AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-11-09, 22:32   Link #1
yenben
Grand Sage of Zeal

My video is messed up

Hey im trying to watch Naruto and im thinking that my codecs are messed up and i took a look at the "read me first" nd couldent make heads or tails out of it. when i try to watch it i get 4 to5 lines running across the screen and the sound is fine. can any one help me? thank you for all the help

Yenben

PS i have divx player and windows media player
Old 2004-11-09, 22:34   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

0. Make sure your file isn't corrupted (CRC check it/run it through the original torrent)
1. Uninstall all of your codecs
2. Install the latest XviD
3. Get yourself a new media player (Media Player Classic, BSPlayer... even WinAMP works nicely enough)
Old 2004-11-10, 10:09   Link #3
yenben
Grand Sage of Zeal

Ok thank you very much for the help im goning to try that now

Yenben
Old 2004-11-10, 10:17   Link #4
yenben
Grand Sage of Zeal

Ok thank ya kindly i have it working again. however the video is slow and keeps skipping and the sound keeps going so the sound is like 5 min ahead. any ideas?

Yenben
Old 2004-11-10, 16:27   Link #5
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Most likely your system is being strained. If you're running Windows XP, you can try boosting the process priority of the media player (to make sure that the processor concentrates on it a bit more, to ensure smooth playback). You can do this by using the task manager (alt ctrl del); if you know or can pick out the media player process, just go to the processes window and find it. If you can't, go to the leftmost tab (Applications), find your media player, right click and "go to process" - now you should be in the Processes tab, with the media player's process highlighted. Right click the process and set Process Priority to "Above Normal" (don't bother setting it to High, and never set anything to Realtime). This should fix the video lag and any out-of-synch sound. Note that once you close your media player, this process priority setting will be lost - every time you close and reopen your player, you'll need to reset the process priority to "Above Normal" if you want it at that.

If you're not using Windows XP (or 2000, which I believe can also do that), then use BSPlayer as your media player (http://www.bsplayer.org). BSPlayer has a built-in option that allows you to set the process priority for good; whenever you open the player, it will auto-set its process priority to whatever you set in the options. Just set that to Above Normal and you should be fine. I used this method when I ran Windows 98 on one of my systems.
Old 2004-11-10, 18:50   Link #6
yenben
Grand Sage of Zeal

Yes it worked thank you very much for yer help
=)

Yenben