AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 06:29   Link #1821
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusjecht View Post
How powerful is the Infinity again?
The longer it's in its sheath, the higher its power.
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 06:34   Link #1822
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Well ouch. Must have been in there since the beginning of time.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 06:06   Link #1823
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Yup. He did use it to help SC and AM escape the Palace.

Now then, I read the latest translation of the first chapter of volume 7. Is SB that naive? I mean establishing an assistance guild is noble but not many linkers would be that generous with their points.
Old 2013-01-14, 06:12   Link #1824
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I think SB was doing it out of pity, and among other things, a wish to be connected to other BL-ers. SB mentioned in a translated dialogue she felt for those BL-ers who got the program just to give their parents 100 points for nothing in return. Her legion, among other things, would help such people.

More debatable, Saffron is quite nearly red, just like Scarlet. KYH remarked that Niko 'just wants to trust someone' because 'she's scared of the world'. I imagine SB is just like this as well. It's a weaker point though.
Old 2013-01-14, 06:37   Link #1825
Tri-ring

Quote:
Even if he spawns just outside the palace, if he's as fast as he says, he can outrun the God-class enemies and camp in the palace.
This won't work because the seal inside the palace can only be broken from the inside with a VERY strong force or the god class enemy that is guarding the gate is defeated. The only reason why SC and AM made it in was because AH cut the seal that locked the gates from the inside.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 06:44   Link #1826
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
I think SB was doing it out of pity, and among other things, a wish to be connected to other BL-ers. SB mentioned in a translated dialogue she felt for those BL-ers who got the program just to give their parents 100 points for nothing in return. Her legion, among other things, would help such people.

More debatable, Saffron is quite nearly red, just like Scarlet. KYH remarked that Niko 'just wants to trust someone' because 'she's scared of the world'. I imagine SB is just like this as well. It's a weaker point though.
But not all linkers deserve that assistance. An example would be a linker like Dusk Taker in terms of personality.

In the translation, it was noted that is getting more and more isolated from her family considering she is aging faster mentally. In a way, the assistance guild is a way to maintain a community where she won't be alone. This makes the subsequent torture and death of SB more tragic. She was betrayed by the linkers she wanted to help and her death drove her lover, Chrome Falcon, past the despair event horizon.

Speaking of CF, his personality is similar to Haru. But unlike Haru, he managed to get SB to be his girlfriend despite his self-confidence issues. However, he wasn't able to protect her and had to mercy kill her. No wonder Haru managed to get the full abilities of CD.
Old 2013-01-14, 07:44   Link #1827
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
This won't work because the seal inside the palace can only be broken from the inside with a VERY strong force or the god class enemy that is guarding the gate is defeated. The only reason why SC and AM made it in was because AH cut the seal that locked the gates from the inside.
I think I'll leave this until BT gets to work on Volume 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
But not all linkers deserve that assistance. An example would be a linker like Dusk Taker in terms of personality.

In the translation, it was noted that is getting more and more isolated from her family considering she is aging faster mentally. In a way, the assistance guild is a way to maintain a community where she won't be alone. This makes the subsequent torture and death of SB more tragic. She was betrayed by the linkers she wanted to help and her death drove her lover, Chrome Falcon, past the despair event horizon.

Speaking of CF, his personality is similar to Haru. But unlike Haru, he managed to get SB to be his girlfriend despite his self-confidence issues. However, he wasn't able to protect her and had to mercy kill her. No wonder Haru managed to get the full abilities of CD.
Whether a linker deserves that assistance or not would be up to CF and SB to decide in a future where they had they had their assistance legion up and running. So that's open.

The rest does make sense; SB is literally spending years in another world. And if Haru was ever in a situation where he had to mercy kill the centre of his admiration he'd go rage mood as well.
Old 2013-01-14, 10:14   Link #1828
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Just a side note here, it wasn't a legion that Blossom established, merely an informal group.
Old 2013-01-18, 01:13   Link #1829
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Does anyone have a summary of volume 8?
Old 2013-01-18, 01:51   Link #1830
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Does anyone have a summary of volume 8?
I believe it goes like this.

Spoiler for Volume 8:

This is more or less what happened. Corrections are most welcomed.
Old 2013-01-18, 02:21   Link #1831
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Being Taku is suffering, eh?
Old 2013-01-18, 06:16   Link #1832
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Being Taku is suffering, eh?
His luck is Lancer-class.
Old 2013-01-18, 06:20   Link #1833
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Don't get it, but are lancers unlucky?
Old 2013-01-18, 16:05   Link #1834
Krono

Quote:
Don't get it, but are lancers unlucky?
It's a Fate Stay/Night reference. The lancer class in that series tends to have the lowest rank in luck.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 20:31   Link #1835
Sunder the Gold

It's not so much their Luck parameter as their luck in a general sense.

As a parameter, it just refers to your chance to avoid or inflict a critical hit. Saber had high Luck, but that didn't mean she was always lucky in the common sense. Otherwise, she'd never suffer a setback and always meet a happy end.

Rather than Lancer's Luck, it was more that his spear's instant-death attack was liable to fail against a target with high Luck, and Lancer never used against an opponent with bad Luck.

As an aside, Archer had absolutely terrible Luck, and if Lancer hadn't been distracted from using his spear's attack, Archer would have died on the spot. No defense would have been possible, not even with that shield.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 21:02   Link #1836
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
Just a side note here, it wasn't a legion that Blossom established, merely an informal group.
Right, because theres already an orange king/legion right? wink-nudge
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 21:18   Link #1837
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
Right, because theres already an orange king/legion right? wink-nudge
Of course. more wink-nudge
Old 2013-01-19, 21:25   Link #1838
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Oh, get a room. :P
Old 2013-01-20, 04:54   Link #1839
spike021

I've looked all over and can't find English translations for volumes 5+. Are there any? I'll admit I'm a little desperate and I'm seriously considering learning Japanese just so that I can read more of the story. Can anyone tell me if there are more translations available somewhere?
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 05:00   Link #1840
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

There isn't, but I found a machine translated first chapter and last chapter. It's pretty bad, not reccomending because original text was chinese translation. Even BT doesn't seem to have started on it - any word from them, anyone?

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality