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity. Calculate what you will or will not tolerate. Desperate to control all and everything. Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen." (The grudge, Tool)
Davyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse