AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-10-09, 22:16   Link #281
masterbison

Is there anyone other than boku-tachi translating the books?
masterbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 17:48   Link #282
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

not that i know of

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 02:08   Link #283
masterbison

Someone here has to know.
masterbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 04:12   Link #284
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Confirmed news of MMD07:
Spoiler:

After I read the fully-translated MMD07 later I'll give some detailed news to all of you.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 08:24   Link #285
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Confirmed news of MMD07:
Spoiler:

After I read the fully-translated MMD07 later I'll give some detailed news to all of you.
Nice.....let us end this >: D

Last edited by Generalgm; 2006-10-11 at 08:24. Reason: typos
Generalgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 09:45   Link #286
T.V.

The conclusion is coming forth, I see.

Time for a new animated series in the 2007 timeframe, I say!
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 16:09   Link #287
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Death to Leotard and his gang of emo-Gundams! Huzzah!
Old 2006-10-11, 19:57   Link #288
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbison View Post
Is there anyone other than boku-tachi translating the books?
No...and it sucks...and they are gonna be a whole 2 books behind in the next couple months. Not to mention they never finished translating FMP!: Sigma
Killa_hurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 04:06   Link #289
MandyDi
Sousuke and Kaname....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz View Post
No...and it sucks...and they are gonna be a whole 2 books behind in the next couple months. Not to mention they never finished translating FMP!: Sigma
I don't mean to sound rude, but we should be thankful someone is doing them at all! It takes a lot of work, plus its entirely non-profit!

As for FMP Sigma, I believe it is still an ongoing process.

I know waiting can be very fustrating (trust me I'm a very impatient person), but things have to be put in perspective.
MandyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 12:38   Link #290
T.V.

If you're impatient, I suggest trying it yourself.
T.V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 14:44   Link #291
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyDi View Post
I don't mean to sound rude, but we should be thankful someone is doing them at all! It takes a lot of work, plus its entirely non-profit!

As for FMP Sigma, I believe it is still an ongoing process.

I know waiting can be very fustrating (trust me I'm a very impatient person), but things have to be put in perspective.
Fair enough...but you can just look at their shoutbox and see that the majority of their traffic to their site is there cause they want FMP. Isn't catering to your target audiance something important when you provide a good or service?

Yet they just continue to dangle it over our heads with not so much as an update or any kind of news. I'm not saying that they should be all FMP as soon as it comes out. But at least keep us in the know, give us a time when you plan on doing certain project so we aren't wasting our time.
Old 2006-10-12, 19:34   Link #292
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
They do good work...I'm patient and impatient at the same time. When they deliver, they will, and I'll be happy as punch.

Meanwhile, will the media start printing the actual books for Americans and co. to read?

Oooh, and maybe, maybe, with that glorious ending, Kana and Sosuke will meet up again and....forget themselves for a moment for a passionate, much needed, much anticipated embrace..... le sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
It better happen. I'm sick of all of Kaname's "firsts" being stolen.

My only ideas behind the Whispered's birthdays: Aliens or Santa. Most likely aliens.
I'm thinking....a disastor or something like that. Maybe aliens.

Last edited by dpryciak; 2006-10-12 at 19:37. Reason: I'm an idiot
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 16:21   Link #293
pachogamez
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz View Post
Fair enough...but you can just look at their shoutbox and see that the majority of their traffic to their site is there cause they want FMP. Isn't catering to your target audiance something important when you provide a good or service?

Yet they just continue to dangle it over our heads with not so much as an update or any kind of news. I'm not saying that they should be all FMP as soon as it comes out. But at least keep us in the know, give us a time when you plan on doing certain project so we aren't wasting our time.

lol

you're way too impatient. If you have been following this series, and the novels translations, as well as the other FMP forum, then you should know that Brandi, the FMP novels translator, got some important personal events the last year and this one also. You should at least be thankful that Brandi will continue the translation of the novel, and not just drop it.
pachogamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-13, 18:13   Link #294
Killa_hurtz
THE SousukexKaname Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
They do good work...I'm patient and impatient at the same time. When they deliver, they will, and I'll be happy as punch.

Meanwhile, will the media start printing the actual books for Americans and co. to read?

Oooh, and maybe, maybe, with that glorious ending, Kana and Sosuke will meet up again and....forget themselves for a moment for a passionate, much needed, much anticipated embrace..... le sigh

I'm thinking....a disastor or something like that. Maybe aliens.
I think I remember reading somewhere that it had something to do with the Auroraborialis
Old 2006-10-14, 04:27   Link #295
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Or maybe data contained in some computer and written by some genius suddenly got scattered throughout the world and found itself embedded inside certain children? There was indeed some talk about the ionosphere or some layer of the atmosphere in FMP, related to resonance or just the Whispered - but I don't know how important this is and whether the cause of the Whispereds' existence holds some weight in the story - the thing is, till now I don't think we fully were heading towards resolving this particular mystery - just resolving current problems...

And continuing my earlier thoughts, I dunno if it's possible for Whispereds to 'devolve' and become normal humans, therefore negating the potential threat hanging over them.
Old 2006-10-14, 07:21   Link #296
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
And continuing my earlier thoughts, I dunno if it's possible for Whispereds to 'devolve' and become normal humans, therefore negating the potential threat hanging over them.
Yeah, probably not, and that kinda sucks. Being super-intelligent and hunted is no fun, especially for someone like Kaname who just wants to share a normal life with you-know-who.

I'm betting the idea behind Whispereds is the same as Halo's SPARTANS. Humans are the decendants of aliens, but only a few random or enhanced humans are able to harness their inherent powers. Halo's MC can look at a Forerunner control panel and press the right button; Kaname can look at a mech and tell Sousuke the weakness or strength.
Old 2006-10-14, 08:26   Link #297
dpryciak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Yeah, probably not, and that kinda sucks. Being super-intelligent and hunted is no fun, especially for someone like Kaname who just wants to share a normal life with you-know-who.

I'm betting the idea behind Whispereds is the same as Halo's SPARTANS. Humans are the decendants of aliens, but only a few random or enhanced humans are able to harness their inherent powers. Halo's MC can look at a Forerunner control panel and press the right button; Kaname can look at a mech and tell Sousuke the weakness or strength.

Hmm....that would be interesting, if a tad cliche....kind of like StarGate Atlantis, decedent of aliens who can use and do certain things....

I hope for something more original
Old 2006-10-14, 19:08   Link #298
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpryciak View Post
Hmm....that would be interesting, if a tad cliche....kind of like StarGate Atlantis, decedent of aliens who can use and do certain things....

I hope for something more original
and also the orginal stargate sg-1 with the people that have some of the abilitys as the ancients is that what ur talking about dpryciak. i watch thoses shows too lol.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 11:16   Link #299
dpryciak

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
and also the orginal stargate sg-1 with the people that have some of the abilitys as the ancients is that what ur talking about dpryciak. i watch thoses shows too lol.

Still, shrug, I'll take what I can get....and be satisfied!!

Now, to go and learn to read Japanese...
Old 2006-10-15, 12:22   Link #300
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

lol good luck, that language is friggen hard. And where r u gonna get the japanese versions of the books?

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen