AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 21.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 12.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-27, 22:23   Link #121
Sandinwater

Oh god know where gonna start talking about religion? I know that this story is based on religion but lol know where gonna start talking about our religion?
Sandinwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 22:49   Link #122
mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Hmmm. Indeed. It's like showing the Church's dark side in the past in the present times. And it's not like there's a way we can tell whether the Church is corrupt or not nowadays.
You must have not read the news. A lot of child abuse cases that are covered up by the church are coming to light and reported on the news. The church isnt corrupted? not on this earth.
mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 00:19   Link #123
Aki-Furaba
Level 5 ESPer

well putting anti-christianity issues aside, i can see how in the end kamachi kazuma will ultimately show the integrity between science and magic.
[aleister based his scientific advancement based on magic remember? and how index's logic based on magic works on last order - which somehow causes accelerator to evolve to level 6, which is a resemblance to angelic being (ep. 22)?]

in the story, i wouldn't say the church is "corrupt". aleister betrayed the magic side, and he had a plan that involves magicians around the world to get hurt (fuze=kazakiri) - so the church want to defend themselves by doing a pre-emptive strike. From the magic side's point of view, the church are the good guys who want to defend them.

Check out my novel project: Musei Ansatsusha! A sci-fi action comedy with a rich universe you will not be disappointed in! Support my project and "like" the facebook page!!! Thanks!
Aki-Furaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 00:44   Link #124
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki-Furaba View Post
in the story, i wouldn't say the church is "corrupt". aleister betrayed the magic side, and he had a plan that involves magicians around the world to get hurt (fuze=kazakiri) - so the church want to defend themselves by doing a pre-emptive strike. From the magic side's point of view, the church are the good guys who want to defend them.
Except they only learn of this after they attacked Academy CIty, before it they were simply trying to wrestle power from the Science Side.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 01:14   Link #125
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki-Furaba View Post
well putting anti-christianity issues aside, i can see how in the end kamachi kazuma will ultimately show the integrity between science and magic.
[aleister based his scientific advancement based on magic remember? and how index's logic based on magic works on last order - which somehow causes accelerator to evolve to level 6, which is a resemblance to angelic being (ep. 22)?]

WAIT WHAT:
Spoiler for possible spoiler.:

I really freaking hope not.
Tokugashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 01:32   Link #126
tsunade666

He didn't evolve into level 6. Even in the latest one. That's kinda false information.
He did awakened but not level up. And awakening and turning into level 6 are both different thing.
Old 2011-03-28, 03:01   Link #127
Tokugashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
He didn't evolve into level 6. Even in the latest one. That's kinda false information.
He did awakened but not level up. And awakening and turning into level 6 are both different thing.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I don't understand the whole "awakening" thing though. I mean, he's got a bigger battery in his shock collar now lol. Is that it?
Old 2011-03-28, 04:00   Link #128
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Hey, let's put things into perspective here; if catholics and anglicans feel offended by the depiction of their faith, then satanists (left hand path variant), and scientists must be having constant seizures with the depiction of their faith (the former), and science more or less as magick (the later). At least for the two christian cults there is a vague basis into their history, while for the other cult and science there absolutely nothing similar, save for names
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 04:00   Link #129
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugashi View Post
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I don't understand the whole "awakening" thing though. I mean, he's got a bigger battery in his shock collar now lol. Is that it?
No, it's not. It's the black wings that means he's 'awakened' as you can clearly hear Index say its like Telesema, but at the same time it isn't.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 05:27   Link #130
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
No, it's not. It's the black wings that means he's 'awakened' as you can clearly hear Index say its like Telesema, but at the same time it isn't.
In before people ask the next obvious question- Telesma is the stuff the Christian Angels are made of.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 06:39   Link #131
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Nice episode.
I guess they will focus on sidestories for the moment and leave the War for the next season, right?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 07:27   Link #132
Tokugashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Hey, let's put things into perspective here; if catholics and anglicans feel offended by the depiction of their faith, then satanists (left hand path variant), and scientists must be having constant seizures with the depiction of their faith (the former), and science more or less as magick (the later). At least for the two christian cults there is a vague basis into their history, while for the other cult and science there absolutely nothing similar, save for names
I'm not either, just sayin'. It's like propaganda.
Old 2011-03-28, 07:40   Link #133
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Well for me, this series is about fantasy and combined with science fiction , it not meant to be taken seriously. The fun and interesting part of this series is the story telling aspect. Each character has his/her on personal point of view regardless of any faction (Magic or Science)
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 08:06   Link #134
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Well for me, this series is about fantasy and combined with science fiction , it not meant to be taken seriously. The fun and interesting part of this series is the story telling aspect. Each character has his/her on personal point of view regardless of any faction (Magic or Science)
True, but imagine what have this been if the author had complete information about everything...
It's already an amazing work like this. In that case it would have been nothing less than a total masterpiece...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 14:05   Link #135
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Sooooooo different.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 16:16   Link #136
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugashi View Post
This is a lot of religious jargon that most people don't know about, but it all links back to the satanic studies of Aliester Crowley, who had a character named after him:

The symbols that the magicians write are actual spiritual summons made by Crowley. Not only that but like I said before, Crowley was the actual publisher of the Liber Al Vegis. His parents even called him "The Beast" because of how evil he is. Even though it's wrapped in conspiracy, he is believed a member of the O.T.O(look it up).
The Index character isn't named after Aleister Crowley: IT IS ALEISTER CROWLEY.

btw: his studies weren't satanic in any way. In fact, he did not believe in 'Satan' at all...(unless you're using 'satanic' as in 'evil' and not literally as 'having to do with Satan')
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 18:25   Link #137
Tokugashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
The Index character isn't named after Aleister Crowley: IT IS ALEISTER CROWLEY.

btw: his studies weren't satanic in any way. In fact, he did not believe in 'Satan' at all...(unless you're using 'satanic' as in 'evil' and not literally as 'having to do with Satan')
Yeah, I mean satanic in an evil way. He definitely believed in demons and was more than happy to exploit them in a not-so-orthodox way. Named after him, is him, same difference
Old 2011-03-28, 19:20   Link #138
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And besides, Satan is also outdated if you consider Aiwass' ideas he gave to Aleister.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 01:57   Link #139
Kamonichan

Was anyone else let down by the MISAKA team's lack of involvement in this issue? I mean, the only scene I saw of them was their big pow-wow where they said they were going to do something, but ultimately that was one big anticlimax. I get the feeling they helped out a lot behind-the-scenes, but I would've liked a little more on-screen Misaka Imouto, ya know?
Kamonichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 06:34   Link #140
eiyuu99

They could be helping the unconscious people behind the scenes.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote