AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-06-24, 14:58   Link #2061
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Manga. They are also unrelated to the main plotline.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 15:29   Link #2062
Urzu-7=Bonta-Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
what comes after TSR and can anybody tell me where to find it???
I don't remember the page number, but there was a link to the currently translated novels somewhere between pg. 84 and 100 of this thread. It was posted by "missile-buster"; hopefully he hasn't taken it down yet.

Happy hunting!
Urzu-7=Bonta-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 18:49   Link #2063
Ravyn-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
Just watched TSR again, and a silly thing popped into mind
Spoiler for EP11:
That'd be awkward. Or is that scene never touched upon again?
That was something that only happened in the anime. It never happened in the novel. So who know's if they'll mention it in the future seasons.
Ravyn-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 01:44   Link #2064
FrostWolf

Doubt it, it served only to show how much Souske loves Kaname I also doubt that he's going to tell her he tried to get it from a prostitute
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 02:58   Link #2065
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I guess it probably should be never discussed again, it could only end badly.

"So Sousuke, what happened to you in Hong Kong? Mao tells me you pretty much fell apart"
"Oh nothing I felt better after had a drink this girl that looked like you, went to her room and gave her some money..."

The biggest harisen ever seen in anime sends Sousuke into outer space. End of FMP!. BOO!
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 03:14   Link #2066
diane_cheeze
Social Sipper

the more and more i read up and surf regarding FMP, the more i want to watch a new season of the anime!!! or want some publisher to translate all the novels into English! *pulls hair*
WHY???? why is this not possible!?!?!? or y isnt it in the process of being done??? argh!
Old 2007-06-25, 03:20   Link #2067
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

err because the final novel isn't finished.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 03:31   Link #2068
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
true.. I am trying to find an ebook of Tsudou make my day in order for me to find out what happens(Japanese of course), so far no luck

The next book shall end it all, but what will happen, I personally want Sousuke and Kaname to live happily ever after.
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 07:33   Link #2069
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Gatoh does have something horrible in the stores......
Spoiler for extracts of Lucky Star:

Spoiler for another pic, probably old:

I have no freaking idea for how I'm going to react.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 08:44   Link #2070
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Gatoh does have something horrible in the stores......
Spoiler for extracts of Lucky Star:

Spoiler for another pic, probably old:

I have no freaking idea for how I'm going to react.
Oh um... Well he did say that... well he *VOMITS*

And beware the new and improved Sousuke who scores at every opportunity :P

I decided to read through every post on this thread, 4 hours later I am as tired as hell. I made it though and I think I know a little bit more, mainly about the story arc after BOMF. Damn I need to read it, or it to be animated.
Old 2007-06-25, 09:03   Link #2071
Otakon
True Hero Saves The Girl

what anime is that hunter seeker?
Otakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 09:24   Link #2072
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakon View Post
what anime is that hunter seeker?
Judging by "Spoiler for extracts of Lucky Star" I'll go on a whim and say Lucky Star, though don't hold me on that.

I'm really concerned for the Full metal Panic ending. The more I think about it, the more I think there wont be a fully happy ending, if we follow the path the series is heading. Now Gatoh has mentioned he might do some more short stories afterwards, that, and he is a fan of the Gundam series(Of the Gundam I've seen they've had moderately happy endings and Gundam is an influence) is our only evidence of a happy ending. However Why i would love for there a truly happy ending, in reality, there shouldn't. There is only one thing I would think, The school forgives Sousuke after hearing what he did to save Kaname, Kaname and Sousuke are forced to repeat, so they graduate 1 year behind the rest.

A real ending is that Kaname doesn't go back to school for safety reasons, Sousuke stays with Kaname as a bodyguard/romancer(their relationship has built, you can't deny it) and they live under different aliases, no contact with friends etc. Another real ending is that Kaname dies, Sousuke ends up going back to the battlefeild, basically for his death, that would be sad and I wouldn't want it.

There is also the wacked out theories which I wouldn't mind as long as it ended in a happy note. I'll personally be happy if Sousuke and Kaname get together in the end, thats all I have to say about it. I just hope its done in a way to allow more short stories.
Old 2007-06-25, 11:43   Link #2073
TigerII
Pilot in Training

If anyone dies I would say Souske.
Old 2007-06-25, 18:31   Link #2074
Autumnaki
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Manga. They are also unrelated to the main plotline.
I own Sigma.

