AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-16, 07:45   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

World of Warships [Wargaming.net]

Wargaming.net declares Naval Warfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargaming.net
Wargaming.net announces World of Battleships, a free-to-play naval action MMO based on epic sea battles of the 20th century that will complete the “World of” war trilogy.

Keeping with the best traditions of the series, World of Battleships will offer a straightforward interface, easy-to-use controls, and a common economic system that will allow players to distribute resources between the three games for the ultimate progress in each of them.

The large assortment of available warships will give various tactical opportunities, as all the machines have a unique combination of firepower, speed, armor, and endurance. Various naval maps with changing weather conditions will enrich the gameplay, and the realistic graphics will transport players into the epic battles that changed the course of human history.

Wargaming.net CEO Victor Kislyi states: “Humans always needed to conquer the elements — earth, water and air. With World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Battleships we will offer players to conquer all, simultaneously.”
Land, Sea and Air simultaneously? Damn

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 14:40   Link #2
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://overlord-wot.blogspot.com/201...questions.html

Interesting that Aircraft carrier will have RTS Gameplay

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 14:48   Link #3
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll stick with WoT.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 15:14   Link #4
Blaat

The anime geek in me is demanding that I play this game and farm till I get the Yamato.

After that I'll go the forums and ask why the 'wave motion gun' isn't in game.
Old 2012-12-30, 15:36   Link #5
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I hope it get the same style that Midway has. At least it will be more familiar that way...

BTW if we have a WoT & WoB threads, then is missing a World of Warplanes one.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 15:59   Link #6
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

By current pace it will be release in 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I hope it get the same style that Midway has. At least it will be more familiar that way...

BTW if we have a WoT & WoB threads, then is missing a World of Warplanes one.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ighlight=world

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 16:06   Link #7
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Looking forward to this one. I don't really like Airplane much, but Tank and Battleship are 2 things I couldn't miss.
Old 2012-12-30, 16:23   Link #8
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It would be unfair if the Japanese get a Wave Motion Engine upgrade.
Old 2012-12-30, 17:55   Link #9
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hmm.. I don't know why but pure air combat has never been as much a draw to me as naval and land combat. Then again, separating air and naval combat in any WW2 or post setting is just .. foolish. I'm going to keep an open mind but enjoy my tanks in the meantime ..

I have to admit, one draw for me, is that inevitably if people are controlling battleships, cruisers and aircraft carriers .. the scale of the conflict increases immensely and I've always been a more "macro" than "micro" guy ..
Old 2012-12-30, 18:20   Link #10
LeoXiao
思想工作

I am sorely disappointed that there are no submarines. I know that they would be even more hated than arty, but really WG? I'm sure there are ways to make them balanced.

That being said, I will go straight for the Yamato.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 19:28   Link #11
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Yeah it seems like an obvious addition to naval combat especially given how important they where during the war.

I'd definitely go the U-boat route if there had been one.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 05:40   Link #12
Traece
:cool:

Keep in mind that Navy Field went years before they added submarines. World of Tanks has had a lot of content added in since when it came out featuring only a limited tree of German and Russian tanks. Now they have large trees for France, The U.S.A, and GBritain on top of large Russian and German trees. What I am most curious about is what two factions will be most prominent in this game when it launches. I suspect that it will be prominently the Pacific front with Japan and the U.S., but it's possible that they would use Germany as the prominent Axis faction since they probably have better access to documentation because of their location in the world. Only time will tell!

Oh, I forgot about aircraft carriers! This will be a very interesting issue for Wargaming to handle because they ended up being the big winner on the naval front. In fact, aircraft carriers are so useful that they're the measure of power and the focal point of navies in the modern world. The United States has naval supremacy because we have the best aircraft carrier technology on the planet, and more of them than anyone else. Even back in WWII, aircraft carriers were quickly taking their place at the top of the chain.

Fun little tidbit: The two more notable Axis battleships of WWII, the Yamato and Bismarck, would hate aircraft carriers if they were people (or if this were Hetalia). The Bismarck was scuttled by its crew after having been severely damaged attempting to escape a British fleet that was making chase; however the first strike that was largely responsible for its inevitable sinking was bombers from the Arc Royale carrier. The Yamato was actually sunk by aircraft. I believe there was another notable German battleship that was actually sunk by a magazine explosion caused by an aircraft, but I forgot the name!
Old 2012-12-31, 12:24   Link #13
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Gneisenau had a mazagine explostion due to a bomb hit. She was not sunk by this, but by that time in the war, it was considered too expensive to repair and the leadership no longer carried for naval warships. She was used as a blockship after that.

It was suggested that the bomb that hit her did not penetrate the armor, but went squarely through an open hatch on the turret.

Scharnhorst was done in by the HMS Duke of York and torpedo fire from cruisers and destroyers.

Tirpitz was attacked many times and done in by several 12,000 pound bombs.

Bismarck was technically done in by two things. Prince of Wales hit him once and basically mission killed him by putting a hole in his fuel comparment. Not only did this make the mission impossible, it also slowed him down a little. Ark Royal's planes took care of his rudder on his way back to France. The British still claim they sank him with torpedoes, but due to how he sits in the mud, thre is no way to confirm that. Presently it seems more likely he was scuttled as the Germans said they did (as from what they can see it seems the ship's torpedo bulkheads are still intact).

Yamato and her sister ship Musashi both took massive numbers of bombs and torpedoes to sink. Musashi took more due to the Americans hitting both sides of the ship with torpedoes so she sank more slowly on an even keel. For Yamato (having learned from sinking Musashi) they focused on one side for the most part, so she rolled over and exploded.

One Japanese battleship (of the era) survived the war. Nagato (the first modern battleship to have 16" guns back in 1920) survived to be used at the Bikini Atoll atomic bomb tests along with several other captured vessels and many older American warships. The other surviving Japanese battleship was a museum piece....Mikasa, which currently still exists in a concrete drydock. She was a from the Russo-Japanese War over a century ago (and built in Britain).
Old 2012-12-31, 15:14   Link #14
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Ah, I didn't know there was a World of Warships thread in this forum. This is the game I'm really waiting for. WoT is more like a "Killing time with my friends" game for me. I'll definitely be going the IJN route.

As for simultaneous air-sea-land action, this is actually nothing new. I was actually involved in the beta testing of World War II Online back in 2000.

Battlefield 1942 also involved air-sea-land action, but in my opinion, had very arcade style gameplay, and I got bored with it pretty fast.

Endless "floo burns" Soul
Old 2012-12-31, 21:09   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Wob and Wot

How the world will end with the world of booms!
Old 2013-01-18, 05:24   Link #16
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Wargaming reveals World Of Warships In-Game look

So it's called World of Warships now, interesting. Looks good as can be expected.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 06:17   Link #17
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The most messed up thing would be skins for the Girls und Panzers city ships. To scale.
Old 2013-01-18, 06:43   Link #18
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The most messed up thing would be skins for the Girls und Panzers city ships. To scale.
You spelled "awesome" wrong.
Old 2013-01-18, 09:57   Link #19
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I could see some Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio skins being done.
Old 2013-01-18, 22:26   Link #20
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There will probably be a Space Battleship mod/skin as well....cause that's just what people do when they have a Yamato.

Tags
naval warfare, warships