AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-10, 16:26   Link #1
lillaziboi

Any anime like Full moon or Kaleido star?

lol, for some reason, i really like those 2 animes O_O i've watched many others but i wanna watch more of those for now, any1 know any? romance+shojo+comedy+drama or just similar to those 2 animes x] is it a coincidence that both r 52 eps? O_O

well thanks in advance
Old 2007-10-10, 21:02   Link #2
OneiChan

Send a message via MSN to OneiChan
First off, I'd have to recommend the classics! Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host Club. But since you have probably already seen both of those, I think you could check out Princess Tutu and Hikaru no Go ^_^
Old 2007-10-10, 21:14   Link #3
jedinat

You might like Aishiteru ze Baby or Kare Kano.

Also, perhaps you'd enjoy Kodomo no Omocha... I liked the first 50 or so eps, but then got kind of annoyed with the way things were going and stopped watching (a large contributer to this was the crappy fansubs available back then for episodes 50+)
Old 2007-10-11, 05:40   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

dont forget pita ten and mahoraba heartful days
Old 2007-10-11, 07:27   Link #5
lillaziboi

o.o thanks for all the suggestions, but is hikaru no go actually romance? xD i watched it alrdy and it doesn't seem so :P

i've watched all listed cept for princess tutu and kodocha x] kodocha seems a lil old, lol but ill check em both out ^_^ thanks
Old 2007-10-11, 20:14   Link #6
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillaziboi View Post
o.o thanks for all the suggestions, but is hikaru no go actually romance? xD i watched it alrdy and it doesn't seem so :P
Hikaru no Go doesn't have any romance of note, but that's also true of Kaleidostar. They're similar in that they basically take the traditional shounen sports story and couch it in slightly different terms. Similar shows (with a bit more focus on romance) would be:

Princess Nine - It's a baseball show about an all-girls team trying to compete with boys teams. It has all of the melodrama that you'd expect from both shounen sports shows and shoujo dramas.

Angelic Layer - a shounen tournament anime with fighting dolls. It features excellent music, good characters, CLAMP, and a good bit of fun.

Creamy Mami
Fancy Lala

Both of the above shows form the premise that Full Moon started out with: two mascots grant a little girl the power to grow older and take on the role of an idol. Neither is as dramatic as Full Moon, but they're probably worth checking out.

For a bit of random fun, you can check out Supergals! - it's got every element that you listed, and it's a show with a lot of heart.