Sigma is directly related the the main plotline in the regards that it is the manga form of TSR, The OVA, a few Fumoffuu eps are also manga-cized in it, and it also is currently continuing the manga form of the next novel. COMO I belive it is. They are almost to BOMF in the Sigma Manga.

Its actually quite good. XD
Autumnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 20:19   Link #2075
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I read that is takes some plot elements but it was not in complete order as the novels were.
Old 2007-06-25, 23:18   Link #2076
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

alright is gatoh somehow involved in the show lucky star? and/or is lucky star animated by kyoani? The creators must be fans of FMP.
Also - you forgot The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - when they are fighting the huge cricket Koizumi makes an energy ball, and serves it volleyball style while shouting "FUMOFFU!"
Last bit - if you look at the time between the anime series, this gap with no fmp anime isnt that unusual. Maintain hope!

p.s. no i havent taken down the link, it should still be there on megaupload (if the download limit hasn't been exceded - if so just tell me)

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 23:20   Link #2077
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah the same makers who made FMP F are making LS.

I have seen many references to FMP, Haruhi and others in LS.
Old 2007-06-26, 00:03   Link #2078
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Well if you look hard enough, you usually find references to other anime in different shows, mostly by the same animaters, like Death Note look alikes in TSR for example(I heard there was anyways). It aint that unusual.

I'm going to bring up and old topic from the past, the animation of the rest of the books in the story arc. All of them should be able to be animated into 1 36 episiode season. It would be one hell of a season 3
Old 2007-06-26, 12:21   Link #2079
UPR

ive read many of the novels but im still missing Burning One Man Force, and Come Make My Day anybody know where to find them. Like i said I have the others
UPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 12:26   Link #2080
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
I guess it probably should be never discussed again, it could only end badly.

"So Sousuke, what happened to you in Hong Kong? Mao tells me you pretty much fell apart"
"Oh nothing I felt better after had a drink this girl that looked like you, went to her room and gave her some money..."

The biggest harisen ever seen in anime sends Sousuke into outer space. End of FMP!. BOO!
bhahahaha!! That is SO true, SO accurate, and I can see it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysinello View Post

I'm really concerned for the Full metal Panic ending. The more I think about it, the more I think there wont be a fully happy ending, if we follow the path the series is heading. Now Gatoh has mentioned he might do some more short stories afterwards, that, and he is a fan of the Gundam series(Of the Gundam I've seen they've had moderately happy endings and Gundam is an influence) is our only evidence of a happy ending. However Why i would love for there a truly happy ending, in reality, there shouldn't. There is only one thing I would think, The school forgives Sousuke after hearing what he did to save Kaname, Kaname and Sousuke are forced to repeat, so they graduate 1 year behind the rest.

A real ending is that Kaname doesn't go back to school for safety reasons, Sousuke stays with Kaname as a bodyguard/romancer(their relationship has built, you can't deny it) and they live under different aliases, no contact with friends etc. Another real ending is that Kaname dies, Sousuke ends up going back to the battlefeild, basically for his death, that would be sad and I wouldn't want it.

There is also the wacked out theories which I wouldn't mind as long as it ended in a happy note. I'll personally be happy if Sousuke and Kaname get together in the end, thats all I have to say about it. I just hope its done in a way to allow more short stories.
personally, I'm tired of those romantically tragic endings.

I hate the Romeo and Juliet story, for both characters are pathetic and they both die. Stories of that nature drive me batty, too.

In a lot of Japanese movies and series, there is death, and it is supposed to be tragically uplifting, to sacrifice oneself for one's love. If anybody is going to die, I think it'll be Sosuke--of "somebody must die" factor, I'd give it 50%. However, Chidori has a high chance, too (although I'd suggest only a 25% chance). HOWever, I think her spirit would live on in in a mecha or something like that. Some creepy fashion, where she can continue to look over him.

Tessa....naw, that girl will live on, so will Mao and Kurtz. Kalinin has a higher likelihood of dying, though. I'd suggest a 75% chance, but, those deaths wouldn't affect me as much as K or S.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen